• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Associate
Can't speak for Anthem as I've never played it, but I'm not surprised it couldn't do 4k in Cyberpunk, my 3080 won't do that either., certainly not native. Not sure if there is much that does?

V F

V F

Soldato
Who was the 3090 series aimed towards? As a lot of 3D modellers, programmers and so on I've watched including some rich indie game developers don't own a 3090.

Caporegime
Who was the 3090 series aimed towards? As a lot of 3D modellers, programmers and so on I've watched including some rich indie game developers don't own a 3090.
People who had more money than sense. And this card will test that belief again. £2k most likely?

V F

V F

Soldato
People who had more money than sense. And this card will test that belief again. £2k most likely?

Yeah but I'm being serious. They said the 24GB was for content creators yet I see many well known people with lots of money in game development who don't own the card. I'm just curious who the target was according to NVIDIA.

Associate
Yeah but I'm being serious. They said the 24GB was for content creators yet I see many well known people with lots of money in game development who don't own the card. I'm just curious who the target was according to NVIDIA.

Mostly academic and scientific use cases such as 3D modelling, big data, DL and AI usage etc. where datasets could go beyond 10Gb, pool a few together with NVlink and unlike SLi you can use all the RAM for training bigger models.

Nvidia was pretty clear on launch it was not really a gaming card though the web bumpf would suggest otherwise but it's cool to game on if you have one right.

Last edited:
Soldato

Target ended up being whoever could afford one for gaming, as 3080's were so hard to get. That and people wanting an Nvidia 3080 or greater performance with more than 10GB VRAM.. Of course 24GB is overkill, though 16GB wasn't possible due to limitations in GDDR6X module density and GPU bus requirements at the time.

Who wanted to go through months of lockdowns using a crappy old GPU? Not many, hence why many opted to pay £1399 for a 3090 if they could get one.

Associate
Who wanted to go through months of lockdowns using a crappy old GPU? Not many, hence why many opted to pay £1399 for a 3090 if they could get one.

That has been me, playing on the crappy card as I don't want to cave to silly prices, I keep missing out on FEs at normal prices, I need to write a bot, course now I am at the stage where I think I should just wait until next gen.

Permabanned
Mostly academic and scientific use cases such as 3D modelling, big data, DL and AI usage etc. where datasets could go beyond 10Gb, pool a few together with NVlink and unlike SLi you can use all the RAM for training bigger models.

Nvidia was pretty clear on launch it was not really a gaming card though the web bumpf would suggest otherwise but it's cool to game on if you have one right.

Ok but, all the AIB 3090s seem to be geared up towards gamers, with all the fancy LEDs and all.

Lets not forget the the 3090 is a great card, fastest card out there, it is the price that's is worrying. If it were 3090s for £950 we might be ok with that.

Soldato
That has been me, playing on the crappy card as I don't want to cave to silly prices, I keep missing out on FEs at normal prices, I need to write a bot, course now I am at the stage where I think I should just wait until next gen.

Use the telegram app to secure a FE card. The 3090's have been very easy to get as they are available for around an hour after a stock drop happens. The 3080's however are gone within seconds/minutes, so have to be fast and have everything ready to pay (logged in to the website, card added, etc etc).

Associate
.....what is telegram....hmmm, perhaps this is key infos

EDIT - Ok what do I have to sign up to on telegram to find all the GPUs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom