• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Well I tried, No budge on the cards I've been offered compared to others. No funds or intention to pay more for inferior downgrades either so guess im sitting this "Upgrade" out and continuing to ride the disappointment train until its eventual conclusion. XD

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Well I tried, No budge on the cards I've been offered compared to others. No funds or intention to pay more for inferior downgrades either so guess im sitting this "Upgrade" out and continuing to ride the disappointment train until its eventual conclusion. XD
The guys have been told that they can also offer those who have been contacted a Asus TUF 6800 XT OC @ £950 as a middle ground, we've got some more arriving today apparently.

Associate
The guys have been told that they can also offer those who have been contacted a Asus TUF 6800 XT OC @ £950 as a middle ground, we've got some more arriving today apparently.
Sadly budgets are tight right now. I was happy to potentially side step into a Gigabyte 3070ti at no extra cost, but didn't quite fancy or justify paying an extra £100 for the asus 3070ti, nor could I even afford to get in with the entry level Zotac 3080ti for the extra £500.

OcUK Staff
Sadly budgets are tight right now. I was happy to potentially side step into a Gigabyte 3070ti at no extra cost, but didn't quite fancy or justify paying an extra £100 for the asus 3070ti, nor could I even afford to get in with the entry level Zotac 3080ti for the extra £500.

Why not go with Gigabyte 3070Ti, think its about £30 extra, or if you go with the Zotac 3070Ti it might be even a no cost extra.

The 3080's are becoming EOL, so the eventual conclusion will be all the orders getting cancelled and refunded in the future. As such were trying to offer people alternatives and of course keep an eye for FE drops they are getting more frequent and not selling out instantly so bagging an FE card is now getting a little easier which are at MSRP.

Associate
I switched from the strixx 3080 to the 3070ti and now my order is on the way, thanks for all the help guys it has been a long 10 months, hope you all get what you need guys

thanks Gibbo and Scotty

Associate
Why not go with Gigabyte 3070Ti, think its about £30 extra, or if you go with the Zotac 3070Ti it might be even a no cost extra.

The 3080's are becoming EOL, so the eventual conclusion will be all the orders getting cancelled and refunded in the future. As such were trying to offer people alternatives and of course keep an eye for FE drops they are getting more frequent and not selling out instantly so bagging an FE card is now getting a little easier which are at MSRP.
That's my point - I wanted to, got told I couldn't as I was originally an Asus 3080 and as such can only be offered the Asus equivalents, they were saving Gigabyte models for gigabyte 3080 customers.

OcUK Staff
No, here's what happened:

- I got an email with cards that were offered to me and their prices, compared them to my initial purchase and wrote down what I would owe.
- I then sent a web note requesting the card I wanted.
- I received a reply to my web note which asked for permission to charge me the difference between my original order and my new one. This amount in the reply was different to what I expected.
- I replied to this, asking for the rep to just double-check and to make sure I was reading it right.
- I received a reply which clarified that the price was adjusted after the initial email was sent and the cheaper quote in response to my webnote was the updated, accurate one.
- I replied to this saying I was happy to be charged the amount and have my order transferred to the 3080Ti in question.

Haven't received a response since but I sent that at nearly half past 5 and my order was updated.

Be patient, the warehouse are prioritising GPU orders but we have had several hundred people update their orders over last couple of days with us.

It may not be a perfect situation but we are doing what we can to assist and get the orders out. :)

Associate
Be patient, the warehouse are prioritising GPU orders but we have had several hundred people update their orders over last couple of days with us.

It may not be a perfect situation but we are doing what we can to assist and get the orders out. :)

My webnote rep got back to me (at half past 7 in the morning, no less!) with an update, and after some clearing-up with the sales team (thanks Brexit!) the order went through. Bless your webnote team.

Now to obsessively check my bank until the OCUK payment goes from 'pending transactions' to 'recent transactions' and then to constantly brick myself until the card actually arrives, and then brick myself some more until I'm certain it's fully functional and I haven't been so unlucky as to be sent a dud :cry:

OcUK Staff
My webnote rep got back to me (at half past 7 in the morning, no less!) with an update, and after some clearing-up with the sales team (thanks Brexit!) the order went through. Bless your webnote team.

Now to obsessively check my bank until the OCUK payment goes from 'pending transactions' to 'recent transactions' and then to constantly brick myself until the card actually arrives, and then brick myself some more until I'm certain it's fully functional and I haven't been so unlucky as to be sent a dud :cry:

Yep the entire team have been working hard putting in extra hours to keep on top of things. :)

Associate
@Gibbo

To your previous comment about opting for a Gigabyte 3070ti, is this actually an option given I originally had an Asus 3080 ordered? or am I stuck with purely Asus upgrade options as originally quoted? Thanks for taking the time to reply during all this

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo

To your previous comment about opting for a Gigabyte 3070ti, is this actually an option given I originally had an Asus 3080 ordered? or am I stuck with purely Asus upgrade options as originally quoted? Thanks for taking the time to reply during all this

If you want a Gigabyte and we have some left, then that shall be fine, drop sales a webnote and they should be able to sort it for you. :)

Associate
Hi there

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Those of you who have had 3080 back orders since last year, please be checking your email including junk folders over the next few days as we shall be emailing you with alternative cost upgrade options to 3070Ti and 3080Ti at reduced prices compared to the website.

Availability is limited so we shall be offering to those first in the queue.
for the reduced prices, are they separate prices to my current order? like if i purchase a different card can i then refund/ cancel my order on my 3080 and get the money back? or when i change to the different card, do i get the difference back?

Last edited:
Associate
Depends how much value you place on the 144Hz. If you just want your well-optimised reflex esports games (CSGO, Overwatch, Siege, League, whatever) to hit 1440 144fps then it'll manage it cleanly, but if you're looking at modern high-end, triple A tentpole releases or demanding games (your Rise of the Tomb Raiders, your Controls, your Assassin's Creeds, your Death Strandings, your Jedi Fallen Orders) then a non-Ti 3080 will regularly slip below 120fps. Remember, a 3070 Ti is weaker than a 3080. EDIT: these benchmarks are at max settings of course so YMMV. RTX will mostly keep you down below 100.

Yes I reckon I’m in the latter camp as I play the games you list as demanding at 1440p@144. The kicker is that I also use Valve Index quite a bit, which benefits from all the power you can throw at it. So I guess I’ll be springing for a 3080 Ti. My 1080 Ti has had a good run and I think I’ll hold onto it as a backup.

Back
Top Bottom