• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hey guys,

like many of you I'm still waiting for my 3080 ordered on launch day (tuf none oc) around 20 mins after lauch. I come from Finland and I ordered from a Finnish retailer which is one the biggest actors in the pc parts market in Finland. To give a hint, together with OCUK, they are part of Caseking. (I hope this info does not brake the forum rules, if so, feel free to edit)

Anyhow, I signed up here because I thought that some of you might be interested in some data on card deliveries that is publicly provided by the retailer on their website to draw some comparisons. While I'm not privy to the exact information of how long the backlog is, it is still definitely massive, especially with the none oc -variants.

Below, I will list the up to date deliveries of some of the more popular cards:

3080 deliveries since launch

ASUS

Strix oc: 384 delivered, zero incoming (backlog 23 cards)
Strix: 49 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards)
Tuf oc: 992 delivered, 20 incoming (backlog +25 cards, in the hundreds)
Tuf none oc: 207 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards, in the hundreds)

Gigabyte

Gaming oc: 89 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards)
Eagle oc: 18 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards, over hundred)
Vision oc: 13 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards)

MSI:

Suprim X: 294 delivered, 20 incoming (no backlog)
Gaming Z Trio: 30 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards)
Ventus: 142 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards, over hundred)

The differences in delivered amounts among these three big manufacturers are explained by the greater market share that ASUS and MSI have in the Nordics than Gigabyte. As the numbers indicate those who ordered ASUS none oc are getting shafted pretty bad. I imagine this story is more or less the same everywhere.

Now, luckily, the retailer has provided us with the information that the existing preorders will be automatically updated to LHR-variants one by one once they arrive. The LHR-variants won't be sold to new customers until the preorders have been fulfilled. While a relief in itself, the frustrating part about this for people who preordered is that this Nvidia gimmick has actually delayed the deliveries and nobody seems to have a clue as to when exactly the LHR-variants start shipping.

I will also attach a table of estimated delivery times which is being sent to everyone who has preordered a 3080/3060 ti on a monthly basis. This table is an estimate of the retailer, which, in turn, is based upon the information they receive from their wholesalers. The table below is from day before yesterday.

gsuexq3o5yj5ggep5ni4qgjlsexd.jpg

In the table, Tilauspvm. is the date ordered, beginning from release day 17.9. Then, it goes on monthly (lokakuu is October, marraskuu is November and so forth). Below them are the estimated delivery times (vko meaning weeks and kk meaning months). In the table you can also get a rough idea whether someone who has ordered a card at a given date has received it or not (if preorders made on a given date are fulfilled, the space is blank). I should also mention that for about 6 months in a row now, the estimated delivery time for example the 3080 tuf none oc has been either 2-3 or 2-4 months, so not much has happened on that front. But they claim the information they receive from the wholesalers is actual so it is what it is. But at least as a customer, you get some clue as to whether or not particular cards are moving at all and what one can expect in the future.

Hopefully some of you will find the above information useful.

I hope we all will get our cards soon enough. In the meantime, stay strong and enjoy the summer!
thanks for that info! very informative and cheers for taking the time to put it here, very helpful,:p

Associate
I never received queue updates weekly when I was waiting on my card. Usually when they don’t emeail me it means no updates. I changed my card anyway to a gigabyte Rtx 3080 in March
if you dont mind me asking, what card did you swop from and are you happy with your gigabyte 3080? i have a gigabyte mobo, 5900x, and was initially looking at gigabyte gfx cards, but after seeing reviews on youtube regarding the asus tuf 3080 oc and its cool running i decided to go with it, but really a gigabyte was my first choice.:)

Associate
if you dont mind me asking, what card did you swop from and are you happy with your gigabyte 3080? i have a gigabyte mobo, 5900x, and was initially looking at gigabyte gfx cards, but after seeing reviews on youtube regarding the asus tuf 3080 oc and its cool running i decided to go with it, but really a gigabyte was my first choice.:)
It’s great looks nice and the gigabyte vision 3080 is one of the better cards. The card I wanted was a Asus Strix 3080 since I like ASUs a LOT. I have a asus strix monitor and keyboard but everyone goes for asus because they are the best imo. Also I originally swapped from a palit gaming pro 3080 to a Gigabyte vision 3080, which was more expensive but the looks of the card is better and has better performance and cooling. The Tuf is a great card, only thing I don’t like is there is no RGb but that card is great. I saw a 3080 tier list on YouTube where the Tuf was one of the better cards and it also rivalled my card too (Gigabyte Vision) so both great cards! I’m really enjoying it too, looks nice in my PC! How’s the TUF treating you?

Associate
I'm not even sure what to say at this point, as I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat. But having ordered on launch day, and expecting the card to now reach end of line; which means my order will be refunded after sitting on it for 12 months is ridiculous.

The management of orders over this whole process from OCUK has really put me off ordering from here in the future.

Associate
It’s great looks nice and the gigabyte vision 3080 is one of the better cards. The card I wanted was a Asus Strix 3080 since I like ASUs a LOT. I have a asus strix monitor and keyboard but everyone goes for asus because they are the best imo. Also I originally swapped from a palit gaming pro 3080 to a Gigabyte vision 3080, which was more expensive but the looks of the card is better and has better performance and cooling. The Tuf is a great card, only thing I don’t like is there is no RGb but that card is great. I saw a 3080 tier list on YouTube where the Tuf was one of the better cards and it also rivalled my card too (Gigabyte Vision) so both great cards! I’m really enjoying it too, looks nice in my PC! How’s the TUF treating you?
Hi love the asus card, it runs very cool and i have undervolted it a little as its plenty powerful and boosts very well, dont think ive seen it go over 65 degrees, i actually like minimal rgb, i have just got rid of a corsair h115i platinum aio was sick of all the wiring about eight different leads! have fitted a noctua nh-d15 which i love, two cables and no worries! about leaks, pump, failure, rgb, so just have rgb on the mobo now and the rgb on the gfx card. there is a section that lights up which i control from icue, along with corsair k65 keyboard. but that is it for rgb, ram is team group cas 14 3600 no rgb! did want that gigabyte card initially just to match the mobo- anyhow glad youre happy with yours we are extremely lucky to have any 3080 to be honest, waited nine months and was convinced that all preorders were going to be cancelled a few weeks ago, i was getting nearer and then when i was least expecting it, no updates or nothing for three weeks, then had the shipping email!!! made my day!:p

Associate
Hi love the asus card, it runs very cool and i have undervolted it a little as its plenty powerful and boosts very well, dont think ive seen it go over 65 degrees, i actually like minimal rgb, i have just got rid of a corsair h115i platinum aio was sick of all the wiring about eight different leads! have fitted a noctua nh-d15 which i love, two cables and no worries! about leaks, pump, failure, rgb, so just have rgb on the mobo now and the rgb on the gfx card. there is a section that lights up which i control from icue, along with corsair k65 keyboard. but that is it for rgb, ram is team group cas 14 3600 no rgb! did want that gigabyte card initially just to match the mobo- anyhow glad youre happy with yours we are extremely lucky to have any 3080 to be honest, waited nine months and was convinced that all preorders were going to be cancelled a few weeks ago, i was getting nearer and then when i was least expecting it, no updates or nothing for three weeks, then had the shipping email!!! made my day!:p
I only waited around 4 months for mine, ordered in November, received late March. I’m going to upgrade to 32GB RAM soon. Going to sell my old 16Gb kit and get a 32GB (16x2 kit) want to make the most out of my pc XD. I can only find C18 3600 Ram though, not sure how u managed to get c14 3600 RAM though.

Associate
I only waited around 4 months for mine, ordered in November, received late March. I’m going to upgrade to 32GB RAM soon. Going to sell my old 16Gb kit and get a 32GB (16x2 kit) want to make the most out of my pc XD. I can only find C18 3600 Ram though, not sure how u managed to get c14 3600 RAM though.
you can get them at ocuk i bought the team group ripped edition, no rgb in either kits 3600cas14 but they are expensive and do wonder just how much the tighter timings are making a difference! they also sell 32 gb kits 2x16gb 3600 cas 16 kits but they are nearly 300 quid however they are samsung b die and i must say they are much easier to overclock manually, ive had gskill and corsair and apart from the xmp profiles running ok they were not good at overclocking manually- just depends if you can afford to throw money at it, i cant but i do!:eek: i would recommend them without doubt you get what you pay for.

Associate
you can get them at ocuk i bought the team group ripped edition, no rgb in either kits 3600cas14 but they are expensive and do wonder just how much the tighter timings are making a difference! they also sell 32 gb kits 2x16gb 3600 cas 16 kits but they are nearly 300 quid however they are samsung b die and i must say they are much easier to overclock manually, ive had gskill and corsair and apart from the xmp profiles running ok they were not good at overclocking manually- just depends if you can afford to throw money at it, i cant but i do!:eek: i would recommend them without doubt you get what you pay for.
300 quid, no thanks lol. Found a kit online that I like- 32GB (16x2) RGB 3600Mhz, CL18 but it is 167 quid which is almost half the price, not sure whether it will affect performance but my current ram is CL17 so I guess it wouldn’t make a difference

Associate
Good to know things are moving. Seeing 3090s on Fleabay for around £1600 is too tempting but these cards are advertised "new", I still worry they are used for mining!

Associate
I have just received the shipping email for my Gigabyte Eagle!! I was 14th in the queue last update so there is definitely a fair bit of movement.
Thanks @Gibbo and @ScottiB for the run!

Nope you just hit the jackpot a webnote response as follows 'I'm afraid it seems there has been a mix up here and the unit we received today has been misallocated to a later order due to a system error. Please accept our apologies for this.' lol

Back
Top Bottom