• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Soldato
And a paper launch of the RTX 3090Ti today:

• 24GB GDDR6X memory (utilising 21 Gpbs modules)
  • A pretty toasty TDP of 450W (100 more than on the original 3090)
  • 16-pin power connector
  • 1,860MHz clock speed offering as much as 40 TFLOPs of graphical power!

Tflop rating is not the real one. My 3090 already does 43 tflops

Soldato
Associate
yours must be special then since by spec the 3090 is 36 TFlops

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Thats taken from Nv themselves

A good AIB 3090 will surpass 40TFlops as stock ( via boost clock but still ) while when overclocked can get to 45TFlops , obviously a good AIB 3090TI should be able to push past these but at best looking at 5% if that over a 3090. I do wonder how well that stock cooler will be at dealing with 450w as my stock cooler would sit at 82deg when pushed to 480w on my strix ....

stock vs oc on a 3090 aib...

Desktop-Screenshot-2022-01-04-22-04-02-08.png

Soldato
Pointless card and a big Fugde you to all those people still in queue for the other cards using the A102 die.. Thank you nvidia, for showing us that we can count on you being you as always :)

Associate
Just saw the video Jayz 2 Cents put out about the 3090Ti and he's just ****** off about it haha it really does just seem like they don't care about how they look......

Man of Honour
Most comical part about this pointless card is it uses a new 16 pin power connector, just when people were getting used to the new 12 pin connector.

Are NVidia going to start having different power connectors each time they launch a new card?

NVidia always knew they were going to launch a full fat GA102 card so why did they not standardise the power cables in the first place.

Instead of giving us this garbage they could have launched the card on 7nm TSMC silicon which would have been a lot more efficient and faster without the need for custom power connectors. Wait this would have involved them spending some money and hitting profits, this is something NVidia are not going to do.

Soldato
Most comical part about this pointless card is it uses a new 16 pin power connector, just when people were getting used to the new 12 pin connector.

Are NVidia going to start having different power connectors each time they launch a new card?

NVidia always knew they were going to launch a full fat GA102 card so why did they not standardise the power cables in the first place.

Instead of giving us this garbage they could have launched the card on 7nm TSMC silicon which would have been a lot more efficient and faster without the need for custom power connectors. Wait this would have involved them spending some money and hitting profits, this is something NVidia are not going to do.

16 pin is standard for pcie5 as well and PSU manufacturers at ces unveiled new power supplies which come with 16 pin pcie5 outs.

the 12 pin was totally pointless but the 16 pin is standardised and all new power supplies going forward will support it - the single 16 pin can supply up to 600watts to a GPU

Soldato
Based on the current market, Nvidia seem to care only for their investors, knowing there are enough stupid people to keep paying prices beyond belief.

I regret buying any card now...even if it's still the best bargain card go buy.

Man of Honour
16 pin is standard for pcie5 as well and PSU manufacturers at ces unveiled new power supplies which come with 16 pin pcie5 outs.

the 12 pin was totally pointless but the 16 pin is standardised and all new power supplies going forward will support it - the single 16 pin can supply up to 600watts to a GPU

So why did they give us that stupid 12 pin connector when they could have gone straight for the 16 pin one.

This is assuming that NVidia's 16 pin and PCI-E 5.0 16 pin are the same which I don't think will be the case.

Deleted member 76686

D

Deleted member 76686

A large dose of who cares on this launch announcement from me, it'll be largely unavailable and massively overpriced any way.

Back
Top Bottom