• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Reading quite a few messages here I see there's a lot of discussion about the OC vs non-OC Strix. You guys realise it's £1649 vs £1699 right? - If you're worried about the 50 quid difference at this point you probably shouldn't be buying either card and try to get an Asus TUF or FE card at considerably less cost.

That statement just reads full of snobbery, given the choice I'd have a FE card over any AIB....I just can't get one. (shame on me I guess).

Associate
Yeah I had ordered that at 207pm from another retailer who was meant to get them in yesterday but heard nothing. I'd have assumed I'd have it by now.
Same here mate, I don't know my queue number as the other retailer doesn't keep queue (wouldn't have ordered with them if I knew this tbh) but my order went throught 2:04 so was hoping to have it by now...

Does anybody know, have any 3090 Strix cards been shipped to end users at all yet in the UK?

Associate
Yeah I had ordered that at 207pm from another retailer who was meant to get them in yesterday but heard nothing. I'd have assumed I'd have it by now.

This seems to be a common theme. People have ordered elsewhere because they thought they had a solid date when in fact it is turning out it is all lies and everywhere is in the same boat of not having a clue! OCUK are at least being honest and telling us what they know when they know it instead of making up numbers to "please" customers which then ultimately only disappoints those customers when it becomes apparent they were lied to.

Associate
Pretty sure OcUK will be getting them same date as other retailers. I mean, looking at our spreadsheet there is millions of pounds in card pre-orders. That's substantial buying power. Reckon like you say, everyone's in the same boat no matter where they are queuing.

Associate
The only difference is that with known queue position there is less chance for foul play - wearing my tin foil hat, but lacking transparency allows for manipulation... I wish I've ordered from ocUK tbh * cries in 60fps *

Associate
well I know for certain that I'm queue position #1 from 'the other retailer' for the 3090 Strix OC, but no word on stock yet... was told that they were expecting stock yesterday but that apparently didn't happen.

Associate
Hi all, new poster but ive been following closely. Ive spoken to Asus and they directed me to their ASUSROGUK Facebook post for details on shipping.

They also confirmed when i asked about shipping OC over non OC cards, and i quote "That is not true. We are sending OC and non-OC cards equally"

Hope thats of some help.

Associate
Hi all, new poster but ive been following closely. Ive spoken to Asus and they directed me to their ASUSROGUK Facebook post for details on shipping.

They also confirmed when i asked about shipping OC over non OC cards, and i quote "That is not true. We are sending OC and non-OC cards equally"

Hope thats of some help.

Lol I think we are part of the same facebook thread?

Associate
well I know for certain that I'm queue position #1 from 'the other retailer' for the 3090 Strix OC, but no word on stock yet... was told that they were expecting stock yesterday but that apparently didn't happen.
How do you know for certain, they’ve dealt with this terribly and won’t release anything. I only ordered there as I couldn’t get on this website and won’t use them again.

Associate
Finally managed to talk to someone about my queue position messup and I've been assured I've been added to a "corrections list"...

But yeah, I learned the hard way how cagey Asus can be during delays when the X470-I Gaming motherboard got held up after the X470 / Ryzen 3xxx launch. They can be infuriating at times, and it makes no sense why they're not more open about things.

Associate
Grass aint any greener over here, ocuk have been barely giving any info with most of us wondering what the hell is going on most of the time.
No sort of expected stock dates, no info on if they get any stock until like 12 hours before hand.
No updates, unanswered questions, people being hung up on when contacting customer services with rude and short responses to some questions according to some posts.

I hardly think this is fair. We all knew we were making pre-orders and we were not once promised a date, and was even told to expect a wait with little news of upcoming dates. If OCUK was to start giving out expecting dates of their stock arrivals, then they would be constantly changing these dates and disappointing people each time! They are in a "can't do right for doing wrong" situation. They are simply telling us solid facts as and when they know they are reliable and solid. Can't ask for more than that, because more than that would cause more anger / upset / disappointment.

Associate
I don't blame them for stock issues, it's up to suppliers of course.

All I meant was that I doubt there is any place right now which would be the "perfect store" for anyone

Although I don't think expected stock dates would hurt, at least in my opinion it would give a little clarity around timeframes and periods that arrivals are due in.

Associate
Although I don't think expected stock dates would hurt, at least in my opinion it would give a little clarity around timeframes and periods that arrivals are due in.

This just isn't possible though! I have experience running an online business which ships out a lot of orders each day, and thus we import manufactured goods and we never have a solid date that we receive them on because they come by boat into France and then by air the rest of the way and have to go through customs etc. We only usually get a good "idea" upto maybe 4 days in advance, then a solid confirmation once they have cleared customs the day before they are due to arrive. Shipping dates for bulk items can be so fluid that customers would just get outraged when that date wasn't met or had to be changed.

Associate
Well an idea a few days before ain't so bad.
"X items are expected in the next few days, though no definitive date until further info is given"

See that don't sound so bad does it?

Of course some would probably disagree, for myself I would find it helpful.

But on a positive note, grats to those who get some cards today :)

Back
Top Bottom