• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Been looking at G Skill Trident Z one is CL18 3600 and the other is CL16 3600Mhz. Their about 30-38 quid cheaper the CL18 compared to CL16. Is it worth it getting the CL16, and also is the Neo version better than the regular version ?
Only if your gaming at 1080p and even then it's probably only going to be 1-2% difference.

Associate
Hey folks.

New here. Okay I've just received my day 1 purchase of a 3080 not from OCuk. I had to take an alternative card. But it's just arrived. No retail box. Literally just the card in its anti static bag and wrapped in bubble wrap. Surely this can't be correct? Would this mean it's a refurb card or ones they buy for the building pre builts?

I've waited 10 months for this and I am absolutely gutted right now but seething with rage that my £850 gets me no box, no warranty card, nothing.

Surely this cannot be right?

Soldato
Hey folks.

New here. Okay I've just received my day 1 purchase of a 3080 not from OCuk. I had to take an alternative card. But it's just arrived. No retail box. Literally just the card in its anti static bag and wrapped in bubble wrap. Surely this can't be correct? Would this mean it's a refurb card or ones they buy for the building pre builts?

I've waited 10 months for this and I am absolutely gutted right now but seething with rage that my £850 gets me no box, no warranty card, nothing.

Thats my guess, selling off some of the pre-build stock.

Soldato
Hey folks.

Are you OCUK's longest serving lurker? First post in 9years!! :eek:

I'd be getting in touch with the place you purchased, see whats what, and more importantly checking with both them and the AIB where you stand with warranty if its something like an OEM.

Associate
OCUK yet again no udpate... but you have really good customer service :cry: I mean we all know no ones moved?! But its nice to see how many people cancel. Can we get a year in the queue :D

Associate
Hey folks.

the seller has probably used it or mined it. get a refund

Associate
I got told the guy who does the emails is off at the moment, emails are to resume from 16th July. Hopefully you've moved :p

This one super guy with the power of running a simple script. Does this mean he's had 6 weeks off in the last 2 months? Suppose when you can't ship anything whats the point in working :cool:

Associate
the seller has probably used it or mined it. get a refund
Nah it was a big UK retailer. It seems they've sent me a card they use to make their pre builts. But they never told me that was what they were offering me as an alternative. If I knew it wasn't going to be s retail boxed card I wouldn't of gave up my position in the queue for the strix I was getting

Associate
I see there's actually 3080 cards in stock on other websites. I could even add it to my basket, prices are up on £1299 though. I wonder are there batches of cards coming through now? Fingers crossed there's no talk because they're busy dealing with incoming stock.

Associate
I noticed an impressive range of 3080s for sale on a competitor website for around ~ £1,200 ea today. Stock wasn't being eaten up that fast either.

I think this is quite significant when you consider the eBay scalp price for a 3080 is currently around £1,150 - £1,300. This will definitely force the scalpers to make their prices more competitive, especially if more retailers follow this trend.

Stay strong lads, if we don't buy these cards even for these lower prices from retailers we're only going to see more improvements as the days roll by.

I would also consider the time lag between shipping cards from China to the west as a big time bomb with scalp prices too. Those under MSRP cards are bound to end up in western markets eventually.

Associate
I see there's actually 3080 cards in stock on other websites. I could even add it to my basket, prices are up on £1299 though. I wonder are there batches of cards coming through now? Fingers crossed there's no talk because they're busy dealing with incoming stock.
Exactly what I saw about a couple of hours ago. Palit 3080s for £1,199.

Associate
been looking at some g skill trident z neo ram 3600mhz 32GB (16x2) one is cl16 and the other is cl18 with both same speeds at 3600mhz. i mostly just play games and stream a little with some light browsing or watching youtube, is it worth getting the cl16 over cl18? cl16 is 30 quid more expensive but i dont want to waste money on something that is not much better.
also here are the exact timings for the two
16-19-19-39
18-22-22-42

Soldato
The faster one. But perhaps the memory forum might know better ;)
Ryzen does like fast ram with tight timings, I've got the same cpu as yours and I've got 4x8Gb 3200 CL14 8-Pack Bdie. Runs great with no lags or stutters in games, if thats relevant.

Back
Top Bottom