1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by markthechef, 21 May 2021.

1. BobShark

Gangster

Jensen Wonka and the GPU factory springs to mind

2. Craig_d1

Hitman

Not true, I've had better luck on the lottery...admittedly, only winning £10, but a win is a win

3. RipGroove

Wise Guy

lol

4. anderton46

Associate

Given that some of the 3070ti's that have popped up on ebay are shown as already being received by the seller. Would this indicate they are likely employee's/friends of other retailers who are buying their own stock to scalp? How else would someone have them in hand already?

5. RipGroove

Wise Guy

I honestly don't believe half the messages on these websites. A UK retailer was showing me via pop ups that many people were purchasing a certain 3080ti that I had open in a browser yet this was before the release day.

6. varkanoid

Capodecina

Like I posted this before - "why wait till you get home to scalp someone why not stick it up for sale on that website on way home from the shop!" Now there are two (top one looks like they got two as well) !

Pretty sure these are genuine items too :cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. RipGroove

Wise Guy

Scumbag, looks like young lad as well with his parents driving him around.

8. varkanoid

Capodecina

definintely two different ones car vents are different. Wonder if top guy got idea from the kid at the bottom !

9. RipGroove

Wise Guy

They need bidding up on eBay and trolling.

10. NickTheBiz

Gangster

So no one on here managed to get a 3070Ti yesterday?

11. Gregster

Caporegime

What a sorry state our hobby has turned into. I have been a gamer since the time of the P3 pentium and never seen the likes. Prices before even getting scalped are nuts and yea, I have been guilty of OTT spending but kinda glad I have skipped this gen.

Hopefully we get some normality soon but I doubt that. Glad I treated myself to a drone instead of a GPU and loving it.

12. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

Gibbo doing a MM deal next week. 3060 and 3070. £450 and £600 respectively.

13. Jagbama

Associate

Nope. Had all my ducks in a row and not even a sniff. Hoping my 1660 is going to last long enough until some more deliveries come through, no way am I buying on ebay...

14. Jagbama

Associate

Wonder if I can get 996 forum posts before then :p

Last aftermarket card I bought was an HD7970 from OCUK in 2012... averaging 1 post every 3 years :D

15. RipGroove

Wise Guy

Sounds like the Lions share (if not all) of OCs stock will go to people already in the 3080 queue anyway so MM access may be moot anyway.

16. Daytrader

Mobster

How they get them thou, no retail shops in UK even sale gpus that i know of.

17. Etheco

Wise Guy

So nothing actually got released yesterday and everyone just wasted there time oh what wonderful times we live in at the moment :D

18. RipGroove

Wise Guy

The UK has a fair few stockists of 3080ti's, all but one are AIB only (which from what I can see have hardly even been released yet) and the other shop has been the one selling all the FE cards.

19. anderton46

Associate

I wonder how close supply would be to demand if the only people who had the cards were the ones who actually wanted them.

20. RipGroove

Wise Guy

Sadly we'll never know!