• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Staff
I highly doubt that the TUF OC queue has been cleared. Think there's 100s left still.

We had a couple arrive today and as of today still 453 back orders to fulfill.

Some board partners have mentioned May and told me it will be even worse than April, all I can say is considering we had so little in April means that in May must mean we will see next to nothing on 3080.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Scotti, can you or Gibbo give us any update on what OCUK are planning to do for those who purchased GPUs but there isn’t any reasonable likelihood of the order being fulfilled any time soon? I’m slightly above the 100 limit that you advised of previously, but I’m very reluctant to cancel my order.
Prices are going up by the week so the days of us being able to do free upgrades are probably long gone. We don't currently have a plan because, to formulate a plan that isn't "We're going to have to cancel everything" requires some supply of alternative cards or at least some sort of idea of what the future holds.

What we're not willing to do is to start moving people from one queue to another.

Gone up 2 places for the eagle in two weeks. @ScottiB @Gibbo, is it possible to confirm whether or not the eagle is actually still in production?
Eagles have not been officially discontinued, but 3080 production, in general, has been awful.
They have upgraded others for free so if they did upgrade us then I would expect it for free tbh. I'm 33 in the que for the same card.

This has been the worst experience in buying a product in my opinion.
See above, and I absolutely agree with you. This has been the worst experience for us too.
I've heard that all back orders might be cleared on the Asus TUF 3080 OC.
Completely false, still over 450 left.

Associate
So, better to cancel all orders now or in a month or more?

It would certainly save work for you and give people their money back, which can be spent on a 40 series by the time this is over, 2022.

OcUK Staff
Scotti, can you or Gibbo give us any update on what OCUK are planning to do for those who purchased GPUs but there isn’t any reasonable likelihood of the order being fulfilled any time soon? I’m slightly above the 100 limit that you advised of previously, but I’m very reluctant to cancel my order.

Scotti already answered, but I will give some more detail.

3080 deliveries across all brands have been very slim in April to zero, Asus have shipped the most but they also have the most back orders, 1000+ on TUF, 450+ back orders on TUF OC. Strix 250pc and Strix OC 650+ back orders. We have in April had 9pc TUF (on the way still), 5pc TUF OC (delivered), 0pc Strix and 21pc Strix OC (delivered).

We are been informed that May shall be worse, to be frank it can't get much worse as that will put us at zero incoming stock more or less.

It is the same on other brands, so even though the ability to do upgrades FOC is at an end due to the considerable price increases of £200-£300 per 3080 and then factor in were simply hardly getting any means we can't do upgrades due to lack of physical stock and secondly if we had stock we could not do it as we can't lose around £200 per card, but this is irrelevant as there is no stock to upgrade too.

So as per my advice over a month ago, we recommend people request refunds if at 50+ in a queue as those orders will never likely be fulfilled and looking highly unlikely to ever happen as I foresee 3080 becoming EOL before the shortages ends.

Also I must make it clear to those who like to say OcUK has had your money for months, well yes but only because you the customer made that decision, the ability to request a refund online has been available to all customers since the first week of launch and is very easy to request and is quickly actioned.

Associate
Never did I expect to be on the final day of my dissertation, having to submit it tonight with my victory relaxation being via the launch day gtx 970. :( Wild ride of sorrow

Associate
I think the new issue is the big miners are just buying GPUs direct by the pallet load as up until Jan stock was slowly but surely getting out, but now nothing, the big difference being crypto is going up. Once crypto crashes, boom suddenly there is stock. /opinion not fact

Associate
Yea well, I'm keeping my Tuf non oc order ad infinitum... Having a pre order not likely to be filled is still a step ahead of not having a pre order and 0% of getting one elsewhere. My bro lost his mind waiting and bought a Zotac 3090 for £1400 which at the time we thought was insane... Just saw OCUK put a MSI 3090 trio up for £2500... so yea.

Be buying and Intel GPU at this rate. Or if a bit of luck comes our way we get a code for the 6800xt.

"wonders if my 980ti will live long enough to see the 4000 series."

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Once crypto crashes
The wimpering call of gamers everywhere, clinging to the faint hope that mining will go away.

However, with Coinbase floating on the stock market and loads of Bitcoin ETFs popping up. The chances are that the mainstream adoption which could cement Crypto's place in our future is closer than ever.

Associate
Yea mining isn't going anywhere until government intervention catches up due to the ecological damage or more importantly... they will cease to have control of currencies.

Associate
The wimpering call of gamers everywhere, clinging to the faint hope that mining will go away.

However, with Coinbase floating on the stock market and loads of Bitcoin ETFs popping up. The chances are that the mainstream adoption which could cement Crypto's place in our future is closer than ever.
All we need is some good ASIC miners to go on sale making gpu mining worthless again

Associate
I know there is a shortage of cards :( and I would like to go on a 'pre-order' list when they open up, but which card?? There are no prices shown but I would like the 3080, but which brand? The cheapest is fine (as they are all good IMHO :D ) any pointers as to which one this is would be great!
TIA
Mark

Please disregard, I found the answer here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...s-3090-3080-3070-now-online-at-ocuk.18897450/ :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom