• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Soldato
Now back on topic , if this card is even real, because so far the rumours are coming from the same people that keep changing the specs and names of these cards none stop. So far I think a Titan is coming and if it turns out to be a 3090ti it means they are killing off the 3090 and with these same rumours they are stating no NVLINK which is really strange because these cards are selling like crazy to people building workstations with the use of NVLINK.

Also these new rumours are now saying pcie 5.0 and thats why no NVLINk as the card will do all that threw the PCIE 5.0... LOL come on it would mean a total new chip not the same GA102 that is currently used in 3090,3080ti,3080 and the A-series (quadro class) cards. These chips were not designed for PCIE 5.0 to act as the NVLINK, that's why they have an NVLINK.

All the rumours are rubbish and the 21Gbps memory can already be set to that on a normal 3090, it is basically just downclocked to keep it in their 350w power limit.

Anyways I hope the whole 3090ti thing is rubbish and it turns out to be a Titan for this generation as the Titan drivers will be welcome by some as the studio drivers or game drivers are pretty meeh for some apps that use the Quadro and Titan drivers. Now if it turns out to be a 3090Ti or super duper well Nvidia are just going to milk it then and remove the 3090s and will basically add this sku to raise the prices to match retailer AIB prices of current 3090s, so expect the 3090ti to be £2000-£2500 msrp (MSRP prices based on nvidia's FE pricing not street prices or AIBS). If that happens then expect the 4090FE to start at £2500 next time, 4080Ti FE £1500-£1750, 4080 FE £1150-£1250.

Soldato
Nonsense.

CYBERPUNK 2077: "4K resolution is beyond the reach of modern graphics cards - unless we decide to activate DLSS without ray tracing (more on this later)."

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/rtx-3090-is-not-enough-to-run-cyberpunk-2077-in-4k/zd29b0

If you are spending this amount of money on an RTX card, you are gonna want to use RTX, otherwise, buy a 6900XT, and it sucks at 4K. They literally advertised it with DLSS at 4K to make it seem worthwhile.

Cyberpunk 2077 Can't Be Played at 60FPS With 4K Ultra Settings on Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-60-fps-4k-ultra-nvidia-rtx-3090-not-possible/

Nonsense.. of course... I just make it up /rolleyes.

Soldato
It's a funny thing to witness. Happened with consoles before, and with PC gaming now: gamers are so used to calling upscaled 4K "totally like native 4K" that they've deluded themselves into thinking they're one and the same, hence also their apparent shock when their systems don't perform all that well when actually running games at native 4K.

I guess if you repeat a lie long enough you really do start believing it.

Caporegime
:cry::rolleyes:

Let it beat a 3080ti first in "most situations" even a 3080 makes the 6900xt look silly in "some situations" even with rt and dlss off.

:rolleyes:
Amiga talks the truth Purgatory. Happy to run some benchmarks vs any 3080 TI on the various OCuK benchmark threads if you need some proof. If there is no RT involved, 6900 XT will win more often than not, and sometimes by a large margin depending on the resolution used.

Soldato
^ doubt it will be that expensive given the minor spec bump over the 3090. Maybe USD $2000. With the new 2GB memory modules it may even be cheaper for Nvidia to make but it would be hard to see any such cost reduction, if there were one, passed onto the consumer in the current climate.

Non Ti 3090's are on this site, NOW, for nearly £2.5k this Ti model will be £3k+

Associate
Excellent - another Nvidia card that I have to join a Telegram group to get a notification about, so I can try to respond within 30 seconds to buy, and then watch as the price goes 2x over RRP.

Wonderful.

Associate
Is there a good reason for this card? I thought the 3090 was ridiculous, but a fair few people wanted the extra vRAM for professional reasons and it worked for them, so fair enough. Is there anyone or any use case looking at the TI and thinking, "Thank God"?

V F

V F

Soldato
This will probably come in at around £3000 no doubt :cry:

If it doesn't launch at £3,000, it'll end up there eventually once on shop shelves. Look how the regular 3090 launched at £1,400 - £1,600 then today most of them are between £2,300 - £2,600 with retailers.

To think a time this forum would have laughed at £1,000 graphics cards years ago and now we're pushing £3,000. This is Quadro territory.

Associate
You mean you’re actually considering buying it?

If by 'considering', you mean throwing my hands up in frustration at the inability to choose from a wide range of mid market sensibly priced graphics cards and waiting till my 1080ti dies and just grabbing whatever I can at that point, then yes!

Slightly off topic, I remember your previous thread about your health. Good to see you still with us Rob. Hope you're keeping as well as can be expected.

Caporegime
If by 'considering', you mean throwing my hands up in frustration at the inability to choose from a wide range of mid market sensibly priced graphics cards and waiting till my 1080ti dies and just grabbing whatever I can at that point, then yes!

Slightly off topic, I remember your previous thread about your health. Good to see you still with us Rob. Hope you're keeping as well as can be expected.
Thank you for your kind words. I’m still here and bubbling along nicely thank you.

Back
Top Bottom