• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I saw on Videocardz that a Danish online retailer has confirmation of 45 3090 strix OC's shipping to them. Surely this means that they exist out there and the UK should receive them as well. I guess no such info from any UK retailers yet though.

Associate
I'm half considering pulling my deposit on the new Eve display for this reason. I have a 43" 4K144 where it definitely makes sense, but now I'm starting to feel like a 27" 4K144 may be unnecessary

At 32" it is definitely very noticeable vs a 24" 1920 x 1080 panel that is further away from me. To the point I thought my smaller screen had set itself to the wrong resolution. Personally though I wouldn't buy a smaller primary screen because I find 32" to be a sweet spot for wall mounting, while still keeping your desk near the wall.

However, I think a lot of factors in display are very subjective and people shouldn't just rush for a high refresh panel because a youtuber told them to.

Associate
Thanks for that. Just watching the YT of unboxing. It's more solid than I thought it would be and it's actually quite nice. It's my bedtime so off I go, but will continue watching tomorrow after work. Thanks once again. Top man!!!!! TY.

Just sent my receipt to KFA2 and requested info of when I should receive my GPU. They replied that I should receive my 3090 towards the end of October as that is when their shipment will arrive.

Associate
I went toward Strix 3090 OC basically due to wanting to run triple 1440p monitors as right now I am using 3x 1080p and was unsure with 3080 due to low VRAM and it's for 4K while 3090 can drive 8K. Still awaiting on 27" monitor that I had my eyes on coming out.
also other reason which seem to applies most of guys here who want to use water cooling, right now there are numbers of water block for Strix and Tuf. Won't buy EKWB's current design as there are couple of area I think can be improved, so until it got picture of the block on the card and I can see the reason for the design then will order.
Decided to do water cooling my gpu was going to hold out until later on as prefer to have two loops than one. Just ordered half stuffs for gpu cooling, it'll be fitted as where it is will be better get done now than later as other half will be easy to fit. Will add the photos of my 011-Razer case once I've done my works, am hoping my order will arrive tomorrow as push through today at 11am :D

Soldato
Well my retailer I opted for because I was afraid of OCUK due to the 3080 launch here has an idea about all brands other than Asus. Literally no idea on Asus and that's the only one with almost insurmountable amounts of preorders.

Back
Top Bottom