• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Staff
for the reduced prices, are they separate prices to my current order? like if i purchase a different card can i then refund/ cancel my order on my 3080 and get the money back? or when i change to the different card, do i get the difference back?

The discounted prices are only available to those who have back orders and only the sales team can amend orders to them, the discounted prices are not available online.

Associate
I just use DLSS if my games can’t reach 144 on 4K. I tested Fortnite for example at 4K with all settings maxed out I was able to get in the 90’s for FPS, but when I turned DLSS on I was able to get 165FPS, and was also able to get a consistent 144FPS throughout the game and the frames never dropped. So I think a 3070 or 3070 Ti is fine for 1440p 144hz, but get a 3070 Ti for best performance
yeah and the thing is you can probably target 144 fps with optimized settings, there's no point in having shadows on Ultra or motion blur on like in many of those benchmarks.

Associate
Just received the email stating that I can change my card.

it doesn't mention on the email whether you actually have stock of the cards you listed for me further down in the email. Do you?

I've waited 10 months and gone down the queue from 150 to 45 in that time only to be told I would be better off getting another card?
do you have any of the cards you listed in the email actually in stock and ready to be shipped or will I just be placed in another queue for another 10 months?

Permabanned

it doesn't mention on the email whether you actually have stock of the cards you listed for me further down in the email. Do you?

I've waited 10 months and gone down the queue from 150 to 45 in that time only to be told I would be better off getting another card?
do you have any of the cards you listed in the email actually in stock and ready to be shipped or will I just be placed in another queue for another 10 months?
Just wondering when did you order your card?

Associate
People being offered alternatives... Is this done on queue number or order date and time? I ordered an eagle an hour after launch... literally the time it took to get through to checkout. Will feel a bit rubbish if people who are technically in a shorter queue but ordered much later than I did to get offered a swap.

OcUK Staff

Yes all cards in stock at time of sending email.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo @ScottiB Do you guys take calls on Saturdays or should I wait until Monday to change my order?

If you wish to call then I think Monday, best bet is to send a webnote which the guys can action, just give your order number, the card you want to change to and your happy to pay the difference, they should then be able to sort it for you. :)

Associate
If you wish to call then I think Monday, best bet is to send a webnote which the guys can action, just give your order number, the card you want to change to and your happy to pay the difference, they should then be able to sort it for you. :)
Thank you, will do just that

Associate
3080 LHR's we have not got enough to make it feasible to offer upgrades, 5pc here and there and when we did get some volume customers orders were automatically upgraded and shipped out.

MSI Suprim X is a flagship card, whereas the Palit GamingPro is an entry level card, the price differences between cards cost wise is huge because one is a no frills regular model and the other is a top of the range OC model. The difference in cost to us exceeds £400
Just had a look at the email. Whilst I’m appreciative that OCUK are providing options, it isn’t really feasible for me.

I’m in the queue for the 3080 Eagle OC and paid £650 for mine on release day. My options are:

1. I can pay £40 extra for a 3070TI instead, with invariably worse overall performance by comparison.
  2. Pay another £730 for a card with marginally improved specs.
  3. Hold out and hope that supply gets better.
Ultimately, I know that this isn’t the fault of OCUK and relates to the inability of Nvidia and Gigabyte to get stock to customers at reasonable prices. However, despite OCUK doing what they can, I’m probably going to stick with option 3. I neither want worse performance or to fork out more than double what I originally paid for my card.

i was concerned with the words "upgrade from a 3080 to 3070ti" and you have to pay for the privilege, or double for a 80ti and some customers have had foc upgrades in the passed....wow! i paid £760 back in october for a tuf oc, and it seems the incoming stock updates have massively decreased the passed few months although earth is open for business now, i keep hearing theirs no chips!....Samsung bought them all...or the bitcoin miners got all the cards.

Associate
My webnote rep got back to me (at half past 7 in the morning, no less!) with an update, and after some clearing-up with the sales team (thanks Brexit!) the order went through. Bless your webnote team.

Now to obsessively check my bank until the OCUK payment goes from 'pending transactions' to 'recent transactions' and then to constantly brick myself until the card actually arrives, and then brick myself some more until I'm certain it's fully functional and I haven't been so unlucky as to be sent a dud :cry:
I was mostly worried about someone nicking the package, had a postman "lose" a pair of broken headphones once.

Associate
I have a GPU now yet I feel empty inside when I don't have 20 discord links to check or visit this forum at least 10 times a day. It's hard to break an addiction, I really should spend more time doing other things instead, like using my GPU that I paid waaaaay over the odds for !

Associate
BBjhQ9w.jpg
I took OCUK up on the offer of the 3070TI and it got shipped out last thing on Thursday. Being in Northern Ireland, I didn’t expect it to arrive until Monday. But I finally have it in my hands!

My dog, Whiskey, is very warm from me running my 1050TI (hence the lips caught on the teeth) and thanks OCUK for their hard work in getting this to me so quickly!

Associate
Got a shipping email this morning.

Is uh...is this what Survivor's Guilt feels like?

Sure, I'm happy I'm getting a card but I'm honestly still just a bit bowled over thinking of all the people behind me in queue who aren't getting one because the first run of 3080s are marked EOL thanks to miners resulting in the LHR line.

I have a GPU now yet I feel empty inside when I don't have 20 discord links to check or visit this forum at least 10 times a day. It's hard to break an addiction, I really should spend more time doing other things instead, like using my GPU that I paid waaaaay over the odds for !

If it's any consolation the first thing I'll be doing with my 3080Ti for an entire week is the exact same thing I've been doing with my 1660 for the last fortnight: zealously testing H264 and H265 encoding to nebulous gains.

Associate
BBjhQ9w.jpg
I took OCUK up on the offer of the 3070TI and it got shipped out last thing on Thursday. Being in Northern Ireland, I didn’t expect it to arrive until Monday. But I finally have it in my hands!

My dog, Whiskey, is very warm from me running my 1050TI (hence the lips caught on the teeth) and thanks OCUK for their hard work in getting this to me so quickly!
Congrats, what was your position in the que?

Back
Top Bottom