• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@Greebo I did get the X Trio 3090, I am not waiting because I want the 24GB RAM for Blender, UE4 and Maya, however I think NVidia just got a nice kick in the behind. I also think that AMD could have gone a bit lower on the pricing for the 6800XT and 6800 to really make the pain felt in NVidia.

Ah well, if the 3090 comes tomorrow, I am a happy bunny.

Associate
RIP to all 3090 owners.

Not at all, AMD were completely quiet about the ray tracing performance to the point of glazing over it as a coming soon feature just about, same with thier version of dlss, all they showed was raster performance, which we already expected to match 3080/90 on the top tier models within 5%, but ray tracing and dlss is what sets Nvidia apart.

Don't get me wrong, AMD have done very well, but drivers and features is usually the reason not to buy them, this may change next year though.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah we just got to wait for proper reviews now. So torn. I could have a 3090 here tomorrow or do I wait?????
I'd still go for the 3090. My only concern would be if there is a price cut.
Not sure if nvidia will though. It looks like the 3090 still edges raster if used on stock systems without rage mode. I also think RT will be a good bit quicker on the 3090, so nvidia will maintain the premium pricing?

I still want to keep my 3090, but I'm torn on a refund then rebuy at the lower price... I'm starting to lean on the side of keeping.

Associate
Im posistion 195 now, so down 37 spots, im pretty happy with that, if it grows weekly ill be happy, so 3-4 weeks. Tempted to cancel and go amd and buy one of those 5000 cpus for the fast memory access
Then again why not buy a 3090 and the Amd stuff aswell and have 2 pcs!!!
Ill see whats happening by the 18th, as no doubt I will not have my card by then. Its my birthday on the 21st
Decisions decisions, anyone know how many were sent out today? and what was cancellations

Associate
I would like to go with 6900XT price-wise, but the lack of detail around RT and DLSS is putting me off. They need a good workable DLSS to even bother turning RT on.
The new cards are good, better than I thought, but those figs are with Rage-mode on, so basically OC versions. Yes, they will gain another 5 to 10fps when better boards come out, but it is still not enough to run games how I want. 4k@ 60fps+ 120htz with RT on.
Number 5 in line for Tuf OC, so few days or a week to see if any news AMD wise, plus 14 days return (will just leave it boxed and untouched lol)

Associate
I would like to go with 6900XT price-wise, but the lack of detail around RT and DLSS is putting me off. They need a good workable DLSS to even bother turning RT on.
The new cards are good, better than I thought, but those figs are with Rage-mode on, so basically OC versions. Yes, they will gain another 5 to 10fps when better boards come out, but it is still not enough to run games how I want. 4k@ 60fps+ 120htz with RT on.
Number 5 in line for Tuf OC, so few days or a week to see if any news AMD wise, plus 14 days return (will just leave it boxed and untouched lol)
Wait for independent reviews, Nvidia said 3080 was 2x of the 2080 in their announcement, while it ended up being 90% in non cherry picked titles. So it is very likely that the true performance of the 6900xt is more of a narrow loss than an on par. same for 6800xt. RT with 6900xt will be half frame rate than non-RT, just like the 2080.

Associate
The AMD benchmarks were all with AMD zen 3 chips which are supposed to be the fastest available.
The 3090 was shown with a 10900k.
plus they didnt show ray tracing scores.... cos we all know they are going to be Turin grade, if they had the biggest RT performance willies, they'd be slapping it around Nvidias faces in that stream....but they didnt, barely even got a mention, like some micro-peewee owner would do.

Back
Top Bottom