• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Staff
Wow... received shipping notice yesterday for my MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC 10GB, I believe it is a LHR version (no extra charge) but cant confirm this as it hasn't been delivered yet.
Now the bad news... when I track the package on the DPD site I get this:

"There is currently a 1 day delay in your area due to an unexpected issue*" Aaggghhhh.... the tension.

Also, surprised not to see any mention of incoming 3080 Ventus on the Nvidia RTX 30XX series update thread.

Yes MSI shipped us a batch under the regular stock cold, when they arrived the issue was spotted but as the Ventus 3X queue is one of the biggest let downs and hardly anyone got any upgrades in that queue those 10 have gone through. Unfortunately it is probably the last 10.

Im still waiting on a tracking no : paid the extra on monday for the ichill x4 guy told me would be shipped that day and would expect delivery yesterday . One very excited teenager was waiting all day and … nothing received new order notice but no tracking number as yet fingers crossed for today i really hate seeing my son so dissapointed been going on way too long now . Will update as soon as i hear .

Associate
Wow... received shipping notice yesterday for my MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC 10GB, I believe it is a LHR version (no extra charge) but cant confirm this as it hasn't been delivered yet.
Now the bad news... when I track the package on the DPD site I get this:

"There is currently a 1 day delay in your area due to an unexpected issue*" Aaggghhhh.... the tension.

Also, surprised not to see any mention of incoming 3080 Ventus on the Nvidia RTX 30XX series update thread.

DPD updated their plans and the card has just been delivered, I can now confirm it is indeed a LHR version.
Funny, it seems like an anti-climax now its finally turned up.

Wishing you folks on here the very best of luck in getting your cards, hopefully your patience will be rewarded.

Bill out.

Permabanned
Im still waiting on a tracking no : paid the extra on monday for the ichill x4 guy told me would be shipped that day and would expect delivery yesterday . One very excited teenager was waiting all day and … nothing received new order notice but no tracking number as yet fingers crossed for today i really hate seeing my son so dissapointed been going on way too long now . Will update as soon as i hear .
I can feel your sons pain, Im in the same boat, I was hopingly checking the tracking number all day at work but no dice, fingers crossed for tomorrow. Gonna be a right pain when I get the text saying its delivered and Im stuck in work for x more hours

Associate
DPD updated their plans and the card has just been delivered, I can now confirm it is indeed a LHR version.
Funny, it seems like an anti-climax now its finally turned up.

Wishing you folks on here the very best of luck in getting your cards, hopefully your patience will be rewarded.

Bill out.
Doubt you're gonna rid of the habit of checking this thread, it's been months since I got my card and I'm still checking almost daily :D

THJ

THJ

Associate
Received my LHR MSI Ventus yesterday, so very glad I didn't take up the offer of a double price upgrade or more expensive downgrade!!

A very souring experience

Whats the story with the game codes that were part of our order?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Is it still on the way?:eek: have you webbed Ocuk? or DHL?
To my knowledge it’s still on its way. If it doesn’t come tomorrow I’ll contact DHL. It’s surprising as it’s the first time DHL Express has given me issues. I remember getting my iPhone repaired from Apple and it went all the way to the Czech Republic and then when it was done it came back to me in literally like 24 hours or less.

Associate
To my knowledge it’s still on its way. If it doesn’t come tomorrow I’ll contact DHL. It’s surprising as it’s the first time DHL Express has given me issues. I remember getting my iPhone repaired from Apple and it went all the way to the Czech Republic and then when it was done it came back to me in literally like 24 hours or less.
very worrying doesn't sound right! not hearing anything from DHL or Ocuk I would try and investigate further? if you can, good luck and really hope you get it soon, been watching the forum for a while and seen your woes! :p

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Whats the story with the game codes that were part of our order?

“Alexa, define optimism”.
HAHA indeed.

@THJ They were an Nvidia promotion which expired many moons ago and Nvidia can't/won't offer any replacement. We tried arguing the toss with them but, put simply, there are longwinded contracts involved and they say that they are unable to do anything.

Associate
Hi all.

I'm currently 300+ in the queue for the ASUS TUF non OC

I've been debating lately whether i should cancel and just get the 6800XT for a little more money instead. I'm still undecided but wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks

Associate
Hi all.

I've been debating lately whether i should cancel and just get the 6800XT for a little more money instead. I'm still undecided but wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks[/QUOTE delete

Hi all.

Thanks
I would go for the the 6800xt, i think its a great card on par with any 3080, i really should have gone for the 6800xt as my system is all Ryzen, but at the time there was no 6800xt! so i have a asus tuf 3080oc which i am over the moon with, so not complaining! but ideally/aesthetically i would have chosen the amd card.:p go for it you wont be disappointed! not seen any complaints?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I would go for the the 6800xt, i think its a great card on par with any 3080, i really should have gone for the 6800xt as my system is all Ryzen, but at the time there was no 6800xt! so i have a asus tuf 3080oc which i am over the moon with, so not complaining! but ideally/aesthetically i would have chosen the amd card.:p go for it you wont be disappointed! not seen any complaints?:)

You're honestly correct I should stop overthinking and just do it haha, ive certainly waited long enough.

Associate
Hi all.

Thanks

Stay in the queue, only another 14 months to go and you will be first in line for the ASUS TUF non OC 4080

Associate
Guess the free upgrade days are over, was surprised to see none eagle Gigabyte 3080 cards in stock :( . so they can be bought just not at a price you would let people who have waited a year have one!

Only bitter been <10 in the queue for an eternity and watched others get upgraded only for it to stop as I got into touching distance!

Back
Top Bottom