• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
What ever happened to the Asus GPU support person. I feel like the lack of stock and the lack of communication Asus are providing is pretty poor.

Associate
Seems likely at this point, the main reason why I'm sticking around at the moment is for the prospect of a potential upgrade to a 3080 Ti. I really do hope that OCUK go ahead with this plan as it would be nice to walk away from this long queue with at least something to show for it.
In a sense MSI have cancelled it as they're transitioning to the LHR version which I've seen advertised elsewhere. Hopefully stock might improve if the miners aren't interested in it.

Associate
The guy who’s selling it says the RAM has been used for a year for gaming with an RX 5700XT/ Ryzen 7 3800x. I asked if he overclocked and he said no so is it ok to buy?

Not many people will be honest about overclocking when asked, not much point even asking. Thankfully with RAM it's quite strait forward, if it works, its fine, very unlikely for problems to show up over time due to overclocking. Today, there are so many safeguards on software and hardware level that someone would really need to put some effort and even disable some of those safeguards to fry RAM, CPU, or GPU to be honest.

Associate
In a sense MSI have cancelled it as they're transitioning to the LHR version which I've seen advertised elsewhere. Hopefully stock might improve if the miners aren't interested in it.
Yep, and hopefully OCUK give us a potential "upgrade" path towards it. We'll have to see though, I have a feeling the LHR versions won't be around for a good while yet.

Associate
Nobody said that it was gimping your performance but that wasn't the question that was asked. Nobody asked'do you think Tramstop should upgrade his 3200Mhz RAM?' :cry::cry:

The simple fact is, for the negligible price difference, the best choice for anyone buying Ryzen 5000 series now is to buy 3600MHz
I think you missed the point that in my situation where money is tight and every pound counts that having a 4k 60 hz monitor the 3600 ram does nothing for me, money better in the bank.

Associate
What ever happened to the Asus GPU support person. I feel like the lack of stock and the lack of communication Asus are providing is pretty poor.
Agree about the comms but to be fair to Asus they do seem to be one of the better AIBs for supplying cards according to Gibbo's stock info.

Asus has probably decided, possibly like other AIBs, that radio silence is the best option because it would just end in big arguments.

:D

Associate
The guy who’s selling it says the RAM has been used for a year for gaming with an RX 5700XT/ Ryzen 7 3800x. I asked if he overclocked and he said no so is it ok to buy?
I would have my doubts seeing as most ram is designed to be overclocked these days. I don't think it would an issue if it was overclocked.

Associate
Yep, and hopefully OCUK give us a potential "upgrade" path towards it. We'll have to see though, I have a feeling the LHR versions won't be around for a good while yet.
OC have had deliveries of some 3060 LHR cards but I've not seen any mentions of 3080 LHR deliveries yet.

Associate
Been trying for a while to grab a FE card from drops but I either miss them or I’m not fast enough. Getting a new gen console was so much easier compared to this

Associate
well on the bright side prices are starting to go down for 3080's on reselling sites

A little bit more supply and less interest from miner due to crypto price fall and LHR, looks like some speculators especially with 3090 are getting panicky. I really hope that prices will fall to the level that will actually lose them money. Only few days ago you could sell 3090FE to CEX and make few hundred quid, not any more.

Associate
A little bit more supply and less interest from miner due to crypto price fall and LHR, looks like some speculators especially with 3090 are getting panicky. I really hope that prices will fall to the level that will actually lose them money. Only few days ago you could sell 3090FE to CEX and make few hundred quid, not any more.

I second that, and hope these do happen as would mean more cards for gamers

Soldato

I guess as everyone who is prepared to pay silly money gets one, the pool of potential buyers at that price drops.

I still don't expect prices to return to sane levels for a while.

Let's hope for a fall in crypto prices- that will hopefully see a flood of cards hit the market.

Back
Top Bottom