• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Commissario
Introduction

This thread is for the discussion of the RTX 3090 series stock.

For official updates please see the thread posted by Gibbo here (link)

Rules

** PLEASE READ **

We would like to remind all users of the rules regarding competitors. We have been dealing with an unprecedented amount of discussion and there are many instances where these rules have been breached.

No promotion of OcUK's competitors

We, Overclockers UK (OcUK) are happy to provide the resources of these forums to responsible individuals without charge. They cost a substantial amount of money to maintain and use considerable amounts of bandwidth which is paid for exclusively by us. As you know OcUK are in the computer hardware business and therefore the promotion of OcUK's competitors is forbidden. Examples of promotion are:

• Posting links to direct competitors websites (i.e. other computer e-tailers)
  • Posting links to computer related products at general retailers (e.g. Amazon, Argos, Tesco etc)
  • Posting links to reviews that promote competitors
  • Quoting the names or contact details of competitors
  • Offering to provide the names or contact details of competitors
  • Hinting about product availability at competitors and their pricing
  • Using the forums to notify a member of intent or actual supply of names or contact details of competitors
  • Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in signatures
  • Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in profile
  • Posting links to or the mentioning of auction sites
  • Disguising attempts to do any of the above

*Please note the above list is not exhaustive and is subject to moderator discretion.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/help/boardRules/
I've chosen to create a new thread so that everyone can take the time to read these again.

Anyone breaking this rule in future will receive a minimum 48hr suspension. No exceptions.

OcUK are well aware of the demand for information and appreciate that emotions run high. We the moderators do not work for OcUK and can only advise that the shop will update the thread linked above with more information soon.

There is now an official landing page for stock and delivery updates. Please continue to check the website for more information (link)

Just to make it clear and so I am clear on it

Very small = Less than 10 units
Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units
Very large = 100+
Dream = 250+

Thank you for your patience :)

Last edited:
Associate
So you deleted the other thread where customers were trying to at least get some idea of where they were in the list.
That thread gave me and I’m sure others more information than what OC have given us.
I appreciate the rules are there for a reason and you are a volunteer and none of this is your fault...but still deleting threads and locking them when people are quite rightly getting annoyed with lack of info just seems abit shi**y.
If I’m the only person who feels this all I can do is apologise and I guess I’ll just have to get over it,
but something tells me I’m not the only person annoyed with lack of communication from OC.
And now our self gathered incomplete info is being suppressed.
Like I said I appreciate the rules but you could have waited for a official queue tracker from OC before deleting the thread with the only (if incomplete) waiting list.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The last thread was well over 1400 replies, most of which was speculation and unofficial information.

Really, the only information we have to go on is posted in Gibbo's thread linked above. As and when the shop have updates they'll post it :)

Associate
Well I would like to thank Sarah Wild or Wild Sarah ( can’t remember what way round it was and not like I can check the old thread) and the others who kept the list maintained while the thread was open.
You gave us more information (even if was “unofficial speculation” and incomplete) than any of the staff or forum slaves/volunteers of OC have given us.
It may have been incomplete it may have been unofficial but you could at least get a guesstimate of where about a your order fell.
I thought I did pretty well getting my order in at 2:08 launch day but have seen that a lot of people got in before 2:00 at least now I can ASSUME I’m probably at least second delivery which I wouldn’t have known had it not been for your amazing forum members.

Last edited:
Associate
Just had a cancellation text from the competitor that I ordered an MSI from yesterday. I knew it was too good to be true! AHH well, back to the drawing board.
Don’t mention competitors at all.
Mods get annoyed.
Oc pay for this site of course they don’t like advertising of other stores.

Last edited:
Associate
...and why shouldn't they?!?!! This forum is run and paid for by Ocuk...what did you expect!!
I completely understand it was a warning to the original poster because 48 hour bans are being threatened.
was a warning not a gripe.
I’ve now edited my original post you happy now ** no personal insults - EVH **.
Look through my posts do I mention any competition even once ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I understand a lot of people are annoyed / frustrated etc but why is it so hard to follow a simple rule and why does everyone have to suffer because of a few individuals.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

@SarahWild if you have any updates on the list you were maintaining then feel free to update the 3080/90 thread :cool:

Soldato
I understand a lot of people are annoyed / frustrated etc but why is it so hard to follow a simple rule and why does everyone have to suffer because of a few individuals.

I feel really sorry for the mods here, the GPU section is nothing but toxic at the moment with lots of new people coming in and throwing their toys out the pram. It's like they've never been involved in a launch of a new component.

Associate
Oh because we are new to the forum that makes our opinions worth less?
I may have just joined the forum but I’ve used OC for years and they have always been great.

It’s confrontational comments like yours that causes the toxicity.

Associate
i've mentioned the word competitor, not who the competitor is. There is a difference :rolleyes:
I know but mods are getting sick of maintaining the rules that are constantly being broken so they are getting abit “throw the baby out with the bath water”.
It was just a suggestion that competitor talk is not even started in the first place as not to spark a secondary conversation about them.
But I’m not your mum do what you like.

Associate
I know but mods are getting sick of maintaining the rules that are constantly being broken so they are getting abit “throw the baby out with the bath water”.
It was just a suggestion that competitor talk is not even started in the first place as not to spark a secondary conversation about them.
But I’m not your mum do what you like.

I'm merely stating that an order placed with a competitor has been canceled. I've not said what I paid or which competitor it is. The rules are simple, don't promote competitors.

Associate
There were 600 posts, not 1400. On the one hand I am totally behind the mods cracking down on rulebreakers. On the other, I feel the loss of the thread is a tragedy and that we’re all being punished for the actions of a few idiots.

The worst possible way to handle this, actually. Deleting posts that break rules is one thing, banning those that don’t listen — fine. Deleting the entire thread? Not cool guys. Really not cool.

Associate
Like I said I was just trying to stop the convo in it’s tracks it seems I have given it the Streisand effect.
We have already lost a good thread didn’t want it happening again is all..
But you do you.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There were 600 posts, not 1400. On the one hand I am totally behind the mods cracking down on rulebreakers. On the other, I feel the loss of the thread is a tragedy and that we’re all being punished for the actions of a few idiots.

The worst possible way to handle this, actually. Deleting posts that break rules is one thing, banning those that don’t listen — fine. Deleting the entire thread? Not cool guys. Really not cool.
It's not deleted, you just can't see it.

If there was any credible information in there I'd happily add it to the OP, much like I have just done ;)

Back
Top Bottom