• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Associate
If it's £1600 for an FE I'll buy it.

The extra £550 over the 3080ti will be worth it for the salty comments on here

I’m going with minimum of £1700 for a fe and most likely £1800. If they price it at £1600 they might as well discontinue the 3090 now as at these prices you might as well spend £200 to get the 3090ti.

Caporegime
Is there a good reason for this card? I thought the 3090 was ridiculous, but a fair few people wanted the extra vRAM for professional reasons and it worked for them, so fair enough. Is there anyone or any use case looking at the TI and thinking, "Thank God"?

As mentioned above, probably to compete more favourably with the 6900XT. Plus yields have likely improved so this let's them pad the profit margins more by introducing a new price point rather than hiking the 3090 price up.

Soldato
Amiga talks the truth Purgatory. Happy to run some benchmarks vs any 3080 TI on the various OCuK benchmark threads if you need some proof. If there is no RT involved, 6900 XT will win more often than not, and sometimes by a large margin depending on the resolution used.
Nope, with the driver updates 6900 xt is now on top.

Will have to catch up on the latest driver updates for AMD cards and see what is going on. Every review I have read is saying basically the 3080Ti is faster in most cases than a 6900xt, guessing before these driver updates. Now wondering what AMD has done to these drivers before we get another thread stating AMD or Nvidia is cheating in drivers again or reducing image quality, you know them threads I mean.

Man of Honour
@Kaapstad I'd be really interested to hear your opinion on this considering you've had a lot of experience with the high end market :)

3090 Ti will be a pointless card as it will be hardly better than the 3090 which itself struggles to stand apart from the 3080.

Ampere on Samsung is bad, NVidia need to move on and produce something better.

Unfortunately ATM in the GPU market NVidia can get away with producing poor products even if they are the fastest available (Just) and sell them for silly amounts of money.

The 3090 Ti won't be a Titan SKU so a very high price tag can not be justified.

Soldato
3090 Ti will be a pointless card as it will be hardly better than the 3090 which itself struggles to stand apart from the 3080.

Ampere on Samsung is bad, NVidia need to move on and produce something better.

Unfortunately ATM in the GPU market NVidia can get away with producing poor products even if they are the fastest available (Just) and sell them for silly amounts of money.

The 3090 Ti won't be a Titan SKU so a very high price tag can not be justified.

Ampere on a real 7nm node would have been so dope - 40% lower power draw or 50% more cores, take your pick. An RTx3090 with 230w tdp instead of 350w or a 350w tdp 3090 with ga100 full core count. Why not both, a 230w 3090 and a 350w Titan built on GA100 with 30% to 40% higher performance than the 3090

Back
Top Bottom