• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Staff
Hi Gibbo, sorry as I haven't been able to find the appropriate information anywhere (new to the forums etc). Have the 3080 TIs been sold yet on OCUK? Also generally speaking for 3080's, 3090's etc I assume there is a massive backlog potentially it will be a long time before the cards become actually purchasable on the website with enough stock?

Thanks!

3080 were never likely to sell, what we get we use to try and upgrade people waiting.
3090 some will go live potentially today but they are now 2.5-3k typically.
3060 some live now, more going live later, around £600

3080Ti is not being sold by us, were building stock up and will then decide what to do with it, no doubt next month, same goes for 3070Ti, were looking at potentially trying to also offer these as upgrades to those waiting on 3080's with us.

Associate
3080 were never likely to sell, what we get we use to try and upgrade people waiting.
3090 some will go live potentially today but they are now 2.5-3k typically.
3060 some live now, more going live later, around £600

3080Ti is not being sold by us, were building stock up and will then decide what to do with it, no doubt next month, same goes for 3070Ti, were looking at potentially trying to also offer these as upgrades to those waiting on 3080's with us.

Thank you for the reply!

Associate
Will putting 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans, below a 3090 FE significantly reduce temps. Cannot find any results. Don't want to waste £50.

Case - Be Quite 500dx
2x 140mm fans at the top - Outtake
1x 140mm fan at the rear - Outtake

Karen Z63 280mm Rad at the from with 2x 140mm fans - Intake

Just trying to find out if adding 2 more Intake fans will help and what temp reduction should I expect.

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Why is the prices on the RTX 3090 so insanely stupid now? People actually pay for these? Was looking to buy one and then saw the price and realised I'm living in clown world now. Is it because of the memory on them being in short supply? Just seems weird how it's so significantly higher than the other cards.

Associate
Why is the prices on the RTX 3090 so insanely stupid now? People actually pay for these? Was looking to buy one and then saw the price and realised I'm living in clown world now. Is it because of the memory on them being in short supply? Just seems weird how it's so significantly higher than the other cards.

Exactly the kind of thing I came on here to write, what a joke... lol

Soldato
Rumours going round that they are going end of line soon too. They have been £2.5k to £3k for a long time now. They are only going to get more expensive soon if they do go EOL. So if you really need one time to grab the last FE drops if there is anymore drops of the 3090FE to come. After that expect the AIBS all to be £3K+ going forward.

3080ti is selling in some places for £2.5k+ so expecting a 3090 for less is not going to happen.

Last edited:
Associate
Will putting 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans, below a 3090 FE significantly reduce temps. Cannot find any results. Don't want to waste £50.

Case - Be Quite 500dx
2x 140mm fans at the top - Outtake
1x 140mm fan at the rear - Outtake

Karen Z63 280mm Rad at the from with 2x 140mm fans - Intake

Just trying to find out if adding 2 more Intake fans will help and what temp reduction should I expect.

Cheers
Before buying new fans, try moving the Z63 to the top of the case (exhaust) and move the two 140mm fans from the top to the front (intake). It'll mean cooler air coming into the case.

Associate
Rumours going round that they are going end of line soon too. They have been £2.5k to £3k for a long time now. They are only going to get more expensive soon if they do go EOL. So if you really need one time to grab the last FE drops if there is anymore drops of the 3090FE to come. After that expect the AIBS all to be £3K+ going forward.

3080ti is selling in some places for £2.5k+ so expecting a 3090 for less is not going to happen.

3090s going EOL? Wasn't that just the blower fan versions being dropped? Do you have link?

On the prices side, £2.5k does seem a bit steep. Doubly gutting when (for example) the NVidia site still quotes the MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio at £1,680, but the Check Availability button brings you to the Overclockers page and it's actually £2600. Ouch. I'd probably bite at closer to £2.2k but it's just that extra £4/600 that puts me off a little/lot.

Soldato
3090s going EOL? Wasn't that just the blower fan versions being dropped? Do you have link?

On the prices side, £2.5k does seem a bit steep. Doubly gutting when (for example) the NVidia site still quotes the MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio at £1,680, but the Check Availability button brings you to the Overclockers page and it's actually £2600. Ouch. I'd probably bite at closer to £2.2k but it's just that extra £4/600 that puts me off a little/lot.

Yes the AIB blower cards were silently put into EOL as Nvidia was not happy they were being used in workstations and servers, where they wanted people to buy their Quadro cards like the A6000.

The 3090 as a whole is now rumored to go EOL and some are even saying the 3080 too. Guessing this is due to Nvidia wanting to keep the good chips for their Quadro range A6000 etc instead of the 3090 and the 3080 clearly is not making them enough money so pushing the bad chips to the 3080Ti and maybe a 3080 super type card to take over the 3080. This is all roumor at the moment but seems to be spoken about more and more recently, who knows what Nvidia will do, maybe just a way to refresh the cards and raise the prices at the same time because a new SKU and kill off the old skus and sending them EOL.

Last edited:
Associate
It's almost impossible to find reviews on the AiBs, not sure how the Palit or PNY cards hold up regarding thermals and sounds in real usage. Highly considering them as they're the only 'decent' prices.

Caporegime
Constantly, these cards are reviewed by a few people that are very amateur in their testing, nothing from any bigger channels that'd compare vs. FE or so.
There are many reviews comparison FE vs AIB cards... but it's not realistic to expect EVERY AIB card to be reviewed vs FE.

There are enough reviews of Palit cards to get an informed opinion as to their quality, which is generally at the bottom rung.

Associate
This is reassuring. Are you in a by position to give us an idea of stock levels or are you keeping that under wraps for now?

Back
Top Bottom