• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Permabanned
All this RTX hate is just an excuse to bash Nvidia. It's coming. As soon as the consoles launch we will be in the RT age proper.

AMD will have RT GPU's. The consoles will have RT and the 3000 series will no doubt improve the current RTX performance.

I imagine 2021 will be full of games supporting RT technology.

So bashing Nvidia for essentially delivering it early... and trying to capitalise on it is really just a way of justifying not purchasing a new card.

You're all be singing a different tune whilst we all have RT hardware.

I don't see any hate towards RTX. That's a very immature stance. What you will find though is that the performance of RTX does not live up to the expectations or for many the price tag. The RTX part of the 2000 series has been awful.

Soldato
Does anyone know if these new cards will be compatible with the freesync on my 2018 qled 55" samsung TV.

Or is there anyway of getting freesync to work on my gtx 1080 via hdmi.

I know Nvidia have enabled freesync on most monitors but still nothing for the hdmi apart from the new lg models.

Associate
Soldato
opps wrong thread...
------------------
I do wonder though if partners would have full water blocks available near release as well.

FE or reference then yes it’s very likely. Usually EK have them available for purchase/preorder on release date. With them being available either straight away or within a few weeks or release.

AIB cards usually are months of waiting which is why I always just tend to go for FE.

bru

bru

Soldato
Ok just spitballing here, if the 8192 cuda core count for the top chip is correct, then even though that is for the HPC compute part, it gives us a starting point.
So the Ampere Titan would be a few cores down on that, and the **70 just over half, if they follow similar patterns to what they have done before.
So we could be looking at a **70 card with 4000+ish cores plus any architectural improvements.
That could be a good bit faster than the currant RTX Titan.

I do get the feeling that potential competition form AMD will make NVidia push the boat out. This next wave of cards are going to be a bit special I reckon.

Soldato
Ok just spitballing here, if the 8192 cuda core count for the top chip is correct, then even though that is for the HPC compute part, it gives us a starting point.
So the Ampere Titan would be a few cores down on that, and the **70 just over half, if they follow similar patterns to what they have done before.
So we could be looking at a **70 card with 4000+ish cores plus any architectural improvements.
That could be a good bit faster than the currant RTX Titan.

I do get the feeling that potential competition form AMD will make NVidia push the boat out. This next wave of cards are going to be a bit special I reckon.

Depending on price I hope they are something special would be great to see nvidia give it’s customers a good FPS boost in there game with rtx on .

Caporegime
OP
GTC Webcast cancelled.

NVIDIA has once again changed its plans for this year’s GTC 2020. The first announcement was that the event will be shifted into an online webcast, where NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang would provide an opening keynote. The plans have changed once again.

NVIDIA will issue news announcements that have been planed to be shared in the keynote, a keynote that now has been canceled.

It is for sure an interesting decision by NVIDIA, considering the importance of GTC keynotes for the company and Jensen himself.

NVIDIA will also host an investor call right after the news announcement. See the press release below for more details.

Press release:

NVIDIA today announced that, in light of the spread of the coronavirus, it is deferring plans to deliver a webcast keynote as part of the digital version of its GPU Technology Conference later this month.

The company will, instead, issue on Tuesday, March 24, news announcements that had been scheduled to be shared in the keynote. This will be followed by an investor call with NVIDIA founder and Chief Executive Officer Jensen Huang, which will be accessible to other listeners.

The call will begin at 8am Pacific time and will be accessible at investor.nvidia.com.

NVIDIA had initially planned to host its 11th annual GTC on March 22-26 at the San Jose Convention Center, with an anticipated audience of 10,000. Amid the worsening coronavirus situation, the company said earlier this month that it was shifting much of the conference to its digital platform.

The company believes that continuing public health uncertainties would challenge its ability to produce and deliver a digital keynote.

Other components of GTC Digital will still take place, including live webinars, recorded talks and panels, research posters, trainings, and Connect with Experts sessions available starting Wednesday, March 25. More details will be provided in the coming days.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-to-share-gtc-news-on-march-24-cancels-plans-for-a-webcast

Back
Top Bottom