• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I will happily switch to a 3070ti at this point. My biggest problem remains clearances in my NZXT H1. For anyone else that has one and is considering switching you might find this spreadsheet helpful.

In short, there's only two cards OCUK currently list that fit in the H1. The first is the Asus TUF as their 3080 fits if you remove the dust filter, although from other details I've seen the 3070ti is 1.8mm thicker for some reason.

The other is the Inno3D Twin X3, but their specs sheets says it's a three slot card, but on the other part of the product page is says it's a two slot. It does look like 2 slots (can anyone confirm). But that card isn't currently in stock and wasn't offered as an option in my email.

@Gibbo is the Inno card a possibility or just nothing shipping from them? If I switch to the TUF and it doesn't fit can I send it back and go back in the queue?

Associate
I will happily switch to a 3070ti at this point. My biggest problem remains clearances in my NZXT H1. For anyone else that has one and is considering switching you might find this spreadsheet helpful.

In short, there's only two cards OCUK currently list that fit in the H1. The first is the Asus TUF as their 3080 fits if you remove the dust filter, although from other details I've seen the 3070ti is 1.8mm thicker for some reason.

The other is the Inno3D Twin X3, but their specs sheets says it's a three slot card, but on the other part of the product page is says it's a two slot. It does look like 2 slots (can anyone confirm). But that card isn't currently in stock and wasn't offered as an option in my email.

@Gibbo is the Inno card a possibility or just nothing shipping from them? If I switch to the TUF and it doesn't fit can I send it back and go back in the queue?
I think the only 2 fan from inno3D is the 2X, can’t remember full name

Associate
I cancelled my order literally 1 day before the offer emails started to go out - typical. I ended up jumping ship just before that to a competitor and picking up a 3080 (non LHR) card for (just) less than 1k. I doubt I would have got the offer email any time soon from OC as I was at queue position >800 so it was probably a good move. Although I would have loved to have stuck it out longer, it probably saved me some cash ironically as I would have gone for a 3080Ti rather than the 3070Ti or lower.

Good luck to all you guys in getting a card and watch the games you play. No Amazon MMORPG for me till thats resolved!
Finally, many thanks to @Gibbo and @ScottiB for your efforts and patience (most of the time:D). I'll have to keep an eye on this thread - like someone else here said, it's hard to break an addiction;)

Associate
Well it appears my vigil here is over ladies and gents. Had one of the email offers and switched from the Palit 3080 to a Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070ti, to those who didnt get one in the Palit queue I hope at least you'll be somewhat relieved to hear that you've gone up a place there, and I'm sure if not you'll get an offer soon.

Also please remember this all happening isn't the fault of Overclockers, yes in hindsight maybe things could've been handled better but again, in hindsight no one could have predicted that the stock coming into the country would have been on THIS level of bad and the mad influx of scalpers. I am just thankful that they are doing all they can to see us to the light at the end of the tunnel at this point.

I know you're thinking its easy for me to say now I've got my way out but trust me I've been just as frustrated in my now close to a year long wait.

I just wish you all the best of luck that you get your products soon, and to the Overclockers team, thank you for sticking through it, and doing what you can to help us regardless of the massive hit in money you've taken giving those of us in the queues discounts on these other cards.

Good luck everyone, and stay safe!

Associate
I have a GPU now yet I feel empty inside when I don't have 20 discord links to check or visit this forum at least 10 times a day. It's hard to break an addiction, I really should spend more time doing other things instead, like using my GPU that I paid waaaaay over the odds for !
I check in daily to see what the people are complaining about this time, it's been part of my daily routine for 9 months I can't stop now :D

Associate
Thanks, just noticed did u upgrade your RAM to 4000mhz? I was going to get 4000Mhz but Heard Ryzen 5000 couldn’t handle that high speeds
Hi Strix, no not upgraded ram but its team group 8pack ripped edition (binned) cas 14 3600 samsung b die and it is very good for overclocking, but mega expensive, i do question my sanity when buying stuff like this but hey you only live once! gone back to 14-14-14-35 and 3600mhz to improve mem latency! but but was just testing at the time to see if it was possible!:p

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Not everyone has had an email yet due to amount of back orders.

we are emailing batches across the various brands to try and keep it as fair as possible.

All remaining Palit and EVGA back orders should have had an email by now so if not check your spam folder and if still no email then please drop a webnote and sales will sort you out if your waiting on an EVGA or Palit card.

More ASUS and Gigabyte back orders will be emailed later next week as due to volume of back orders we can’t email everyone at once as we only have several hundred cards on stock and would need around 3000 to cover all remaining back orders though I do think that number is now under 2500 as since sending out emails lots of people have changed their orders or requested a refund.

Associate
Hi Strix,lovely system! ram looks right at home! why did you order from america? was it cost, cause you can get them here, just wondered. anyhow, thanks for showing.
Couldn’t find the CL16 one in the UK, either CL18 or the g skill trident z non neo version which was CL17, they were all the same price really so I ordered the CL16 kit as it was available in America!

Back
Top Bottom