• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Soldato
As I start looking for a 3000 series card again here comes a spanner to the face. Now I want to know the prices and performance, is it worth it etc.. I could pass on a potential 3080 drop tomorrow just to see a 3080 Ti be £1000. At £800 I could bite.

Associate
OP
As I start looking for a 3000 series card again here comes a spanner to the face. Now I want to know the prices and performance, is it worth it etc.. I could pass on a potential 3080 drop tomorrow just to see a 3080 Ti be £1000. At £800 I could bite.
The thing is the other well known site sells FE's just one per household and IP at a recommended retail price the 3080 was £646 so I can see FE at £8-900 or even £999
Will they let us rebuy the newer TI's ?

Soldato
Sold out in seconds for most of us :( as the FE's versions has no limiters on them

Yes this is comical that the FE versions have no LHR versions, proving Nvidia really doesn't care and out to make the AIB versions a harder sell for some and will only buy the FE versions and we are back to square one again the whole LHR thing is just a way for Nvidia to get more direct sales via the FE models as they will be the one most want anyways and without the limiters makes them have better second hand value.:rolleyes:

Soldato
The thing is the other well known site sells FE's just one per household and IP at a recommended retail price the 3080 was £646 so I can see FE at £8-900 or even £999
Will they let us rebuy the newer TI's ?

I think the 3080 Ti FE is going to be the same price as the 2080Ti FE if not $50-100 more. I don't see it selling for less. The AIBs will be silly prices, expect 3090 pricing for the AIBs.

If you purchased an AIB or FE 3000 series from that retailer then you can't buy another 3000 series card.

Soldato
Devil's advocate: 3080 Ti FE is £999 (or possibly more). Stock is plentiful because Nvidia held back on 3080 production when they realised (late last year) that they priced the 3080 too low, and have been stockpiling chips since :cry:

3070 Ti will be the tough card to price. There's not much of a price gap between a 3070 FE and 3080 FE as it is. And it'll look a bit shifty if the card launches above the 3080 price...

Soldato
I think the 3080 Ti FE is going to be the same price as the 2080Ti FE if not $50-100 more. I don't see it selling for less. The AIBs will be silly prices, expect 3090 pricing for the AIBs.

If you purchased an AIB or FE 3000 series from that retailer then you can't buy another 3000 series card.

Judging by the number of FE cards sold on eBay following last week's drop, that retailer's system isn't much of an obstacle for the resellers...

Associate
Judging by the number of FE cards sold on eBay following last week's drop, that retailer's system isn't much of an obstacle for the resellers...
The problem is even other gamers I talk to have said at the profit for selling they would be tempted if they managed to snag a card.

Soldato
Agree, but at least it is stopping some, after last drop CEX was full of FE cards from that drop too, they are either ending up on ebay or CEX at the moment and people buying them to sell at a profit now. The whole system is just annoying and the only ones losing are the people really wanting to use the cards.

Associate
OP
Fingers crossed @Gibbo has thought about the last 3080 release and overselling there for losing them money now due to pre orders
And will drop them slower and with a chance for us mortals to bag a upgrade :D:D

Back
Top Bottom