• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Palit 3080Ti GamingPro (GX-064-PL) at £1199.99 - Why on earth is this £400 cheaper than the MSI Suprim X??
You have to wonder why the suprim is 400 more, do a few extra VRMs and a slightly better cooler cost £400?

Probably gives 4 more fps so £100 per 1 fps

Associate
Well, my watch is over...

Just decided to go ahead and switch from 3080 Eagle OC to the 3070TI Gaming OC. It cost me £40 over and above the £650 I paid on launch day. The team were really helpful and said that they had my (new) model in stock and would be dispatched later today or tomorrow.

Seeing as I'm upgrading from 1050TI, hopefully that will help cool the UK down and stop the insane temperatures round here... :p

I hope everyone manages to get their cards sometime soon! Many thanks to @Gibbo and @ScottiB for all their help.

Associate

Just decided to go ahead and switch from 3080 Eagle OC to the 3070TI Gaming OC. It cost me £40 over and above the £650 I paid on launch day. The team were really helpful and said that they had my (new) model in stock and would be dispatched later today or tomorrow.

Seeing as I'm upgrading from 1050TI, hopefully that will help cool the UK down and stop the insane temperatures round here... :p

I hope everyone manages to get their cards sometime soon! Many thanks to @Gibbo and @ScottiB for all their help.

Only £40 to go from a 3080 to 3070ti? I assume everyone's "upgrade" prices were different then? I paid £709 release day for my 3080 and the 3070ti upgrade is £800

Edit: havign just seen there is a Zotac for £690 which I assume is your upgrade option - my bad :D

Associate
Only £40 to go from a 3080 to 3070ti? I assume everyone's "upgrade" prices were different then? I paid £709 release day for my 3080 and the 3070ti upgrade is £800

Edit: havign just seen there is a Zotac for £690 which I assume is your upgrade option - my bad :D
There were a few 3070TI options. I went for the Gigabyte Gaming OC. Seeing as I paid £650 for my order on release day, I just had to pay the difference.
Gigabyte 3070Ti Gaming OC (GX-1DW-GI) at 689.99,
Gigabyte 3070Ti Master (GX-1DV-GI) at £799.99,
Zotac 3070Ti AMP HOLO (GX-12Q-ZT) at £689.99

Associate
ask MSI

Whilst I know it's not a great answer, the Suprim is (with the exception of the incredibly limited HOF cards) usually the most expensive cards to buy. On a personal note, as somebody who owns one, they are the best built cards on the market and put the plastic Strix cooler to shame. Are they worth the premium? well that's a debate which could rage for weeks so lets just say, it comes down to personal opinion.
Suprem is truelly a monster in size, I have a massive case & barely fit the 3070 I got into it. Does run quiet & cool but don't expect much overclocking in any 30 series as they all run near the limit already. It's mainly for the build quality & quiet operation you are paying the extra for these days.

Associate
There were a few 3070TI options. I went for the Gigabyte Gaming OC. Seeing as I paid £650 for my order on release day, I just had to pay the difference.
Gigabyte 3070Ti Gaming OC (GX-1DW-GI) at 689.99,
Gigabyte 3070Ti Master (GX-1DV-GI) at £799.99,
Zotac 3070Ti AMP HOLO (GX-12Q-ZT) at £689.99

Oh very interesting. So it seems they're offering us as like-for-like based on our original cards brand + the Zotac option. More interesting as i'd probably rather take the £40 cash back from my original order and have a Gigabyte 3070Ti Gaming OC than pay £90 extra for an Asus 3070Ti TUF OC but don't have that option

Permabanned
Suprem is truelly a monster in size, I have a massive case & barely fit the 3070 I got into it. Does run quiet & cool but don't expect much overclocking in any 30 series as they all run near the limit already. It's mainly for the build quality & quiet operation you are paying the extra for these days.
It would just about fit my case, if only I were sent an email offering it but I am fairly far back in the queue

Associate
:cry:
This is the exact reason I went for the Asus TUF card as it was one of the largest ones that would actually fit in the H1. Having a quick look at OCUKs offerings, the inno3d twin x3 have a 2 slot model that is slimmer then the TUF & EVGA cards so that would fit but I've got no idea how good it is in comparison. They have it in both 3070ti and 3080ti models.

Also, does anybody know if the 8gb on the 3070ti would be sufficient for 3440x1440 ultrawide?

That’s also the exact same resolution I’m running, who are you, me?!

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
truelly a monster in size, I have a massive case & barely fit the 3070 I got into it. Does run quiet & cool but don't expect much overclocking in any 30 series as they all run near the limit alread

It's not really "overclocking" it's boost, and due to the increased power delivery and improved cooling, these cards "boost" a lot further than most FEs without the need for high fan speeds/changing thermal pads etc. They are truly excellent cards but they charge a hefty premium for them.

Associate
You have to wonder why the suprim is 400 more, do a few extra VRMs and a slightly better cooler cost £400?

Exactly lol.

Ended up upgrading to the 3080 Ti Palit card, regardless of the MSI SUPRIM X the Palit is indeed a good price for the current market rate and I can't fault OCUK for that. Especially when you consider it's even cheaper than most 3080s on retail right now. It's just a shame other brands can't come down to a more reasonable level. But with that being said, I can now finally forget about graphics cards for the next few years and get the 3080 level performance I'm after, and that is a welcome relief.

Now I just need to find something to drink so I can get rid of that sour taste in my mouth that MSI has given me for the past 10 months.

Good luck lads.

Associate

Is that the overall cost for your card, I am debating on switching but I don’t know if they will charge additional for tax

Associate
It's not really "overclocking" it's boost, and due to the increased power delivery and improved cooling, these cards "boost" a lot further than most FEs without the need for high fan speeds/changing thermal pads etc. They are truly excellent cards but they charge a hefty premium for them.

In general though the boost will only increase fps by around 5% max & massively increase power draw. Obviously having extra fps while being quiet is great but they usually sell for the price of the next card up. In this example you could get a cheaper 3090 for the price of the 3080 Ti version. Mine did bin well though as was in the top 10% of 3070's without really trying according to 3DMark.

So really up to people what they value & how much spare cash they've saved during the pandemic!

Associate

I just got an MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X the other day and I have to say that the build quality is fantastic. You're paying extra for the cooling solution as well as premium VRMs etc, the Suprim X runs MUCH cooler than entry level 3080Ti's. Cyberpunk at 1440p Max raytraying, max settings my 3080Ti Suprim X runs an average of 62c and is silent

Soldato
I just got an MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X the other day and I have to say that the build quality is fantastic. You're paying extra for the cooling solution as well as premium VRMs etc, the Suprim X runs MUCH cooler than entry level 3080Ti's. Cyberpunk at 1440p Max raytraying, max settings my 3080Ti Suprim X runs an average of 62c and is silent
I still think an FE or @CamG palit model with a waterblock is going to get better results while costing less overall.

Also buildzoid had a look at the suprim 3090 version and wasn't overly impressed at the power delivery.

Associate
Is that the overall cost for your card, I am debating on switching but I don’t know if they will charge additional for tax
I paid via Amazon, so the Sales team guy had to refund my money and then I paid the 689.99. Either way, the prices shown are inclusive of UK sales tax. Any other costs might be import tax charged if you’re outside the UK.

Associate
I still think an FE or @CamG palit model with a waterblock is going to get better results while costing less overall.

Also buildzoid had a look at the suprim 3090 version and wasn't overly impressed at the power delivery.

I gave the very same advice to someone that already had a 3090FE a few pages back. However, I've been trying for a 3080(Ti)FE for what seems like forever and finally gave up. In my current rig I'd have to also waterblock my CPU if I went down that route which would also mean a new case so it all adds up very fast. Noctua NH-D15s are HUGE and there wouldn't be any space for a pump, rads and fans otherwise

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom