• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Staff
Hi there

So as we know the outlook has been very grim with the original 3080 10G models unofficially getting end of life (no further shipments).
I did say for a viable solution to happen would take a miracle, unfortunately this is not the miracle I was hoping for as war is never good, innocent people are killed and generally everyone suffers around the world.

As such with the recent big changes in the market, a decline in mining and the conflict in Ukraine prices over the past month have dropped considerably which many of you have noticed and posted about on these very forums. The conflict in Ukraine has seen a lot of board partners either boycott Russia or the demand in Russia drop vastly which has resulted in considerable amount more stock available without demand.

As such as the biggest back order issues are with Gigabyte, Asus and MSI, over the past few weeks I've been pushing the board partners very hard to find a solution for the back orders which customers are still waiting for their product.

Gigabyte however have seemed to absolutely push incredibly hard to the point they have shipped their entire Far East stock too OcUK, not only have Gigabyte given us all this stock, but they then also did so at a loss to themselves, as a result we now have nearly enough Gigabyte 3080 Eagle LHR to cover all the Gigabyte 3080 Eagle OC back orders, which there is 160 back orders for at price ranging between £660 - £760.
Gigabyte have also given us money to further reduce our cost on 3080Ti and 3070Ti to provide potentially other options to customers waiting who maybe don't want to have to pay much of a difference or fancy a bigger upgrade or a partial refund and a lower end but still very capable gaming card.

I know it is not a perfect solution, but I know what 3080's cost us currently in the current market and for Gigabyte to find us so much stock and then sell it to me at such a low price to try and assist with the back orders is highly applaudable and I do hope with supply further increasing and demand reducing that maybe other partners will start reducing margins, but again it may also never happen.

KFA2 have also stepped up with offering me some incredible buy in prices to try and assist, as such today an email shall be going to all the Gigabyte back orders for 3080's with options to change their order and pay/refund the difference or to have an automatic refund by March 31st if no response from the customer.

Here is the email those with Gigabyte 3080 back orders can expect to get over the next 24-48hrs:

Morning all

Over the past months we have found that our suppliers are no longer be able to supply the original RTX 3080 non-LHR graphics card model you have pre-purchased. We greatly apologise for the frustration this news brings you.

Together with Gigabyte and KFA2, we have pushed very hard to find a solution to clear the back orders. Thanks to some additional exclusive support, we are now able to offer alternative GPU’s vastly below their regular price and below cost.

Gigabyte RTX 3080Ti Gaming OC @ £1199.99 (Retail £1289.99) GX-1DR-GI
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Eagle V2 LHR @ £799.99 (Retail £1199.99) GX-1ED-GI
Gigabyte RTX 3070Ti Gaming OC LHR @ £699.99 (Retail £799.99) GX-1DW-GI
KFA2 RTX 3070Ti OC LHR @ £679.99 (Retail £749.99) GX-0AM-KF
KFA2 RTX 3060 OC LHR @ £399.95 (Retail £479.99) GX-0AL-KF

You cannot buy online at these prices and stock is limited so your swift response is appreciated. You will be charged or refunded the difference to your original order value. Please contact our customer service team:

Webticket: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/contact (select Change or cancel order)

Telephone: 01782 444455 (option 2)

If we do not hear from you by 31st March 2022, your order will be automatically cancelled and refunded.

I am still pushing MSI and Asus hard for solutions, I am still also pushing other brands for more stock at really aggressive points in the hope we might be able to build up enough stock to be able to offer some solutions to Asus and MSI back orders maybe using stock from the likes of KFA2, Zotac, Inno3D etc.

Unfortunately there is nothing more Gigabyte can do, the above is vastly below cost and hugely funded by Gigabyte and then OcUK is passing this on too customers with zero profit to try and assist, but I feel knowing the current cost pricing that Gigabyte have gone above and beyond with both allocation and pricing support to try and resolve the back order issue.

Hopefully in coming weeks I will have options for Asus and MSI back orders of a similar nature, but my advice is still the same to those waiting, try to buy an FE card, it is still the absolute best option out there.

I'd like to thank the customers who have waited so long and been incredibly patient and also apologise at the same time for this whole debacle.
I will keep pushing and keep trying to find solutions, so please all those waiting on a Gigabyte 3080 Eagle OC please get in touch and pick one of the options from above or request a refund.

Last edited:
Associate
My god is this still on-going? 18 months, nearly as long as the damn Pandemic itself, what a strange time to be alive. I got down to like 9th in the Q for the 3080 Tuf OC, and sat there months, frustrating AF, literally if I had been, IDK, say 30 minutes earlier with my pre-order then I might have got a V1 card at close to MSRP. In the end I got a V2 card when OCUK had them around September 2021. Anyway hope everyone gets what they need, I can't imagine anyone still in the queue here, is without a card, I'd hope anyway, I guess most folk are hanging on in the off chance they may get a card at MSRP. The Eagle OC for 800 bills looks a good deal, 200 less than I paid for my Tuf gaming 3080, actually 800 isn't far off what I paid for the pre-order, think the 3080 Tuf OC was 750 when I pre-ordered it, so 800 is good indeed, can't be many 3080 sold by a large retailer, or anyone really, for that money since September 2020?

Soldato
Manufacturers are sitting on surplus stock as the cards at the silly retail prices are not selling in volume and the mining corps don't want them anymore so they are looking to offload before the prices crash hard in a couple of months.

Associate
I have waited patiently since Oct 2020 for the 3080 tuf oc and still hoping for something to come through. Been 95 in the queue for a month now, hearing that gigabyte came through has given me some hope of a miracle. Perhaps a different white model to match my build!

Associate
3080 Tuf OC too; Position 230; Pre-ordered: Oct 2020.
Utterly resigned myself to the prospect of never seen the upgrade to my humble 980, but curious to know how this rollercoaster ride will end without my intervention

Caporegime
There are no 3080’s being produced that are not LHR. If you are in the queue for one you won’t ever, EVER get one. Apply for your refund, you won’t get a card. Or accept the offer from Gibbo above.

Caporegime
I have waited patiently since Oct 2020 for the 3080 tuf oc and still hoping for something to come through. Been 95 in the queue for a month now, hearing that gigabyte came through has given me some hope of a miracle. Perhaps a different white model to match my build!

3080 Tuf OC too; Position 230; Pre-ordered: Oct 2020.
Utterly resigned myself to the prospect of never seen the upgrade to my humble 980, but curious to know how this rollercoaster ride will end without my intervention

You won’t get a card. Every 3080 produced these days is a LHR card with a different model number. The non-LHR cards are end of life. Discontinued. No longer manufactured.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
You won’t get a card. Every 3080 produced these days is a LHR card with a different model number. The non-LHR cards are end of life. Discontinued. No longer manufactured.

according to Gibbo, those with Gigabyte pre orders will be getting them, he's now pushing other AIB's so there is still some hope, well, more than there was a few days ago anyway!

Associate
I gave up and paid £1099 for the gamerock 3080. It's the sexiest card IMO but that's a matter of preference as well.

I would have liked 3080ti but .. in a small built the thermals would've been a nightmare. I got max 75 now on an Inwin301 with the 3080 and most importantly doesn't produce any throttling so I'm happy with that.

Caporegime
according to Gibbo, those with Gigabyte pre orders will be getting them, he's now pushing other AIB's so there is still some hope, well, more than there was a few days ago anyway!
But they're not the same card and there's no guarantee other cards will become available.

OcUK Staff

Those Gigabyte pre-orders are been offered a 3080 Eagle LHR 10G instead of the 3080 Eagle OC NONE-LHR they ordered at an extra cost of £40-£140 depending on when they placed their order.
As already pointed out in this thread LHR versions stopped shipping months ago and now that prices have come down and Gigabyte made the decision to sell us 3080 LHR at a loss to try and help out with back orders we are now making that offer available to those customers.

Come 31st March any remaining Gigabyte orders shall be cancelled and refunded!

Associate
Those Gigabyte pre-orders are been offered a 3080 Eagle LHR 10G instead of the 3080 Eagle OC NONE-LHR they ordered at an extra cost of £40-£140 depending on when they placed their order.
As already pointed out in this thread LHR versions stopped shipping months ago and now that prices have come down and Gigabyte made the decision to sell us 3080 LHR at a loss to try and help out with back orders we are now making that offer available to those customers.

Come 31st March any remaining Gigabyte orders shall be cancelled and refunded!

at a loss is generous considering the price goughing they have been doing since 2020 with 2x+ msrp, maybe they can only buy the ceo a mega yacht instead of a super yacht now, poor guy

OcUK Staff
at a loss is generous considering the price goughing they have been doing since 2020 with 2x+ msrp, maybe they can only buy the ceo a mega yacht instead of a super yacht now, poor guy

At least they have stepped up and offered something, been able to offer a 3080 10G in he current climate at £799 from a major brand is a big success to try and help out these customers, and though I agree the board partners have been making some very large margins at least Gigabyte are trying to assist which is more than what some other partners have done.

But as I keep saying you can't beat an FE card as those are the only cards available at MSRP and doubt we will ever see board partners at those prices considering even day one was supported for limited quantity of cards.

Associate
I gave up and paid £1099 for the gamerock 3080. It's the sexiest card IMO but that's a matter of preference as well.

I would have liked 3080ti but .. in a small built the thermals would've been a nightmare. I got max 75 now on an Inwin301 with the 3080 and most importantly doesn't produce any throttling so I'm happy with that.

should have got a 3080 Super. Just as good as 3080Ti and a lot cheaper!

Associate
Hi there

So as we know the outlook has been very grim with the original 3080 10G models unofficially getting end of life (no further shipments).
I did say for a viable solution to happen would take a miracle, unfortunately this is not the miracle I was hoping for as war is never good, innocent people are killed and generally everyone suffers around the world.

As such with the recent big changes in the market, a decline in mining and the conflict in Ukraine prices over the past month have dropped considerably which many of you have noticed and posted about on these very forums. The conflict in Ukraine has seen a lot of board partners either boycott Russia or the demand in Russia drop vastly which has resulted in considerable amount more stock available without demand.

As such as the biggest back order issues are with Gigabyte, Asus and MSI, over the past few weeks I've been pushing the board partners very hard to find a solution for the back orders which customers are still waiting for their product.

Gigabyte however have seemed to absolutely push incredibly hard to the point they have shipped their entire Far East stock too OcUK, not only have Gigabyte given us all this stock, but they then also did so at a loss to themselves, as a result we now have nearly enough Gigabyte 3080 Eagle LHR to cover all the Gigabyte 3080 Eagle OC back orders, which there is 160 back orders for at price ranging between £660 - £760.
Gigabyte have also given us money to further reduce our cost on 3080Ti and 3070Ti to provide potentially other options to customers waiting who maybe don't want to have to pay much of a difference or fancy a bigger upgrade or a partial refund and a lower end but still very capable gaming card.

I know it is not a perfect solution, but I know what 3080's cost us currently in the current market and for Gigabyte to find us so much stock and then sell it to me at such a low price to try and assist with the back orders is highly applaudable and I do hope with supply further increasing and demand reducing that maybe other partners will start reducing margins, but again it may also never happen.

KFA2 have also stepped up with offering me some incredible buy in prices to try and assist, as such today an email shall be going to all the Gigabyte back orders for 3080's with options to change their order and pay/refund the difference or to have an automatic refund by March 31st if no response from the customer.

Here is the email those with Gigabyte 3080 back orders can expect to get over the next 24-48hrs:

Morning all

Over the past months we have found that our suppliers are no longer be able to supply the original RTX 3080 non-LHR graphics card model you have pre-purchased. We greatly apologise for the frustration this news brings you.

Together with Gigabyte and KFA2, we have pushed very hard to find a solution to clear the back orders. Thanks to some additional exclusive support, we are now able to offer alternative GPU’s vastly below their regular price and below cost.

Gigabyte RTX 3080Ti Gaming OC @ £1199.99 (Retail £1289.99) GX-1DR-GI
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Eagle V2 LHR @ £799.99 (Retail £1199.99) GX-1ED-GI
Gigabyte RTX 3070Ti Gaming OC LHR @ £699.99 (Retail £799.99) GX-1DW-GI
KFA2 RTX 3070Ti OC LHR @ £679.99 (Retail £749.99) GX-0AM-KF
KFA2 RTX 3060 OC LHR @ £399.95 (Retail £479.99) GX-0AL-KF

You cannot buy online at these prices and stock is limited so your swift response is appreciated. You will be charged or refunded the difference to your original order value. Please contact our customer service team:

Webticket: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/contact (select Change or cancel order)

Telephone: 01782 444455 (option 2)

If we do not hear from you by 31st March 2022, your order will be automatically cancelled and refunded.

I am still pushing MSI and Asus hard for solutions, I am still also pushing other brands for more stock at really aggressive points in the hope we might be able to build up enough stock to be able to offer some solutions to Asus and MSI back orders maybe using stock from the likes of KFA2, Zotac, Inno3D etc.

Unfortunately there is nothing more Gigabyte can do, the above is vastly below cost and hugely funded by Gigabyte and then OcUK is passing this on too customers with zero profit to try and assist, but I feel knowing the current cost pricing that Gigabyte have gone above and beyond with both allocation and pricing support to try and resolve the back order issue.

Hopefully in coming weeks I will have options for Asus and MSI back orders of a similar nature, but my advice is still the same to those waiting, try to buy an FE card, it is still the absolute best option out there.

I'd like to thank the customers who have waited so long and been incredibly patient and also apologise at the same time for this whole debacle.
I will keep pushing and keep trying to find solutions, so please all those waiting on a Gigabyte 3080 Eagle OC please get in touch and pick one of the options from above or request a refund.
you are a star @Gibbo

OcUK Staff
I have an Asus order outstanding. I’m just wondering in the circumstances should I hold on a few weeks to see if there’s anything can be done there?

Yes I'd advice its now worth holding for another month, you've waited over a year so another month won't hurt.
I am not saying Asus will fulfill your order because they will not as the none-LHR model you ordered is EOL, but we are pushing for alternative solutions from Asus to be able to offer customers like yourself which might mean you need to take a partial refund and have a slightly slower card, for example 3070Ti, or pay extra to get a 3080 10G LHR or 12G LHR model.

Back
Top Bottom