• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
76 > 61
3080 TUF OC

I fear that as it gets closer and closer stock gonna dry up again :cry:

Yeah I'm the same, I am down to 13th place now from 27 when I was last updated, but the 3080's seem to have ground to a halt, the last time OCUK got any of our cards was 7th June, it's frustrating AF. I checked the other day and I ordered mine 10th October. Looking back to the heady days of November 2020 when they got 100 3080 Tuf OC in 1 go, we could do with a drop like that.

Associate
What are you using in the interim? I wouldn't have had the patience. More likely to nab one in a drop between then and now.
I'm also a day 1 Ventus order at aprox 80 minutes. Been using my MSI GTX 970 since the day I first got it, great card.

THJ

THJ

Associate
I'm also a day 1 Ventus order at aprox 80 minutes. Been using my MSI GTX 970 since the day I first got it, great card.

I'm in the same boat, 3080 Ventus ordered day 1 I think @ 16mins and I still dont have a card either. Currently using a 980ti been waiting for a good enough upgrade and thought the 3080 was it, shame they arent making them

Associate
Yeah I'm the same, I am down to 13th place now from 27 when I was last updated, but the 3080's seem to have ground to a halt, the last time OCUK got any of our cards was 7th June, it's frustrating AF. I checked the other day and I ordered mine 10th October. Looking back to the heady days of November 2020 when they got 100 3080 Tuf OC in 1 go, we could do with a drop like that.

We can only dream

Soldato

I've got the 970M in my 6 year old laptop and I'm really impressed with it. Glad it's still serving you well.

It's a huge surprise that there are day 1 orders unfulfilled. What were the prices like on day one if you don't mind me asking?

Associate
I had an account (different one) long ago on the forum but was mostly reading and the email associated with the account was shut down and eventually i lost the account

Anyway now created new one just to say how much i appreciate what OCUK folks are doing - and screw scalpers/speculators, USSR was right in handing them sentences.

I got my Gaming OC delivered today, it was a long way from over 200 - and now its already sitting in the case :) thank you for all the hard work and integrity and haribos

Stu

Stu

Soldato
40 series will most certainly tempt me. High-end cards always have. But 3090 wasn’t worth its MSRP, neither is 3080TI, and now nvidia knows people are willing to pay 3 grand for an air-cooled GPU, the chances of a 4080 FE coming out at a £650 MSRP like the 3080 FE did is so slim lol. It will be over £1000 without a shadow of a doubt, as last I heard, a 3080TI FE bought direct from Team Green themselves costs just under £1100.

This is a real concern IMHO... I think the 4000 series will be a return to 2000 series MSRP.

4000 was supposed to be this year, but they have put it back to early 2022, from what I read yesterday.

No chance it was ever 2021. Considering the 3000 series was launched Sept last year, the subsequent series would not be planned for the following year.

Associate
Just got myself some G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB CL16 for 215 quid for my 5800x:D the timings ive noticed are 16-19-19-39 and not 16-16-16-36. does that make a difference ?
OH you finally got some then nice! , ive just bought another 16gb team group ripped edition, £218 quid though! 14-15-15-36 so 32gb now, samsung b die and no rgb! just been chucking money at it lately no more for a while now, promise!

Associate
OH you finally got some then nice! , ive just bought another 16gb team group ripped edition, £218 quid though! 14-15-15-36 so 32gb now, samsung b die and no rgb! just been chucking money at it lately no more for a while now, promise!
yeah wasnt sure but yeah got these as they were ok price 32gb cl16, saw a cl14 kit but was over 300 quid so i was like nope. g skill trident z seem popular and they seem good as well. Going to sell my old patriot 16gb kit and hopefully get some money from that. for the g skill trident neo z i ordered it was a 16x2 kit and i think mine are SK.Hynix D-die according to people online! i have no idea what these are anyway lol

Edit- Just saw u said 218 quid WOW, now thats overpriced, i wouldnt pay over 100 quid for 16gb of 3600mhz ram!!

Associate
gskill trident rgb and neo are great mem kits I had a 32gb kit of 3200 cl16 trident rgb and they look and perform great, the only reason I bought the cas 14 kits is because they are Samsung b die and great for tweaking but if you are happy just setting xmp profiles that's good, but I like to experiment and the team group kits although expensive are very stable/ forgiving! when tweaking, good binning and fast but you certainly pay for it, have fun,:)

Associate
I've got the 970M in my 6 year old laptop and I'm really impressed with it. Glad it's still serving you well.

It's a huge surprise that there are day 1 orders unfulfilled. What were the prices like on day one if you don't mind me asking?
The 3080 Ventus when I ordered it was £650, a lot of cards were actually MSRP at launch with the higher end AIB cards being something like £749. The funny thing is that the main reason why I chose the Ventus over other cards like the TUF model was due to lack of RGB. Perhaps if I wasn't so picky I would have ended up with my card a lot sooner :cry:

Back
Top Bottom