• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
You certainly do have to wonder why OCUK don't automatically refund. Is there some breach of contract legal thing going on, with OCUK being the ones that would be in breach on contract if they fail to supply the contracted goods?

I be surprised if that was the case, there is stories of other stores failing to fulfil stating reasons outside of their control, but it might be a unknown if a judge would deem a alternate SKU with similar specs as been a suitable replacement so maybe they dont want to chance it. Your thought is a interesting one.

Associate
I be surprised if that was the case, there is stories of other stores failing to fulfil stating reasons outside of their control, but it might be a unknown if a judge would deem a alternate SKU with similar specs as been a suitable replacement so maybe they dont want to chance it. Your thought is a interesting one.

Some of you don't get that not every store is in partnership with manufacturers.

Associate
With the prices of the gpu hopefully starting to fall. With the ETH bubble looking to have pop. Will you still honor the pre orders. I personally have had to wait though know you have advised to get a refund. My reason for not getting a refund is I didn't see a better option to get a 3080 at msrp. Thank you for reading.

Soldato
With the prices of the gpu hopefully starting to fall. With the ETH bubble looking to have pop. Will you still honor the pre orders. I personally have had to wait though know you have advised to get a refund. My reason for not getting a refund is I didn't see a better option to get a 3080 at msrp. Thank you for reading.

Did you miss the 40 pages of ` These cards are now EOL` part?

Caporegime

image.png

The Scots are always good for a laugh.

OcUK Staff

The 3080 is EOL, hence people need to request refunds or select a different product.

All remaining back orders are emailed every week, stating queue position and that cancelling or selecting a different product is recommended.

Also prices are not dropping, they are still increasing in cost from the manufacturers, any price drop been spotted is just resellers moving price or a change in currency.
China is looking to be having a severe Covid problem and as such the longer outlook is prices will remain firm or go up more, 3080 10G is no longer been made by board partners and even the LHR versions are extremely scarce and the 12G version are coming through in extremely smaller numbers and cost pretty much the same as a 3080Ti.........

Associate
Hi have been waiting over a year for TUF OC 3080 and am currently 20th in queue. I feel I have waited to long to pull out of the queue for a refund.I understand overclockers are under a lot of stress with this card situation.Do you guys have any suggestions on what I do.

Should have just got a 3090 at MSRP a year back mate and forgot about that 3080 headache. ofc trying to get a 3090 now isn't easy because everyone else did that strat of getting the 3090 when 3080 was a rat race.

Associate
Tried looking for a source saying 3080 is eol/discontinued. I just don't see how the best/most sought after gpu would be be dropped. With lhr and 12gb will there be no compensation/offers for customers who have waited. I appreciate your time with this. any official quote from nvidia saying its discontinued/eol that will shine light on this matter.

Soldato
With lhr and 12gb will there be no compensation/offers for customers who have waited. I appreciate your time with this. any official quote from nvidia saying its discontinued/eol that will shine light on this matter.

Dude, there was an offer a long, long time ago. There isn't anything to come by waiting further other than disappointment. If you can't move on from this by now nobody is going to convince you otherwise.

Also, has there ever been an official announcement that a graphics card was EOL? I don't recall such a thing. It's widely reported to be EOL which should be enough for you.

Time to get your refund, sign up for the FE alerts and try your luck there. Or, since you've waited this long, wait for the 4 series at the end of the year.

Caporegime
Tried looking for a source saying 3080 is eol/discontinued. I just don't see how the best/most sought after gpu would be be dropped. With lhr and 12gb will there be no compensation/offers for customers who have waited. I appreciate your time with this. any official quote from nvidia saying its discontinued/eol that will shine light on this matter.

You're right man, keep your order in for another couple of years and show them who's boss!!!

OcUK Staff

There will be no compensation.
OcUK emails all customers weekly with a queue position update and a link where you can request a refund that will be processed immediately.
I've also been suggesting on the forum that people should cancel for several months now and been recommending people try to find an FE card as that is now the only chance of a 3080 or change to an alternative product.

There really is no more we can do I am afraid, all we can do is apologise on behalf of board partners that enough stock simply could not be produced of the product due to unforeseen demand and a worldwide pandemic causing all kinds of issues.

Associate

March 2021.

Rup

Rup

Associate
I can remember when the 3090 FE was available from nvidia at MSRP for a whole day. You could even buy one if you had bought other FE cards.
Dammed crypto!

Soldato
Tbf there has been offers from ocuk to swap your 3080 to something else multiple times.

Btw a product going elo is not something companies typically advertise or announce. Buyers will find supplies of a certain product line are no longer available and time that with new product releases it's easy enough to 2&2 together.

Associate
Tbf there has been offers from ocuk to swap your 3080 to something else multiple times.

Btw a product going elo is not something companies typically advertise or announce. Buyers will find supplies of a certain product line are no longer available and time that with new product releases it's easy enough to 2&2 together.
Products have been offered as a "upgrade" when really it was a downgrade for extra money. Its not something I would expect if the product I ordered doubled in price Well then I want the current value of said item. Offering something less valuable for more money is just down right money grabbing. So no I will make sure I get the product that they have promised. Which there obligated to uphold.

Associate
Products have been offered as a "upgrade" when really it was a downgrade for extra money. Its not something I would expect if the product I ordered doubled in price Well then I want the current value of said item. Offering something less valuable for more money is just down right money grabbing. So no I will make sure I get the product that they have promised. Which there obligated to uphold.
have fun never seeing your product or money then

Soldato
I know it's kick in the gut (or you might view as bait and switch) but it's the reality of the situation, OCUK were not getting any more stocks to clear the backlog. Get you money back and move on.

OcUK Staff

It is not money grabbing, it is trying to provide a solution, you won't be getting a 3080 so if that is your intention your only option is a refund I am afraid as were not getting any more 3080's, all we get now is the odd LHR model and they have become very rare.

Request a refund and chance your luck with getting an FE card, that is the only way now to get a 3080 at MSRP.

Back
Top Bottom