• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I am 40 on the other site and they advised they expect delivery into their warehouse that will fulfil my order on 20/11/2020. I started at 115 in the queue - which gives you an idea of their delivery volumes.
Oh that’s cool.....so I might be under 100 in 2 weeks time :D haha

they are also offering other cards that do come into stock with no waiting list, to people at the front of other queues, so hopefully some people are sick of the wait and are taking other offers

Associate
I had my heart set on the Strix ROG OC but as I'm not seeing updates (here or anywhere else!) on availability of that product I'm wondering if I should be considering getting in a queue for a less popular model. Of the alternatives which are the most appealing to you guys?

I spotted the in-stock inno3d board here and also some others elsewhere but ultimately turned my nose up - but now I'm wondering if I'm just being stubborn. It feels very like the supermarket queue switching dilemma (remember when you used to be able to go to supermarkets???).

I've been keeping an eye on the Gigabyte Extreme stock as that has a nice high boost clock and seems to be flying under the radar a bit.

Associate
I had my heart set on the Strix ROG OC but as I'm not seeing updates (here or anywhere else!) on availability of that product I'm wondering if I should be considering getting in a queue for a less popular model. Of the alternatives which are the most appealing to you guys?

I spotted the in-stock inno3d board here and also some others elsewhere but ultimately turned my nose up - but now I'm wondering if I'm just being stubborn. It feels very like the supermarket queue switching dilemma (remember when you used to be able to go to supermarkets???).

Only comparitive cards in performance will be ones that can match the power input - so basically you have 5 options (that have 3 power connectors): Strix, MSI Trio, EVGA Ftw, Palit GameRock, Gigabyte Xtreme

If you don't mind a couple of fps slower - pretty much any other card - just buy one with a decent warranty period. I've not seen any "bad" cards this generation.

Associate
No one fancying the PNY 3090 then? Quite a few retailers have them in stock today - are they one to avoid like Zotac and Inno?

Its very hard not to feel like they are on the shelves because no-one wants them and that must be because they are rubbish. This is wholly irrational of course - I have no reason to believe that!

Associate
I avoid Zotac due to fan motors chirping on startup (not long after purchase) + coil whine.
I avoid PNY because they've always struck me as a budget option (seeing them mount a blower fan to a 3090 just boggles the mind).

Inno3D and the like also strike me as cheaper options due to shrouds being plastic and/or having weird extra fan mounted at the back of the card, sticking out like a sore thumb; not to mention - garish designs...

Associate

Stay strong bro, wait for your STRIX!

Soldato
I avoid Zotac due to fan motors chirping on startup (not long after purchase) + coil whine.
I avoid PNY because they've always struck me as a budget option (seeing them mount a blower fan to a 3090 just boggles the mind).
Inno3D and the like also strike me as cheaper options due to shrouds being plastic and/or having weird extra fan mounted at the back of the card, sticking out like a sore thumb; not to mention - garish designs...

I kinda of feel the same in terms of them three and Palit. I've stuck to Asus, EVGA and MSI for the past few cards, I use to swear by Gigabyte until the 970 fiasco when they were just dire compared to the rest.

Associate
I kinda of feel the same in terms of them three and Palit. I've stuck to Asus, EVGA and MSI for the past few cards, I use to swear by Gigabyte until the 970 fiasco when they were just dire compared to the rest.
I wanted a Gigabyte Turing card because they were white, however looking at Amazon reviews there were so many RMA issues with the cards; I lost interest in Gigabyte's output.

Associate
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind – ten years after the Pascal War.

The Ampere Project was a dream, given form. Its goal: to prevent another war, by creating a place where humans and aliens from Birmingham can work out their order queue differences peacefully. It's a port of call – home away from home – for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers and occasionally mods and hardware reps.

Humans and aliens, wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning forum . . . all alone in the night.

It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peaceful GFX component ordering.

This is the story of the last of the Nvidia stations. The year is 2020. The name of the place is Overclockers UK!......

Associate

The Ampere Project was a dream, given form. Its goal: to prevent another war, by creating a place where humans and aliens from Birmingham can work out their order queue differences peacefully. It's a port of call – home away from home – for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers and occasionally mods and hardware reps.

Humans and aliens, wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning forum . . . all alone in the night.

It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peaceful GFX component ordering.

This is the story of the last of the Nvidia stations. The year is 2020. The name of the place is Overclockers UK!......
I'll raise ya with mine:

Ampere is the name of the game,
30% is the claim to its fame,
AMD shares the space in our brains,
In all places where Nvidia fails.

We sit on the forum salty and bored,
Refreshing a page for stock that we ordered;
A glimmer of hope each time that we click,
Only to be met by Nvidias ****.

I feel I am pretty good at this!

Associate
I'm the same, I have my Strix OC 3090 already (love it obviously), but come here to see how its still going (and also out of habit, because morning ritual, boot up, check OCers). I also recommend getting a GPU support bracket or one of those little holder uppers for it (which is what I use), as its a pretty heavy card (no-where near as heavy as the FE), it does want to sag towards the very end, rather take the weight off the board :)

Soldato

Ooh a B5 fan, I approve.

Back
Top Bottom