• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Never recieved my queue position email so contacted customer support and this was my reply

Hello, Sorry for the delayed reply - I can't confirm the exact Q position as the system used to send the emails is different than the original we've used previously due to some internal adjustments that were needed. However based upon the old system you're 92 in the Q, but this may be slightly less/higher. It's the best indication I can give you at this time until we send another mailer next month, or when further stock lands.

Asus 3090 ASUS ROG Strix OC 24/09/2020 14:06 OC4045205

Looking at the queue positions of the people above and below me on the spreadsheet and checking the queue positions they got emailed for (71 and 85) I don't really understand why I'm after those that ordered after me I should be 72-84

Associate
So at 14:08, I'm 105th in the queue for a Strix 3090 non-oc...

Super surprised there were 104 people faster than me for that card! Guess I could be waiting for a fair old while...

Associate
Looking at the queue positions of the people above and below me on the spreadsheet and checking the queue positions they got emailed for (71 and 85) I don't really understand why I'm after those that ordered after me I should be 72-84

The response from support does say your position may be less in the new system, no? So 72-84 is quite possible.

Associate
Wait Gypsum is 29th when he ordered 2 minutes after me??

And Jixxer is 32nd when he ordered 3 minutes after me??

This whole system can definitely leave you feeling pretty damn bitter...

Associate
Wait Gypsum is 29th when he ordered 2 minutes after me??

And Jixxer is 32nd when he ordered 3 minutes after me??

This whole system can definitely leave you feeling pretty damn bitter...

It should just be as simple as doing a query in the database against orders, order it by completed time, inner join the product information making sure its a 3090 SKU or some form, and just increment number in the field set. There is absolutely no guess work to it.

Associate
The response from support does say your position may be less in the new system, no? So 72-84 is quite possible

I would have thought like 1-3 places, not 8-20 that's quite a jump

I asked for a bit of insight to why mines that much later in queue and this is the response I got

Originally we've always based Q positions of date/time of order, however due to an issue relating to finance orders which pushed the order date forward 24 hours it would give people an unfair advantage. We therefore have based the Q position off the internal order number, however if the download of your order was delayed slightly your Q position will be based off the download date/time.

A small proportion of customers will be effected by this unfortunately, however if we stuck with the original method a much larger volume of customers would be effected. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but there is no direct solution to this issue without upsetting further customers.

Just going to take what I have and sit and wait for more updates like everyone else

Associate
So at 14:08, I'm 105th in the queue for a Strix 3090 non-oc...

Super surprised there were 104 people faster than me for that card! Guess I could be waiting for a fair old while...
You've been put in the wrong queue, looks like? Your 105 would be correct for your time of order and if it was an OC card you ordered. You've been put in the OC queue I think.

Associate
It should just be as simple as doing a query in the database against orders, order it by completed time, inner join the product information making sure its a 3090 SKU or some form, and just increment number in the field set. There is absolutely no guess work to it.

I think it's because I paid using Amazon pay...

The order got stuck in the system, and I only got an internal order number after I chased them to fix it the next morning...

<Insert swear word> System...

Associate
I think it's because I paid using Amazon pay...

The order got stuck in the system, and I only got an internal order number after I chased them to fix it the next morning...

<Insert swear word> System...
It's not that. I used Amazon Pay too. And honestly, look at your time and your number. You've clearly been put in the OC queue by mistake. Check with OcUK.

Associate
Yeah, odd... Order is deffo for a Non-OC...

jbQaspg.png
Sure, but I think you've been put in the qrong queue RE ticket numbers. Look at the places in the OC queue, with the times:

9/24 14:06 ixalon 74
9/24 14:08 Cooper1987 88
9/24 14:16 S7ree7figh7er 126

Your 105, would be dead right if you were in the OC queue. You're probably like, 23 or so in the non-OC queue, but they've sent you the wrong email I think. Ask 'em.

Associate
Originally we've always based Q positions of date/time of order, however due to an issue relating to finance orders which pushed the order date forward 24 hours it would give people an unfair advantage. We therefore have based the Q position off the internal order number, however if the download of your order was delayed slightly your Q position will be based off the download date/time.

A small proportion of customers will be effected by this unfortunately, however if we stuck with the original method a much larger volume of customers would be effected. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but there is no direct solution to this issue without upsetting further customers.

This actually makes a little sense! Their internal order number in this circumstance is the safest way to do this. OCUK's internal order system will download orders from the site that have a "paid" (or similar) status then assign them consecutive numbers dependant on the time they downloaded from the site. If they used the order number sequence from the site then this would be wildly unfair, because the order numbers on the site will more than likely be assigned the second you place an item in your basket, then you could check out later when the site "woke back up" and skip the queue.

Associate
This actually makes a little sense! Their internal order number in this circumstance is the safest way to do this. OCUK's internal order system will download orders from the site that have a "paid" (or similar) status then assign them consecutive numbers dependant on the time they downloaded from the site. If they used the order number sequence from the site then this would be wildly unfair, because the order numbers on the site will more than likely be assigned the second you place an item in your basket, then you could check out later when the site "woke back up" and skip the queue.

Correct, most e-commerce platforms will give you an order number as soon as you create a basket, so technically you would have an order number from days ago if you leave something in the basket and occasionally come back to keep the cookie from expiring (or their session)

Back
Top Bottom