• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Seeing some 3080 eagles coming in has given me hope for my 3090 eagle order. Was starting to worry the line was EOL - hopefully be able to get a card soon. But looking at the latest prices for 3090s I would guess OC will take a massive loss from the price I paid for mine. Is the price I paid guaranteed providing its the same card?

Associate
Hi all, first post here and first time ordering from OCUK.

I'm trying to get a rough idea of how long I'm likely to have to wait for a warranty replacement 3090. I originally bought one of those inno3d ichill X4s at eye-watering cost from OCUK mid-last-week. I figured I didn't mind paying that given:
  • It was in-stock so I could get it straight away
  • I was buying from a reputable retailer and not an eBay scalper
Just my luck, the one I got was faulty/DOA and I had to RMA it. It's verified faulty and OCUK have agreed to replace it but of course now it's out of stock so there's no ETA on the replacement.

The net effect for me is that it's transformed my "pay a premium to buy an in-stock card and have it next day" into a pre-order with no ETA. That's not OCUK's fault of course (they didn't manufacture the bad card). But - I was never particularly interested in pre-ordering & waiting. (Yes, I bet people's hearts bleed for me )

I've been told "I'm at the front of the queue" for the replacement but I have no idea or even a rough guess as to how long it might take. Should I be prepared to wait 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months? Support/returns declined to even give me an indication and directed me to ask here to try and get a feel for it, so here I am.

The reason I ask is that if this is likely to take months I'm more inclined to request a refund on the card rather than wait indefinitely for the replacement. I believe I'd be in my rights to do that if I chose to. I'm not looking for anything precise to hold people to, just a rough indication, like "OCUK seem to get small bundles of stock on average once a fortnight" or something like that.

Cheers

Soldato

I'm trying to get a rough idea of how long I'm likely to have to wait for a warranty replacement 3090. I originally bought one of those inno3d ichill X4s at eye-watering cost from OCUK mid-last-week. I figured I didn't mind paying that given:
Just my luck, the one I got was faulty/DOA and I had to RMA it. It's verified faulty and OCUK have agreed to replace it but of course now it's out of stock so there's no ETA on the replacement.

The net effect for me is that it's transformed my "pay a premium to buy an in-stock card and have it next day" into a pre-order with no ETA. That's not OCUK's fault of course (they didn't manufacture the bad card). But - I was never particularly interested in pre-ordering & waiting. (Yes, I bet people's hearts bleed for me )

I've been told "I'm at the front of the queue" for the replacement but I have no idea or even a rough guess as to how long it might take. Should I be prepared to wait 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months? Support/returns declined to even give me an indication and directed me to ask here to try and get a feel for it, so here I am.

The reason I ask is that if this is likely to take months I'm more inclined to request a refund on the card rather than wait indefinitely for the replacement. I believe I'd be in my rights to do that if I chose to. I'm not looking for anything precise to hold people to, just a rough indication, like "OCUK seem to get small bundles of stock on average once a fortnight" or something like that.

Cheers

You have as much as idea as OCUK does. It seems that they do not know what will be arriving each week and even then, the numbers seem to reduce.
You could ask for an alternative card that is in stock. They could refund what you paid and you order the new one, not ideal but if you want it asap, that is probably your only option.

Associate
Thanks for that, a shame but not surprising I suppose.

I've asked support/returns how long I have before I need to make my mind up as to whether to wait for a replacement or just ask for a full refund. Also for clarification as to whether they will ship me an alternative/equivalent card if one comes into stock before the specific card I ordered.

The ideal scenario (for me) is if I can leave it as long as I can bear. But I'll see what the reply is when it comes in.

Associate
The reason I ask is that if this is likely to take months I'm more inclined to request a refund on the card rather than wait indefinitely for the replacement.

As you've paid nosebleed pricing anyway, might as well get the immediate refund to buy one that is in stock from here or elsewhere. There's no advantage being stuck in an RMA queue for a product that could be weeks away. Your only certainty is the cash, which gives you freedom to select from anywhere. Stock will be virtually non-existant at least until after the LHR variants start shipping with the 3080 Ti release, but will be scarce long after that.

Associate

Cheers

I would request a refund mate. Inno3D have sent very little stock to the UK. Also there customer service is disgusting.

Caporegime

Cheers

What was the price? If it is the same ball park as a good card like the ASUS TUF, ASUS STRIX or Gigabyte models then I would get a refund and get one of those instead. Inno3D are known for being pretty pants.

Associate
Other than colour is the Strix OC white not exactly the same as the Strix OC and if so couldn't they fulfill some of the backdated Strix OC preorders with the white Strix OC variants?
@Gibbo

I know I would be interested, colour is not an issue for me, going bald now and could swear i had hair when i preordered. Lol

Associate
Other than colour is the Strix OC white not exactly the same as the Strix OC and if so couldn't they fulfill some of the backdated Strix OC preorders with the white Strix OC variants?
@Gibbo

I know I would be interested, colour is not an issue for me, going bald now and could swear i had hair when i preordered. Lol

Identical apart from colour of the card , i did wonder if all the normal strix preorders had been cleared when i see these go up for £3000:cry: but seems no people are still waiting :rolleyes: I agree that they should at least be offered to those that have waited this long for a Strix considering other skus are getting upgraded when they come in ( not that i would call a different colour bit of plastic an upgrade ):confused:

Associate
Identical apart from colour of the card , i did wonder if all the normal strix preorders had been cleared when i see these go up for £3000:cry: but seems no people are still waiting :rolleyes: I agree that they should at least be offered to those that have waited this long for a Strix considering other skus are getting upgraded when they come in ( not that i would call a different colour bit of plastic an upgrade ):confused:
Agreed, just hope OCUk feel the same as it wouod be nice if they offered these as an option to those still waiting on a Strix OC being that colour is the only difference.

Shouldn't be an issue as they could still sell the normal colour Strix OC for same price when they get stock.

Associate
It is annoying that I should be feeling elated but am not. I wanted a 3090 with integrated waterblock as I didn't want to get into issues with warranty and that was when I thought I'd be buying at sensible prices. So I never had the chance to feel the pain that the rest of you have had by joining a pre-order queue. I just had to watch and wait to see if they became available. Some were announced and I checked them out and decided that I wanted the Gigabyte one. I saw the ASUS one appear on OC on two occasions and the Inno3D one on three occasions, both priced at about £2.6K. But I decided to wait for the Gigabyte one because it has a slightly higher boost and the block design looks a bit better (although I may be wrong). So I've been waiting and checking sites every day and reading the forums.

Today I saw the comment in this thread that OC have some 3090s in stock so I checked - and was shocked - to see that the one I wanted is in stock. I saw the price but was not surprised - I had expected it to be £3K. Once the shock wore off I went ahead with the purchase but without the sense of excitement and anticipation that I should be feeling at finally getting to build a new PC. Perhaps I am fortunate that I can afford to pay £3K for a GPU but it's really crazy isn't it and it has left a bitter taste. I guess I need to look on the bright side - at least everything else I need to buy now will seem cheap!

Soldato
It is annoying that I should be feeling elated but am not. I wanted a 3090 with integrated waterblock as I didn't want to get into issues with warranty and that was when I thought I'd be buying at sensible prices. So I never had the chance to feel the pain that the rest of you have had by joining a pre-order queue. I just had to watch and wait to see if they became available. Some were announced and I checked them out and decided that I wanted the Gigabyte one. I saw the ASUS one appear on OC on two occasions and the Inno3D one on three occasions, both priced at about £2.6K. But I decided to wait for the Gigabyte one because it has a slightly higher boost and the block design looks a bit better (although I may be wrong). So I've been waiting and checking sites every day and reading the forums.

Today I saw the comment in this thread that OC have some 3090s in stock so I checked - and was shocked - to see that the one I wanted is in stock. I saw the price but was not surprised - I had expected it to be £3K. Once the shock wore off I went ahead with the purchase but without the sense of excitement and anticipation that I should be feeling at finally getting to build a new PC. Perhaps I am fortunate that I can afford to pay £3K for a GPU but it's really crazy isn't it and it has left a bitter taste. I guess I need to look on the bright side - at least everything else I need to buy now will seem cheap!
I'd be ringing the old bill and telling them I've just been robbed!.

Associate
Yeh, unfortunately the Overclocker guys seems to have decided the best way to beat scalpers is to join them, and have cranked up their GPU prices for maximum overdrive profit margins.

Meanwhile the more 'corporate' companies like Currys, are selling cards at RRP. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom