• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Fingers crossed it's not a dream :p

Now I just need a new (bigger) case, new PSU (650W > 850W), replacement thermal pads & about 3 hours to transfer the guts. That's the weekend sorted then! :D

Good stuff :)

I'm all sorted, been sat using a brand new rig, 5950X, 64GB ram....and a 980 Strix for the past 3 months :D:D

Soldato
What are you guys using to get notifications for FE drops - I'm a short way through an unreal course and could really use the extra memory!

I only started looking at FEs at the start of May. Missed the drop 2 weeks ago as I was AFK running a bath for the kids and didn't have my phone with me, and tbh, was having mixed success with the Discord notifications.

So I wrote a quick Java app, about 150 lines long to poll the Nvidia partners API, detect a change specifically in the Purchase link for GB 3090s, and upon change, open up a browser at the right retailer URL, and ping my phone incase I was AFK (which I was).

I specifically targeted 3090s as there was a better historical record of stock availability, and they tended to stay in stock longer due to pricing people out.

Worked first time. Looking at the timings, I beat the discord notifications (even if i'd have seen them) by about 30s. Plenty of time to complete the order and crack open a beer.

It's competitive, you have to get ahead of the pack. If you rely on Discord etc, you're getting the same data at the same time as the masses. Also, get your account prepped. Cards saved, browser ready - be prepared. No last minute panic. People spending months trying to catch FEs aren't trying hard enough ;)

Edit - same approach can be used for any FE, in any region. Although I must say, in the UK the stock is significantly better, and the retailer we have has an excellent site. The mainland EU folk have a different case alltogether - bot, and site crash central.

Last edited:
Associate
I only started looking at FEs at the start of May. Missed the drop 2 weeks ago ....

I specifically targeted 3090s as there was a better historical record of stock availability, and they tended to stay in stock longer due to pricing people out.

Worked first time. Looking at the timings, I beat the discord notifications (even if i'd have seen them) by about 30s. Plenty of time to complete the order and crack open a beer.

It's competitive, you have to get ahead of the pack. If you rely on Discord etc, you're getting the same data at the same time as the masses. Also, get your account prepped. Cards saved, browser ready - be prepared. No last minute panic. People spending months trying to catch FEs aren't trying hard enough ;)

Pretty much the same story as me - except I was busy working the first time and missed the alert for 30 mins. I used the Telegram FE PartAlert group with a really loud notification sound.

Old school broswer driving for me, didn't get round to writing any code. All the rest applies though and I was able to jump through fast enough although my bloody CC got blocked first time round and I had to verify the payment again, despite me ordering from them once before. Bloody bank fraud prevention systems :mad:

Soldato
my bloody CC got blocked first time round and I had to verify the payment again, despite me ordering from them once before. Bloody bank fraud prevention systems :mad:

Yea my card took forever to approve. That's why I messed my delivery option up - earlier in the week I'd registered my card on the site (you have to buy something, and I wanted to avoid using PP) - a 98p cable in my case, which I'd set to collect to avoid a £5 delivery charge. I had no intention of picking it up, but it meant my default delivery option was set to collect from store...which I didn't change when I bought the 3090. Doh!

They can't change delivery options on GFX orders, so driving over to Bolton in my Hazmat suit this afternoon....

Associate
Yea my card took forever to approve. That's why I messed my delivery option up - earlier in the week I'd registered my card on the site (you have to buy something, and I wanted to avoid using PP) - a 98p cable in my case, which I'd set to collect to avoid a £5 delivery charge. I had no intention of picking it up, but it meant my default delivery option was set to collect from store...which I didn't change when I bought the 3090. Doh!

They can't change delivery options on GFX orders, so driving over to Bolton in my Hazmat suit this afternoon....
I had an account anyway, but my CC details are stored on my phone (Android Pay) so I was able to fill that part out with a click thankfully. But then I put the wrong security number in and it got declined so I was in a panic trying to re-do the payment. And then I had to auth the payment via my banking app. Really didn't think I was going to be able to get one.

Associate
Just by way of update and thanks/praise to OCUK, I've got my replacement 3090 last week & it's working great. I certainly put it through its paces over the long weekend.
Thanks to them for managing to turn around a faulty/DOA GPU & get a replacement to me within 11 calendar days of reporting it.

Will certainly recommend in future.

Associate
So I managed to somehow nab a 3090 FE elsewhere. What are people's thoughts on sagging? Are others finding they need to use a bracket?
I havent noticed any sag on mine.
The cooler is so solid, and with it actually mounting into 3x slots, I dont see it being an issue.
If I was moving the PC to another house or something, Id probably remove the card though.

Associate
I havent noticed any sag on mine.
The cooler is so solid, and with it actually mounting into 3x slots, I dont see it being an issue.
If I was moving the PC to another house or something, Id probably remove the card though.

I managed to grab an 3090 FE also but I really want an ASUS 3090/80 ti, Tuf OC. So will be looking for a swap.

In regards to your question. Check out One enjoy Graphics Card GPU Brace Support, on Amazon it works great. Well worth the money.

Associate
I managed to grab an 3090 FE also but I really want an ASUS 3090/80 ti, Tuf OC. So will be looking for a swap.

In regards to your question. Check out One enjoy Graphics Card GPU Brace Support, on Amazon it works great. Well worth the money.

I was looking to grab a Tuf 80 Ti too! Esp at the RRP of £1049... but seems they where vapourware. And next time they come in stock probably be at a much higher price.

Back
Top Bottom