• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Permabanned
Margins are up across the board and Asus don't just sell GPU, they sell everything and as such have very strong margins and always have done, but all companies which are surviving the pandemic are generally making more profit whilst doing so due to shortages as in time of shortage the simple facts apply, supply and demand, lack of supply and big demand means high margins and always have done. The difference is this shortage is one of the longest lasting if not longest ever and is nowhere near done yet.

But surely, that could empty customers pockets, leaving them to spend less when supply can meet demand.

Associate
This won't happen until the cost of living flatlines disposable income.

Wait till we get some nice 1920s era hyperinflation coming our way thanks to the Global reset!

Jokes aside, interest rates have been so slow that these levels of inflation getting slightly higher only will kill us...

Associate
whelp, there goes my hope of full system upgrade, im never upgrading again if this keeps up when new cards get released, never any stock anywhere that is anywhere near what they were supposed to cost then stop getting made.

Associate
Hey, I've only ever had emails telling me what number in the queue I am, so I thought I'd come and see what was happening. So I'm way down at in the queue at 409th for a Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF. I read a post on these forums saying these cards are not being made anymore, but this is the only place I can find that being said, they're also still as 'coming soon' on the shop. So I was wandering what my options actually are.

Associate
Hey, I've only ever had emails telling me what number in the queue I am, so I thought I'd come and see what was happening. So I'm way down at in the queue at 409th for a Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF. I read a post on these forums saying these cards are not being made anymore, but this is the only place I can find that being said, they're also still as 'coming soon' on the shop. So I was wandering what my options actually are.

there are no options now - cards don’t exist anymore Nvidia stopped making them.

Then get a refund and wait until January for new cards.

Associate
there are no options now - cards don’t exist anymore Nvidia stopped making them.

Then get a refund and wait until January for new cards.

Thanks. Might be an idea for OC to email the hundreds of people still waiting patiently.

Last edited:
Associate
no upgrade options any more? -sorry to say but that time has been and gone, maybe worth ringing them but think the only way to get a card now is to pay up for the lhr sku version2's that are now slowly and sparsely appearing,:) somebody correct me if im wrong, but @Gibbo did say that the upgrades had now finished on the update page.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
no upgrade options any more? @Gibbo

I am afraid not NVIDIA are shipping less stock now, really short last month and this month. AMD are shipping more product and is hence why most AMD GPU's are now in stock. So you could always call in and change over to an AMD card as all the 6000 range are in stock.

Associate
Strix OC 3080,any1 know if any stock is due in,saw some on here about 2 month ago and knew then I should have bought one,not seen any at all since apart from the 3090

Associate
Strix OC 3080,any1 know if any stock is due in,saw some on here about 2 month ago and knew then I should have bought one,not seen any at all since apart from the 3090
What about Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 MASTER V3 LHR 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card...they got 4 in stock now

Associate
Hello all,

@Gibbo i followed your advice and I upgraded after 1 year and 20 days. I picked a card from the upgrade options and I got an email that I will have the card in 4 to 5 weeks and well that was on 5 October. So I got charged few hundreds more and stilul NO CARD or any news on IT. I really hope You can bring some light in this. Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
With the 4000 series not meant to release until at least mid to late next year I'm guessing it's the 10GB 3080's which are EOL with the "Super" variants coming in soon'ish that have more memory and will cost a fair amount more ?
Probably. And then we'll still have the issue with the 4 series cards with stock, and again most likely significantly higher in price.

Back
Top Bottom