• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****NVIDIA GTX 780 IS HERE & IN STOCK - GET ONE TODAY!!**

Caporegime
Ferrari's have never been priced at where the majority could afford one and probably never will be. Top end gpu's on the other hand have been affordable to most gamers with a bit of saving. They probably still are if you save longer but price rises such as $150 on your normal top end card are never gonna go down well with the majority.

Change the record...

Soldato
I would like a Ferrari but the price is just stupid. I think I will pop onto a Ferrari forum and tell them repeatedly how the price of a Ferrari is stupid and they are ripping people off. If people didn't buy them at that 'stupid price', then they would sell them cheaper....

Of course this isn't the same thing but there is other cars to choose from that fit the purpose and pocket.

I think thats abit of a silly comparison... You get a lot of car for the money you're paying not to mention is a worldwide thing that nearly everyone knows about and in some shape or form wants one. Its also something you can show off while driving it around and makes a hell of a sound. The feeling you get from one is beyond anything you could imagine.

Now i dont think a gtx 780 does this lol. No one see's it when its in your case and even when its in a windowed case probably only your mates see it. Then of course we're talking about an extra 30-40fps in some games which lets be honest its not really needed unless usinh multi mons and 3D etc and even then you would probably need 2 in sli.

Not having a dig at you, its just my thoughts there, probs more could be said but meh. Been talking about it for too long and its getting boring.

Soldato
I would like a Ferrari but the price is just stupid. I think I will pop onto a Ferrari forum and tell them repeatedly how the price of a Ferrari is stupid and they are ripping people off. If people didn't buy them at that 'stupid price', then they would sell them cheaper....

Of course this isn't the same thing but there is other cars to choose from that fit the purpose and pocket.

Bad example is bad.

Change the Record :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I think thats abit of a silly comparison... You get a lot of car for the money you're paying not to mention is a worldwide thing that nearly everyone knows about and in some shape or form wants one. Its also something you can show off while driving it around and makes a hell of a sound. The feeling you get from one is beyond anything you could imagine.

Now i dont think a gtx 780 does this lol. No one see's it when its in your case and even when its in a windowed case probably only your mates see it. Then of course we're talking about an extra 30-40fps in some games which lets be honest its not really needed unless usinh multi mons and 3D etc and even then you would probably need 2 in sli.

Not having a dig at you, its just my thoughts there, probs more could be said but meh. Been talking about it for too long and its getting boring.

My Rebuild number ermmm 20???!?!

XSPC 16/10mm Clear Tubing
Mayhems Red Pastel Fluid
Custom Braided Cabling (24pin (Diablo)

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0195-1.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0216-1.jpg
Just changed my mother board to a ASUS ROG Maximus v Gene, absolutely love the layout and colour scheme of this board. Well worth the premium!

DSC_0138-1.jpg

DSC_0137-1.jpg

DSC_0141-1.jpg

Yer, you have a point that no one will see it except your mates and 354,921 people around the internet but a Ferrari, is spotted every where ;)

Soldato

Yer, you have a point that no one will see it except your mates and 354,921 people around the internet but a Ferrari, is spotted every where ;)

Your still popping out bad examples.

That is a Showcase rig, made by someone who likes to spend A LOT of money on a showcase rig.

A GPU is aimed at a MUCH LARGER market than a high priced sports car.

make a better case

Caporegime
Stop trying to justify nvidia's price rises and I may. Your happy to pay these prices as we all know. I on the other hand am not and won't be. Who are you to tell me that my opinion or record should change.

Did I not give you the link to have a dig at Nvidia yesterday? OcUK don't set the prices, this is done by Nvidia. Nvidia do not run or maintain this website or probably have anything to do with it.

The constant whinging is boring but make a stance and tell the people who set the prices. You may get a massive following and Nvidia will listen but a website like this isn't the place to keep derping on like a spoilt brat at Christmas who didn't get his bike.

Please click me to make your stance against Nvidia pricing

Associate
Ferraris are pricey due to entirely different reasons. Regarded as a prestige item that's supposed to display wealth or appreciation for cars, they are rarely driven and usually kept in mint condition in garages. They are constructed using the finest of exotic materials and almost completely hand made. They are produced in limited quantities so high demand unlike graphics cards which are mass manufactured in factories. If they were cheap as normal cars, despite their superior build or whatever, it loses its status symbol. Graphics cards do not work the same way.

Associate
People don't complain about Ferraris and Lamborghinis being expensive because they understand their value. The GTX 780 and Titan on the other hand has caused an uproar precisely cause they're a rip off..

Soldato
Gk-110 is one of the most complex chips ever fabbed it has massive yields. I remember when they were building the Titan supercomputer Nvidia commented that the yield on the chips is killing them financially.

Tbh the price of the 780 @ £550 is about right. A 7970 is around £350 so £200 more for a chip which is considerably more complex than anything before is not bad in reality.

I think Nvidia did no favors calling it the 780 GTX and tbh would have been better with the Titan LE or similar.

Mobster
Soldato
Get the feeling this is a massive dig at nvidia because peoples dole money doesnt quite stretch far enough to get a 780, or this is the AMd forum in full force just having another go. It's boring, if you cant afford one stfu about it.

Soldato
Did I not give you the link to have a dig at Nvidia yesterday? OcUK don't set the prices, this is done by Nvidia. Nvidia do not run or maintain this website or probably have anything to do with it.

The constant whinging is boring but make a stance and tell the people who set the prices. You may get a massive following and Nvidia will listen but a website like this isn't the place to keep derping on like a spoilt brat at Christmas who didn't get his bike.

Please click me to make your stance against Nvidia pricing

Seriously for the last time to try and get you to understand about forums. This is a discussion forum and the op has the cards listed with there prices. So in here we are talking about the cards and there prices. What part of this is not going through your head. I have my point of view and you have yours. You come across as someone rich who doesn't care about pricing at all. Let me tell you most of the world has to care about pricing when it starts to get out of hand.

Mobster
Soldato
Seriously for the last time to try and get you to understand about forums. This is a discussion forum and the op has the cards listed with there prices. So in here we are talking about the cards and there prices. What part of this is not going through your head. I have my point of view and you have yours. You come across as someone rich who doesn't care about pricing at all. Let me tell you most of the world has to care about pricing when it starts to get out of hand.

They are too expensive, we hear, we read from nearly every 2nd post. Do you and everyone else have to bang on about it ? It's BEEN discussed.

Soldato
Gk-110 is one of the most complex chips ever fabbed it has massive yields. I remember when they were building the Titan supercomputer Nvidia commented that the yield on the chips is killing them financially.

Tbh the price of the 780 @ £550 is about right. A 7970 is around £350 so £200 more for a chip which is considerably more complex than anything before is not bad in reality.

I think Nvidia did no favors calling it the 780 GTX and tbh would have been better with the Titan LE or similar.

Tbh the gtx780 is not much bigger than the gtx480/580. It also has 3 smx units disabled comparing to the full part so theres redundancy built in. The gtx580 was the full part and they got it to market at normal pricing. The process should have matured a lot over the amount of time they have had to work with it. With all this in mind I am pretty sure they could have done better with the price.

Caporegime

You come across as someone who isn't the sharpest tool in the box but who am I to judge? Only the other day you was advising someone to buy an AMD card for someone who wanted to play LoL in 3D and because you had read on a forum somewhere that AMD 3D is better than Nvidia, this is the way to go but if you played LoL in 3D on your very snazzy 6870, you would realise that it isn't supported in TriDef. You could have cost the OP money had he listened and he would have had a very disappointed brother (for whom he was buying a 3D card, as it was his birthday).

I couldn't care a hoot what Nvidia or AMD charge and if it is too much for me, I just will not buy. I might even have a moan but I certainly won't keep on about it like a broken record.

Soldato
Tbh the gtx780 is not much bigger than the gtx480/580. It also has 3 smx units disabled comparing to the full part so theres redundancy built in. The gtx580 was the full part and they got it to market at normal pricing. The process should have matured a lot over the amount of time they have had to work with it. With all this in mind I am pretty sure they could have done better with the price.

It's not bigger but has a massive amount more transistors. They also only Fab a single chip and Yields determine what it will become.

I agree the price could be better but I also feel it's not quite as bad as it could have been.

Look at the costing of the GK-110 lineup on OCUK all using the same K20 silicon.

K20 - £3000
Titan - £799
780 GTX -£569

They do not offer the greatest value when compared to the competition but compared to the others in it's family the 780 is superb value. I think comparing something that is hugely more expensive to produce and manufacture is not really a fare comparison in my opinion.

If you are worried about value then you would buy a 7950 or two. But there is a market for people who have no interest in value and want the exotic hardware that is a bit special compared to the rest, This will cost hence why the 780 is around £200 more than the 7970. Performance is not always the key factor in pricing.

Last edited:
Associate
LambChop, people have the right to voice when they think something is off. If you're happy with the prices (or imo, taking anything up the ass that these companies dish out), then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom