• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Refunding isn’t an option, when I chose ocuk for my pre order I trusted that they would be able to fulfil my order out of all the retailers I could have chosen. And now we are 10 months later and I’m still stuck with out a graphics card for my new rig and 860 quid out of pocket. There’s a reason we are still waiting in the queue. I think it’s a next level cop out if I have to wait this long and ultimately don’t walk away a happy customer. Ocuk shouldn’t have taken this many pre orders if they had no ability to fulfil them. I would have preferred honestly and the chance at the time to try and find stock that was in stock or a retailer that could clear its pre order queues.

What if the AIB makes the product End of Line? Your original order will not be available , ever. Then what?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@Eagle6
We were honest! And we've continued to be at every stage.
We sent everyone an email within a couple of days of the launch explaining the situation as it was, as we were led to believe and offered everyone an easy way to cancel their order.

As I explained on the previous page. For the first couple of weeks we were being led to believe that supply would improve and that back orders would be clear in a matter of months. Nvidia continued to promise improved supply regularly for well over six months...you can see for yourself how much honesty was included there.

Psychic powers aren't part of our skill set and hind-sight is a wonderful thing. We had no way to know that;
*Nvidia would continue to dribble out stock to AIBs
*AIBs would backdoor so much stock to miners
*AIBs would limit supply of the cheap cards that had the most backorders - preferring to make higher priced versions
*Nvidia would continue to launch new chipsets rather than focusing on clearing backorders

Associate
There will be in most cases an actual replacement of that product, for instance if A product develops a defect and a replacement SKU is released or a low hash rate version comes out as example. It’s not been discontinued it’s been replaced. There would have to be no more 3080 being produced. The line up would need to be entirely discontinued and no replacements to the line up. Just changing a SKU number doesn’t qualify as a discontinued product.

Retailers should naturally work with the customer to fulfil the original contract with a product to equal or better value based on original msrps / costs that the customer paid not inflated pricing unless they purchased at those inflated prices.

What you are saying is what if they no longer make 3080 graphics cards at all from the manufacturer I ordered from and absolutely no substitute exists. I refuse to believe that we will get to the end of next year and as example asus hasn’t produced an equivalent product of the 3080 and ocuk had the opportunity to purchase it when companies like Best Buy cant restock 17000 units.

If all 3080s become end of life and no alternative exists then a refund would be the only option which at this point ocuk would have already paid out on vat so that’s going to be a headache trying to get that vat back on any refunds after 3 months. FYI the 4080 I would consider a genuine alternative to the 3080 if you genuinely can not source a customers order with in two years then if it was me I’d offer up 4080 equivalents and as a customer that’s something I’d be looking to be done if you genuinely think you can’t source a like for like or alternative product with in two years of my original order.

overclockers where the ones to accept an unbelievable amount of pre orders. This problem was never and should never be made out to be the customers issue.

We ran a pre order recently in an unrelated industry, 22 out of 28 was sourced with 6 still on pre order which will be sourced next production run. If they don’t do enough we will get them next production run. If they still don’t and they start making an alternative I’d phone the customer too discuss and offer an alternative not that it would happen or get that far. I have received no communication ever other than a queue update periodically in my junk mail and non answers from my customer service enquires which I have been pretty sensible about in only messaging twice in 10 months as online messaging was quite clear about how busy they where are the time and that patients will be required. Online messaging also thanked me for trusting in ocuk with my pre order and that they have direct dealings with all major companies and have more chance than anyone to fulfil said preorder.

what We didn’t do was

a: continue to sell pre orders once we knew stock would be unavailable or difficult to source.
B: we will continue to source and fulfil pre orders until the end of time to sort our customers out, it’s a commitment I’d hope all companies would share
C: any price difference on the next batch of product will be at our expense not the customers, you would think that would go without saying. Infact the price has gone up notably since the original order. You take the hit. It’s as simple as that as a retailer. The alternative is lost custom which is unacceptable.

I have a pc with no graphics card in it as I’m still waiting for 10 months +, so no I don’t want a refund, I would like fulfilment on the original order to a mutually agreed satisfactory outcome for both parties. The same as countless others I would imagine.

Soldato
ERM lol? The AIB discontinues *END OF LINE* an SKU, and released a new SKU with a different product number - example being the 3080 > 3080V2 LHR. Different models, and then sold to channel at higher prices. Your original product no longer exists.

ergo what you are demanding is quite honestly not possible , if the company making the product no longer sell the one you preordered.

Best Buy stocking 17000? Thats 18 per store and all were sold in under 20 minutes, from a ticketed bricks and mortar entry, with hundreds in the queues at each store (along with violence in certain areas)

4080? That will be end 2022 / start 2023!

the problem is not a customer issue - its an AIB problem, when companies such as Gigabyte stopped making the 3080 Eagle months ago (along with the other AIBs and cheaper models).

Associate
ERM lol? The AIB discontinues *END OF LINE* an SKU, and released a new SKU with a different product number - example being the 3080 > 3080V2 LHR. Different models, and then sold to channel at higher prices. Your original product no longer exists.

ergo what you are demanding is quite honestly not possible , if the company making the product no longer sell the one you preordered.

Best Buy stocking 17000? Thats 18 per store and all were sold in under 20 minutes, from a ticketed bricks and mortar entry, with hundreds in the queues at each store (along with violence in certain areas)

the problem is not a customer issue - its an AIB problem, when companies such as Gigabyte stopped making the 3080 Eagle months ago (along with the other AIBs and cheaper models).

that’s you opinion the same as mine is mine. I disagree strongly, I don’t believe replacement product is a different product just because the SKU is different. You can talk technicality’s all day long at me but the 3080 has not been discontinued. They simply are making lhr versions for as long as that trend lasts.

I’m not demanding anything, simply simply stating what i believe the facts to be and maybe expressing expectations as customer. At the end of the day ocuk could decide to treat me like crap as a customer and there’s probably nothing I could do about it other than shop elsewhere. I’d like to chose to believe ocuk wouldn’t do that though. Only time will tell, after all I’m still waiting.

not sure what your point is about the bestbuy order, are you saying the reason ocuk can’t get 17000 units is because they are divided up among all there many outlets .. because they just have the one.

Soldato
that’s you opinion the same as mine is mine. I disagree strongly, I don’t believe replacement product is a different product just because the SKU is different. You can talk technicality’s all day long at me but the 3080 has not been discontinued. They simply are making lhr versions for as long as that trend lasts.

I’m not demanding anything, simply simply stating what i believe the facts to be and maybe expressing expectations as customer. At the end of the day ocuk could decide to treat me like crap as a customer and there’s probably nothing I could do about it other than shop elsewhere. I’d like to chose to believe ocuk wouldn’t do that though. Only time will tell, after all I’m still waiting.

not sure what your point is about the bestbuy order, are you saying the reason ocuk can’t get 17000 units is because they are divided up among all there many outlets .. because they just have the one.

Best talk to Nvidia as they stated its a different product then, the non LHR products have ended production and replaced with a different one. This is 100% the manufacturer not the end point retailer. I know your disappointed but that diesnt change the reality that tbe product you likely ordered is no longer made.

Associate

Hey, I am interested in your point here that “Companies such as Gigabyte stopped making the 3080 Eagle” I am 5th in the line up, would love to see where you found the source that stated this was the case? Might help me pull the trigger on a refund/‘upgrade’

cheers

Associate

The replacement product is different though isn't it as the replacement is LHR versions. You cannot reasonably blame OCUk for this or expect them to honour the original pre-order price when its a different model. Your complaint should be made to the AIB and Nvidia themselves

Associate
For whatever reason people have held on to the pre-order for far too long, its misplaced loyalty to the retailer in my mind. It has been made clear for ages that free upgrades were over, A competitor has cleared their pre-orders some time ago (having had a clear web page display of status updated reguarly too). OC have not shone here but staying to the bitter end and moaning reflects a mentality of loyalty beyond what the wider market offers. FE drops have improved, yeah they are still rocking horse pooh but staying here asking for free or costly upgrades or trying to make OC feel bad just is not going to work.

Cancel, reflect on what has happened and use the wider market. Just do not make the same loyalty mistake again!

Associate
Most all other retailers stopped taking Preorders within 4 days of launch, most a week, OC carried on well into October some in November, hence the massive rod for their own back, especially as they were getting smaller shipments of stock than other retailers as well.
On some SKU's they actually got no stock at all.

Associate
I think the blaming of OCUK needs to stop, i agree things could have been handled better but at the end of the day i think this was just a perfect storm of pandemic, brexit, demand and chip shortages

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Most all other retailers stopped taking Preorders within 4 days of launch, most a week, OC carried on well into October some in November, hence the massive rod for their own back, especially as they were getting smaller shipments of stock than other retailers as well.
On some SKU's they actually got no stock at all.
you keep banging on about this but the worst queues were queues that formed pretty much overnight on launch day and these were the first to have pre-orders suspended. We received nearly 9000 pre-orders before the following morning and about 80% of those were across six SKUs

Soldato

Take a deep breath and relax it's only a video card at the end of the day, no need to write walls of text moaning about the situation. I don't know how closely you have followed the whole market but a Youtuber called Jayz2Cents has claimed there are around 2 million people in a virtual queue waiting for a RTX 3080/3070 Ti in the US alone. Add demand from Asia and Europe and that gives you idea of the scale of the demand there is at the moment.

BTW OCUK have treated you fairly, provided regular updates and suggestions and have gone above and beyond for it's customers. Most companies would have probably just refunded your pre-order straight away and not give a reason.

Associate
you keep banging on about this but the worst queues were queues that formed pretty much overnight on launch day and these were the first to have pre-orders suspended. We received nearly 9000 pre-orders before the following morning and about 80% of those were across six SKUs
Two or maybe 3 mentions in 12 months is hardly banging on, going by data on the customer database that was set up, orders for all skus but one (Zotac 3080 Trinity for which no records past 28 Sep) were still being taken in mid October and did not cease until end October and into Mid November.
That is only on data entered by those customers aware of the database and dropped off severely once the official Queue emails came in mid-end October was it.

Back
Top Bottom