• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I’d be very annoyed (to put it mildly) if the cancelled any orders without offering something. Especially as there are 3090 and 3070 cards for sale here.

Associate
Sorry, what is the latest status of Pre-orders, I'm 142 on an Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF. Are people being offered comparable cards?
Hi there

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Those of you who have had 3080 back orders since last year, please be checking your email including junk folders over the next few days as we shall be emailing you with alternative cost upgrade options to 3070Ti and 3080Ti at reduced prices compared to the website.

Availability is limited so we shall be offering to those first in the queue.

Associate
I’d be very annoyed (to put it mildly) if the cancelled any orders without offering something. Especially as there are 3090 and 3070 cards for sale here.

They have to balance the books by selling GPUs at "regular" prices to offset the free upgrades and the reduced price downgrades and upgrades. It does seem logical.....

Associate
Dropped a whole 31 positions from my last TUF 3080 update, down to 28 now. Biggest change in positions since the beginning of the year essentially, so it's nice to see I guess. Probably those people getting upgraded as well as cancellations. Hoping to get an upgrade email myself! :D

Associate
They have to balance the books by selling GPUs at "regular" prices to offset the free upgrades and the reduced price downgrades and upgrades. It does seem logical.....

They can balance the books over other products.
They need to ensure their solution to back orders is fair. Offering some customers alternatives or upgrades etc and if they just cancelled others, especially after a year would not be fair.

Associate
They can balance the books over other products.
They need to ensure their solution to back orders is fair. Offering some customers alternatives or upgrades etc and if they just cancelled others, especially after a year would not be fair.
I believe they're trying to be fair. They've stockpiled 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti cards as downgrade or upgrade options and working their way through the various queues.

I suppose it depends which queue your in and your position. If it's towards the rear of big queue then an FE might be a better option. Since the limitations were put in place, a lot of posters on here have managed to purchase one.

Permabanned
I believe they're trying to be fair. They've stockpiled 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti cards as downgrade or upgrade options and working their way through the various queues.

I suppose it depends which queue your in and your position. If it's towards the rear of big queue then an FE might be a better option. Since the limitations were put in place, a lot of posters on here have managed to purchase one.
The problem with the upgrade situation is that anyone can actually just go and message the webnote and ask for an upgrade or downgrade, so it seems waiting for an email is pointless, thats what my mate did as he had just given up and took the 3080Ti

Associate
Sadly so, I feel like overclockers should have just cancelled everyone ages ago but ah well, Im only sticking it out for now since they are my only choice. Also can't imagine how much interest has been made up with the amount of money from all the preorders :eek:
this is unreal looks like i dodged a bullet from here then, although didn't get my card till 28th Dec,

Associate
The problem with the upgrade situation is that anyone can actually just go and message the webnote and ask for an upgrade or downgrade, so it seems waiting for an email is pointless, thats what my mate did as he had just given up and took the 3080Ti
Isn't that different pricing though? The emailed pricing offers are discounted compared to the shop retail prices.

Associate
Sadly so, I feel like overclockers should have just cancelled everyone ages ago but ah well, Im only sticking it out for now since they are my only choice. Also can't imagine how much interest has been made up with the amount of money from all the preorders :eek:
Given the interest rates on business accounts (zero generally) they would make nothing. If the money went into a business savings account, probably a pittance. Certainly nowhere near the amount it cost them to buy cards for the free upgrades they did.

Back
Top Bottom