• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Don’t understand how people think the 3080 ti release will have any more stock than the 3080... everyone who hasn’t received there card will be jumping onto the next, bringing exactly the same situation.

I guess the hope is that if the card is not of much use to miners, that might reduce overall demand for the card and give the rest of use a slightly better chance of getting one

Associate
Don’t understand how people think the 3080 ti release will have any more stock than the 3080... everyone who hasn’t received there card will be jumping onto the next, bringing exactly the same situation.

the 3080 Ti will be mining proof so it will be useless to miners. i dont see the stock improving for the 3080, not until next year at the rate we are going

Associate
the 3080 Ti will be mining proof so it will be useless to miners. i dont see the stock improving for the 3080, not until next year at the rate we are going
True, but the people who were buying up as much 3080 stock as possible and immediately flipping it on ebay for over the top prices weren't miners. Same thing will happen with the Ti

Associate
True, but the people who were buying up as much 3080 stock as possible and immediately flipping it on ebay for over the top prices weren't miners. Same thing will happen with the Ti

At this point i think there are only 2 options. try and wait for 3080 Ti, even though the stock will be gone within seconds or downgrade to 3070 as i believe there are no back orders left on 3070's

Associate
Are we guessing on 3080ti release date or its definite

Still guessing, unless you know something we don't? In which case can you just whisper the winning lottery numbers too? :D

Seriously though, it's looking like first half of May if those pictures were genuine stock moving as the retailers aren't going to want to sit on tens of thousands of $$$ in stock for long. The costs of keeping that stock secure and under embargo aren't going to be cheap.

Associate
I always said that this GPU situation would get worse before it gets better but never thought it would end up this bad! Here we are nearly 7 months with very little to no comunication from NVIDIA/AMD/AIB's as to if/when this situation will get any better. The optics aren't very good when they announce new models knowing full well that there are thousands of customers waiting for pre orders for 30 series cards & no doubt AMD cards too. You would think they would all be working hand over fist to satisfy those first!

Not only are @Gibbo & @ScottiB playing a blinder within these forums but also all the backroom staff of OCUK, the unsung heroes. We are all too quick to vent on them when we perceive we are being wronged as they are the only ones who regularily respond whether good news or bad. OCUK are doing their damnest to "do the right thing" & keep the majority of the customer base happy. Just keep in mind they are human too & also have feelings!

I have been waiting since nearly day 1 for a Strix 3080 non OC & am at queue 126 approx. I am in no position to cancel my order due to financial restrictions but I am prepared for the worst if it comes to it, hopefully not. I am a very patient person so will quietly wait it out fingers, arms & legs crossed.

Associate
I guess the hope is that if the card is not of much use to miners, that might reduce overall demand for the card and give the rest of use a slightly better chance of getting one

Miners will still be buying them as soon as they can though. They will only be nerfed for Etherium but work just as well as non nerfed ones for all the other coins. Plus a nerfed 3080 ti or non ti, will still be better for mining than older 1000 and 2000 series cards.

Miners also only have a very small impact on supply, probably way less than 10% of cards are getting snapped up by miners, it's the scalpers that are the real problem and you are never going to get rid of them until supply outstrips demand, which is many many moons away.

Soldato
Miners will still be buying them as soon as they can though. They will only be nerfed for Etherium but work just as well as non nerfed ones for all the other coins. Plus a nerfed 3080 ti or non ti, will still be better for mining than older 1000 and 2000 series cards.

Miners also only have a very small impact on supply, probably way less than 10% of cards are getting snapped up by miners, it's the scalpers that are the real problem and you are never going to get rid of them until supply outstrips demand, which is many many moons away.
I’d disagree with this because more often that not it is the miners buying the scalped cards since they don’t mind paying over rrp as they will make that back in a few months on crypto.

I’d estimate that at least half of all the cards produced are going towards mining right now whether it be the huge farms in China bulk buying directly from AIBs or the more small time operators buying a few extra gpus on the side.

Soldato
Playing a blinder? Expectations are clearly rock bottom in this industry then.

Ive checked out of the hobby and will look again when the industry thinks of their consumer first.

Associate
Alright guys, I'm checking out I think.
Position 38 on the Ventus, a mythical card which stopped existing as soon as manufacturers seen the sheep buy from the fox and grow jealous of the bounty to be had.

There are no cards, anyone in the hundreds still holding is dumber than me, who waited like 7 months for sasquatch.

Associate
Alright guys, I'm checking out I think.
Position 38 on the Ventus, a mythical card which stopped existing as soon as manufacturers seen the sheep buy from the fox and grow jealous of the bounty to be had.

There are no cards, anyone in the hundreds still holding is dumber than me, who waited like 7 months for sasquatch.

I'm also in the same Que, yet my position hasn't moved as much as your depicting? I've dropped 50 places in like a year.....

Associate
My GPU has arrived!! https://imgur.com/0hgurZh

here is my build I just built my first gaming PC with the 3080!
https://imgur.com/tYCB6Ny

Here are my specs if anyone is interested:
RTX 3080 Gigabyte vision OC
Ryzen 7 5800X
Corsair H100i Elite capellix
MSI B550 Gaming edge WiFi
Corsair RM850x
16GB Patriot viper RGB RAM
Adata Spectrix 512GB RGB SSD
WD SATA 500GB
Corsair 4000D airflow
LL120 Fans x4

Big thanks to Gibbo and all the staff at OC they have been great and very helpful along the way. Now I can I play Fortnite at 4K. Good Luck to everyone still waiting for their GPU!

Back
Top Bottom