• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

ags

ags

Associate
I would like to know queue sizes and numbers being shipped. Any further queue decisions would be based on estimates, but so far there are little notifications about people receiving Gigabyte or Evga (that my wife is waiting for).

Associate
More importantly, do we get Watch Dogs legion with Overclockers? I didn't see any mention of it, but looks like an Nvidia promotion instead of just individual retailers.

Associate
Well basically I ordered the OC because forum morons theorized that Asus won't ship a single non OC strix til the people that bought OC cards get theirs maximizing profits. I doubt it but it made me go OC. I also thought not many people would be stupid enough like me to spend £1700+ on a GPU given how few people had Titan Vs and Titan RTX's but I underestimated the amount of people that will buy things on credit.

I figured most people lost their jobs and I helped with an emergency situation in March and April for my company and got a £2000 kickback for it to say thank you so it put me in a position to buy hardware I'd never normally look at.

I ordered the Strix non-OC 3090 but I live in hope. The ROG UK Facebook now has a post about the cards the same as the german one just only posted a few days ago. (same info, direct shipping, and whatnot) one guy posted "can you guys confirm whether regular Strix cards are coming at the same time though? I've read the OC is first but no regular news yet." They replied "Hi *******, all Strix, TUF, OC and non-OC are all coming at the same time. All being produced equally" someone else asked and got this "All cards are being produced equally, Strix, TUF, OC and non-OC. All the same."

So see what happens.

Associate
Well OCUK will probably delete your hint anyway as it'll result in them losing £40000
Well I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day....

But sorry mods but please don’t lock the thread again for any mistakes I’ve made. not fair on everyone else even if you ban me.

BUT
This guy still can’t read....
It wasn’t me who originally posted...
And anyone else hate I told you so people ?

Last edited:
Associate
I ordered the Strix non-OC 3090 but I live in hope. The ROG UK Facebook now has a post about the cards the same as the german one just only posted a few days ago. (same info, direct shipping, and whatnot) one guy posted "can you guys confirm whether regular Strix cards are coming at the same time though? I've read the OC is first but no regular news yet." They replied "Hi *******, all Strix, TUF, OC and non-OC are all coming at the same time. All being produced equally" someone else asked and got this "All cards are being produced equally, Strix, TUF, OC and non-OC. All the same."

So see what happens.
if that was true. Why haven't the people with non OC had their GPUS posted yet..... everything I've read in the past few days just seems to be here say. If mine is gonna be here next year I'm gonna cancel my order. Don't mind waiting but not willing to wait till January 2021.

Associate
if that was true. Why haven't the people with non OC had their GPUS posted yet..... everything I've read in the past few days just seems to be here say. If mine is gonna be here next year I'm gonna cancel my order. Don't mind waiting but not willing to wait till January 2021.

I don't know, guess we'll just have to wait and see which sucks. RIP my sanity.

Associate
I was hoping for some news regarding the Strix OC this week. I even prepared my case and installed a 3rd PCI-e power cable.

Oh well. We'll have to wait for another week I guess.

Associate
I was hoping for some news regarding the Strix OC this week. I even prepared my case and installed a 3rd PCI-e power cable.

Oh well. We'll have to wait for another week I guess.

Think I'll give it another week too before I make my decision to cancel or not. I'm currently in position 11 for the Asus tuf non OC.

Caporegime
It tells me that a factory which claims can pump out 50,000 cards per week which knew months in advance the release date is being held back on orders either on purpose or through negligence.

They didnt though. Nvidia didnt even give them the details until late august and only started sending them the chips in September.

They then didnt even give them the drivers until 2 days before launch but gave them some test software prior.

Because Nvidia wanted so much money for their reference boards complete which the manufacturer only has to put a cooler on, hardly anybody bought them and most made their own reference boards instead.

A lot of boards never even started to be manufactured before the launch date and Nvidia chose to launch one week before the worlds entire manufacturing capabilities. It takes 6 days to make a card from start to finish and 1 to 6 days to ship by air freight. 3 to 4 weeks by sea.

If Nvidia had wanted sufficient stock for launch date then all AIBs should have been in the position that they could start manufacturing the cards and testing them at the beginning of September. MSI has one factory alone which makes 60,000 motherboards and 30,000 graphics cards PER DAY. And thats just one factory of many. A week would have produced 210,000 cards.

Back
Top Bottom