• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
GTX 980 launched late 2014
GTX 980 Ti launched mid 2015

GTX 1080 launched late 2016
GTX 1080Ti launched mid 2017

RTX 2080 launched late 2018
RTX 2080 SUPER launched mid 2019

RTX 3080 launched late 2020
RTX 3080Ti launched mid 2021

See the trend? still think something new is coming "in a few months"? Unless YOUR definition of "a few" is anything in the teens. Nvidia have a history of sticking to a schedule, I don't see any reason for them to change now. They might be a bit weird and do a "super" launch but I, personally, don't see the point. Either way I definitely don't expect an RTX 4000 series launch until around my 44th birthday, in October 2022.
Right yeah so by their schedule the 4000 will be out in 2022, which is a few months away, depending on what your definition of a few months is, it's a definite maybe, that they will be out by this time next year. Happy birthday anyway, ooh what I'd give to be 42/43 again.

Associate
They still cannot keep up with demand on even 1030 and 1050ti let alone higher end product, new product is last thing needed, a serious production ramp is still needed on current generation or the demand needs to drop from these still insane levels to let the market try and catch up. Unlikely to happen now as peak season is about to kick in.......
They've actually made more 3000 series cards than any other previous card, pretty sure it's like double the amount of 2000 series or some such.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Right yeah so by their schedule the 4000 will be out in 2022, which is a few months away, depending on what your definition of a few months is, it's a definite maybe, that they will be out by this time next year. Happy birthday anyway, ooh what I'd give to be 42/43 again.
You miss the "late" in bold over and over again?
I made a point of it...:p
I'm not 43 yet... I'd be mortified if my 44th was a "few months" away :cry:

Associate
OK i hope i have put in the right place in customer support>order queries, but i have expressed an interest in this possible deal "3080Ti KFA2 HOF cards (white) and am hoping we can do a special upgrade price on them of around £1250 to those in the queues with 3080's"

Associate
My 3080Ti shld be here tomoz - should have been today, but DPD accidentally misrouted my parcel to Liverpool! More delay drama!

I can finally purchase and install MS Flight Sim 2020, at least that has had a year of bug fixes and patches!

Battlefield 2042 is looking like it might be a good laugh too

Associate
People are forgetting that the 3080ti was allegedly supposed to come out in January, look how far back it got pushed. the 40-series isn't even close to materialising (not even in paper form) imo.

Caporegime
People are forgetting that the 3080ti was allegedly supposed to come out in January, look how far back it got pushed. the 40-series isn't even close to materialising (not even in paper form) imo.

The Ti is usually always out 8/9 months or so after the normal cards are released (except the 2080Ti, but only because the 2080 was so weak). Don't believe the usual internet clickbait bull****.

Permabanned
Decided to bite the bullet on a 3080Ti FTW3, now just gotta wait for the refund to come through and pay for it. Sadly wasn’t able to get a Strix OC since there was none in stock but I’d rather just get out with a good 3080Ti rn than wait even longer.

Associate
Lots of alerts on telegram today and looks like I have grabbed myself a 3080 Fe now. Paid for sat delivery so maybe tomorrow

Ordered Asus 3080 non OC on the 19sept last year and at 266 position last email

Was slowly convincing myself to bite on an ocuk 3080 ti but did not want to really. Getting 90% perf for less than half the price is a win. 650w all be it platinum PSU I'll be happier on the std card.

Have 4k 120hz freesync screen so looking forward to the jump from 1080ti I have had 3.5 years.

Fingers crossed

Dan

Associate
Lots of alerts on telegram today and looks like I have grabbed myself a 3080 Fe now. Paid for sat delivery so maybe tomorrow

Ordered Asus 3080 non OC on the 19sept last year and at 266 position last email

Was slowly convincing myself to bite on an ocuk 3080 ti but did not want to really. Getting 90% perf for less than half the price is a win. 650w all be it platinum PSU I'll be happier on the std card.

Have 4k 120hz freesync screen so looking forward to the jump from 1080ti I have had 3.5 years.

Fingers crossed

Dan

what telegram group are you on? and what did you pay?

Soldato
what telegram group are you on? and what did you pay?

Install telegram app, its avaliable for windows/Andriod / IOS

Google search FE part alert Telegram will be the first one and join the group

recommend you set all on mobile unless you are on the computer all day, set unique ringtone for that alert so you know its that and pre log in to the retailers around 9am so you are ready to go

Nvidia drops are MSRP

Associate
Finally pulled the plug on an 3080ti FTW3, by chance I saw they were in stock at overclockers but also being sold by another vendor. Got OC to price match and now I wait till Monday!

Associate
Hope you all feel lucky
I ordered a asus rog 3080 on day one £850
My upgrade option was a asus rog 3070 none oc £1050
i was happy at the time but seeing that people are getting a 3070 ti for same price as they paid for there 3080s wtf
Feeling Ripped off now :(

Associate
And to top it off because i paid through amazon pay
I had to pay in full for 3070 and then wait for refund of my 3080 that i paid in full over 8 months ago
fantastic card for 1440p though
still can not break the habit of logging on to here though ! i now need help lol

Associate
ok, i am near the climax of this thing now. anyone above 45 on the list for a ASUS strix 3080 OC is not one step closer to the top of the queue. i have a KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 Ti HOF coming on Monday now. that is unless something unexpected happens such a meteorite hitting the delivery van, Ebola outbreak in Yorkshire, getting the card out of the box to find it cunningly crafted out of paper mache. I won't fully believe it till its in my computer running bench marks, and playing RDR2 on full graphics at 100FPS. big thank you to the customer services sales team and the staff on this forum, also thank you to the people that have been supporting each other on here I hope you all get something close to your wishes.

Associate
ok, i am near the climax of this thing now. anyone above 45 on the list for a ASUS strix 3080 OC is not one step closer to the top of the queue. i have a KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 Ti HOF coming on Monday now. that is unless something unexpected happens such a meteorite hitting the delivery van, Ebola outbreak in Yorkshire, getting the card out of the box to find it cunningly crafted out of paper mache. I won't fully believe it till its in my computer running bench marks, and playing RDR2 on full graphics at 100FPS. big thank you to the customer services sales team and the staff on this forum, also thank you to the people that have been supporting each other on here I hope you all get something close to your wishes.

Thank you for the giggle you gave me. Enjoy your new card

Associate
My 3080Ti shld be here tomoz - should have been today, but DPD accidentally misrouted my parcel to Liverpool! More delay drama!

I can finally purchase and install MS Flight Sim 2020, at least that has had a year of bug fixes and patches!

Hehe you haven't been reading about the latest MSFS update - Sim Update 5. :cry:

Associate
Hope you all feel lucky
I ordered a asus rog 3080 on day one £850
My upgrade option was a asus rog 3070 none oc £1050
i was happy at the time but seeing that people are getting a 3070 ti for same price as they paid for there 3080s wtf
Feeling Ripped off now :(

Ripped off probably isn't the right word. All my life when you buy hardware you had to live with the reality that in a few months or even weeks you'd be able to buy something better for less. The last 18 months have been like a property bubble for GPUs where you can rapidly end up with a devalued card. Lads are ripping out clapped out 980 GTX cards and selling them second hand for hundreds. It's all a bit mad.

The irony that I ultimately paid the MSRP of a 3090 for a 3080Ti is not lost to me. I had that option a year ago and didn't take it because I felt that was mad money. Yet here I am today.

Back
Top Bottom