• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****NVIDIA GTX 780 IS HERE & IN STOCK - GET ONE TODAY!!**

Associate
I never said there was anything wrong with an i7 3770k, i was just surprised that someone who thinks that ( just because people dont like the price of PC stuff ) that he assumes they cannot afford it and he obviously can, had such a cheap processor.

As I said before, I just get the best for what suits my requirements - I don't go for the absolute best of everything hardware wise, as it would be pointless for me and I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Anyway, also as I said before - I do not have said processor yet, the specs in my sig are planned specs for the moment; they're the most likely, but not final.

Man of Honour
I never said there was anything wrong with an i7 3770k, i was just surprised that someone who thinks that ( just because people dont like the price of PC stuff ) that he assumes they cannot afford it and he obviously can, had such a cheap processor.

I use the 3930k, 3960x and 3970x

Having said that I have thought many times about getting a 3770k or 4770k system when available. The reason being the 3770k is the best CPU for the job when using a single card, there is nothing cheap about it.:)

Soldato
Having said that I have thought many times about getting a 3770k or 4770k system when available. The reason being the 3770k is the best CPU for the job when using a single card, there is nothing cheap about it.:)

Before I say this I should point out that I fully agree there's nothing wrong with the 3770K (in fact the notion the would be anything wrong with the flagship IB i7 is a bit laudable) and that its a great CPU which beats anything AMD have to offer, but its also worth pointing out that the 2700K/3820 are just as good when using a single card.

Soldato
My point only being, Can i afford one, NO, i can afford four 780 gtx or 2 titans. Will i buy one or four, no, I can understand many people getting a 780 on older tech or even a titan.
My 670 does what i want it to do right now so to me and many others it is just not worth it.

Do i want a 780 or a titan, YES, Another 100 quid less and i would have thought it great value for money upgrading my 670.

The fact remains that just because people complain about the price does not mean they cannot afford it.

Soldato
I use the 3930k, 3960x and 3970x

Kaapstad,

I just did not like the way PhysicsMan94 assumed everyone moaning about prices was poor. I should have just carried on playing serious sam 3 instead of speaking up. :)

Man of Honour
Before I say this I should point out that I fully agree there's nothing wrong with the 3770K (in fact the notion the would be anything wrong with the flagship IB i7 is a bit laudable) and that its a great CPU which beats anything AMD have to offer, but its also worth pointing out that the 2700K/3820 are just as good when using a single card.

+1

Associate
I'd rather you didn't try to be patronising thank you, I am doing a Physics degree so I hope you don't make the mistake of assuming that I'm unintelligent with such mannerisms again.

Anyway, the point is that some people have this weird opinion that they're entitled to be able to afford the high end graphics cards that appear in the scenes every year. If you can't afford it, then tough luck. If you think it's too expensive, then that's probably because you can't afford it - and thus, again, tough luck.

We're not all entitled to have everything we want for cheap - nVidia aren't a charity, nor are they a budget retailer; they won't pander to the whims of some who can't afford their graphics cards.

Physics degree and? Try to show that you understand in your comments instead of waving irrelevant information.

Man of Honour
Kaapstad,

I just did not like the way PhysicsMan94 assumed everyone moaning about prices was poor. I should have just carried on playing serious sam 3 instead of speaking up. :)

I have no problem with what you are saying.:)

If you have something to say you should always speak up. People being controversial is a good thing, without them we would find it hard to make progress.:)

Soldato
Now you're making no sense at all. I shall leave this thread before it gets dragged down further by pointless nonsense.

The issue is that the cards are getting too expensive, the price is outstripping the performance.

bringing up what degree you are doing actually tells us that you think you are a know it all. I have a degree in robotics but i don't go around shouting about it

Soldato
The issue is that the cards are getting too expensive, the price is outstripping the performance.

bringing up what degree you are doing actually tells us that you think you are a know it all. I have a degree in robotics but i don't go around shouting about it

Degree in robotics that sounds awesome, start building those mechs:D

Soldato
Robot wars, Its Sad but i'd love to build a little killer robot.

Anyway Roll on price drops for the 780 or are many people still buying them. From the looks of the forum not as many people bought 780's as they did titans.

Soldato
Well I'm pretty sure if Nvidia get away with this pricing for a stock 780 and therefore this is the way future gpu's prices are going then my 7950 will be my last graphics card. The Xbox One is now looking pretty good, Microsoft must be having a quiet chuckle to themselves. I would say top end Pc gaming is now solely for the rich. Makes me realise what a fantastic buy my 7950 was for £235. Of course we are now relying on Amd to come back at Nvidia with a 780 destroyer for £350. :)

Mmm.... going to Usa tomorrow will have a look at pricing when I'm there.....might as well have a wee look. ;)

Well back from California, jesus what a state of extremes, colder in San Francisco than Scotland, then 105F in Palm Springs and then I'm standing 9000ft up a mountain enjoying the view and silence in the wilderness and who comes round the corner but a scots guy who lives just up the road WTF!

Anyway on topic, 780 was 629.99 + tax (9.75% in CA) so about £462 give or take to a Californian, bloody cheaper than here anyway. Didn't get one bought a Nook HD+ instead LOL. :D

Back
Top Bottom