• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
So you would have to pay in total £1330 for the 3080Ti & that is meant to be a discount? I was hoping we would at least get it for £1050 MSRP since the Ti is already overpriced. Still to get my email though.

Nvidia's MSRPs are fictional! Not achievable via AIB's cards.
Pretty much every AIB card costs US more than Nvidia's Founders Edition price.

Associate
Pretty much every AIB card costs US more than Nvidia's Founders Edition price.

Knew that for the competitive priced cards like 3080 but was hoping some of Nvideas price gouging with the Ti would be passed on so even if you didn't make a profit, it would get the notional loses of the pre-orders off your book :/

Sucky time for everyone but the scalpers!

Associate
I am 27 in the queue for the 3080 ASUS strixx
Let say I do want to take up the offer of a discounted 3070ti, does that price include the tax?

the card I paid for cost around about £730 on launch but jumped to £880 with tax

or should I just wait it out?
Get a 3070 Ti unless you need to extra performance from the 3080. What’s your monitor ?

Associate
Just got this email

The product GX-07P-IN on RMA RMAXXXX will be sent to you on a new order with order number XXXXXX.

This will be despatched as soon as possible, subject to stock availability.

Does this mean I’m gonna be getting a replacement RTX 3080 soon?

:D

Associate
Just got this email

The product GX-07P-IN on RMA RMAXXXX will be sent to you on a new order with order number XXXXXX.

This will be despatched as soon as possible, subject to stock availability.

Does this mean I’m gonna be getting a replacement RTX 3080 soon?

:D

Just checked the product number and it’s an Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill X4 which would make sense because I originally ordered an Inno3D card

Associate
The main reason I went for an EVGA 3080 was because it was one of the few models that met the width requirements for my NZXT H1. I suspect that the 3080ti will draw even more power so that’s a no-no is their an equivalent EVGA 3070ti or of the ones that are a possibility which meet the 2.5 slot restriction?

Anyone able to help this idiot? I relied on a spreadsheet from Reddit originally. :D

This is the exact reason I went for the Asus TUF card as it was one of the largest ones that would actually fit in the H1. Having a quick look at OCUKs offerings, the inno3d twin x3 have a 2 slot model that is slimmer then the TUF & EVGA cards so that would fit but I've got no idea how good it is in comparison. They have it in both 3070ti and 3080ti models.

Also, does anybody know if the 8gb on the 3070ti would be sufficient for 3440x1440 ultrawide?

Associate
We're working through back orders but for obvious reasons we're prioritising the longest/oldest queues. We're doing them in batches so as to not overwhelm out support staff.

Will there be a time period before the chance to upgrade is gone? Sadly my first fat pay day is friday next week :cry:

Associate
Just received my email about upgrading to a 3070 Ti / 3080 Ti

And I must say I'm confused to say the least.

"The above are considerably discounted over the regular online website price."

MSI 3080Ti Suprim X (GX-37G-MS) at £1589.99, Personally I wouldn't call £100 discount remotely considerable, especially considering the recent price plummet (I acknowledge this may not be the same for retailers.)

Palit 3080Ti GamingPro (GX-064-PL) at £1199.99 - Why on earth is this £400 cheaper than the MSI Suprim X??

Why are there no upgrades to non LHR 3080s? Other retailers have been getting these in??

Genuinely confused, and to be honest disappointed.

Associate
Why are there no upgrades to non LHR 3080s? Other retailers have been getting these in??
OCUK seem to be getting a little screwed over, in comparison to other retailers. I think that other sellers seem to be getting preferential treatment from Board Partners.

OcUK Staff

MSI 3080Ti Suprim X (GX-37G-MS) at £1589.99, Personally I wouldn't call £100 discount remotely considerable, especially considering the recent price plummet (I acknowledge this may not be the same for retailers.)

Palit 3080Ti GamingPro (GX-064-PL) at £1199.99 - Why on earth is this £400 cheaper than the MSI Suprim X??

3080 LHR's we have not got enough to make it feasible to offer upgrades, 5pc here and there and when we did get some volume customers orders were automatically upgraded and shipped out.

MSI Suprim X is a flagship card, whereas the Palit GamingPro is an entry level card, the price differences between cards cost wise is huge because one is a no frills regular model and the other is a top of the range OC model. The difference in cost to us exceeds £400

Permabanned

Sheesh £1589.99, I paid like £880 ish for my Strix 3080 OC and if I were to pick the Suprim X if offered it would be over £700 extra to pay

OcUK Staff
Sheesh £1589.99, I paid like £880 ish for my Strix 3080 OC and if I were to pick the Suprim X if offered it would be over £700 extra to pay

That card is £1700-£2000 typically elsewhere, our regular price is £1699 which puts OcUK as one of the cheapest and £1589 though it might be just £100 is offering the product at what it essentially cost us.

That is why we included the Palit option at £1199 because at that price makes it one of the cheapest 3080Ti available, other places are £1400-1600 for the Palit, only FE cards are available at MSRP's which we do not sell.

Permabanned
That card is £1700-£2000 typically elsewhere, our regular price is £1699 which puts OcUK as one of the cheapest and £1589 though it might be just £100 is offering the product at what it essentially cost us.

That is why we included the Palit option at £1199 because at that price makes it one of the cheapest 3080Ti available, only FE cards are available at MSRP's which we do not sell.
Oh ya I know, ive seen plenty of Suprim Xs on other retailers for crazy prices, it is just a lot to splash out again when already having the other card paid for, but it is at least and alternative

Associate

That is why we included the Palit option at £1199 because at that price makes it one of the cheapest 3080Ti available, other places are £1400-1600 for the Palit, only FE cards are available at MSRP's which we do not sell.
god you cant help some people! give em an inch they'll take a mile, do people really expect ocuk to lose even more money than they have already, upgrading everyone and honouring day one order prices! must have cost them thousands, plus the prices are lower to start with, god give me strength, people expecting miracles.:eek:

Permabanned
god you cant help some people! give em an inch they'll take a mile, do people really expect ocuk to lose even more money than they have already, upgrading everyone and honouring day one order prices! must have cost them thousands, plus the prices are lower to start with, god give me strength, people expecting miracles.:eek:
I was never giving out towards OCUK, just commenting on how crazy the price increase is from my original order.

Associate

Very true, but know I am excited that this new thing could lead to actually getting a card :cry: even if not exact one thought would end up with. Still be a good one

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Why on earth is this £400 cheaper than the MSI Suprim X??
ask MSI

Whilst I know it's not a great answer, the Suprim is (with the exception of the incredibly limited HOF cards) usually the most expensive cards to buy. On a personal note, as somebody who owns one, they are the best built cards on the market and put the plastic Strix cooler to shame. Are they worth the premium? well that's a debate which could rage for weeks so lets just say, it comes down to personal opinion.

Back
Top Bottom