• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Surprised RDR2 benchmarks showing that kind of performance, i thought recommended spec was a 1060 card? Must be for 1080p medium settings i guess. If this is a sign of things to come with demanding games, then RIP 4k gamers, glad I'm at 1440p.

Still going to wait for next series cards. No chance buying any current card now.

Soldato
Think I may just get a 2080ti if there's a good enough Black Friday deal, which I suspect there will be if the rumour is true as they'll be wanting to shift the old stock. I don't want to wait another year before upgrading

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Surprised RDR2 benchmarks showing that kind of performance, i thought recommended spec was a 1060 card? Must be for 1080p medium settings i guess. If this is a sign of things to come with demanding games, then RIP 4k gamers, glad I'm at 1440p.

Still going to wait for next series cards. No chance buying any current card now.
No big deal, can just use in game resolution scaling on the few demand games if need be, so best of both worlds ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Think I may just get a 2080ti if there's a good enough Black Friday deal, which I suspect there will be if the rumour is true as they'll be wanting to shift the old stock. I don't want to wait another year before upgrading
Yeah. Understandable.

But then if this rumour turns out to be more wccftech fake news and it comes out in a few months you will be like :eek::(

Soldato
Lol yeah probably but its difficult to know what to do with rumours like this. If I can sell my 1080ti for around the £450 they're currently worth and can get a 2080ti sub £900 like the zotac card I've not had such a massive outlay I guess.

Permabanned
But then if this rumour turns out to be more wccftech fake news

Will Turing's successor core be introduced in 2021? NVIDIA GPU roadmap
"In other words, the successor core for Turing for consumers is not taped out at least at the present time. The timing for this to come out is probably 2020."
https://ascii.jp/elem/000/001/968/1968798/index-3.html

Nvidia CEO: No next-gen GeForce GPUs for a 'long time,'
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3278095/no-geforce-gpus-g-sync-bfgds-nvidia.html

Back in June 2018, nvidia's CEO said that. In September 2018 nvidia released Turing.

So, obviously, what he meant was the generation after Turing, as of June 2018.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, so leather jacket man said now new Gpu's for a long time and then a few months later released Turing. These are all likely tactics to get people to buy old Turing stock.

If you even remember they released a 1070 Ti not long before Turing and people were like Turing is far away because Jensen said...

Going to hedge my bet with a PS4 Pro as I want to play Final Fantasy 7 anyways. If Ampere comes out before Cyberpunk 2077 then I will play on PC, if not then on PS4 Pro :)

Permabanned
Yeah, so leather jacket man said now new Gpu's for a long time and then a few months later released Turing. These are all likely tactics to get people to buy old Turing stock.

I don't think it's any tactics. I guess he simply got bored why he had been asked about next-gen products, which they normally don't comment on...
Because the public didn't know that Turing was coming in just 2-3 months, and the next gen wouldn't be coming for many years...

Soldato
It's anyone considering Stadia as an alternative to Nvidia's £2k GPUs?

LOL! No way.

When DF did their first hands on review it showed 1080p on a 200Mb connection and pretty a poor test. Will be interesting to see more reviews and real world results, but it's looking poor and way too soon.

Also, not that nVidia are the best company in the world, but **** Google.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't think it's any tactics. I guess he simply got bored why he had been asked about next-gen products, which they normally don't comment on...
Because the public didn't know that Turing was coming in just 2-3 months, and the next gen wouldn't be coming for many years...
Your call, I am pretty sure it was. The whole reason they don't comment on product release dates is so people keep buying up the old stock. The more we think the new release is far away when in fact it is not, the better for them as many will give in and upgrade so they get rid of old stock.

Permabanned
Your call, I am pretty sure it was. The whole reason they don't comment on product release dates is so people keep buying up the old stock. The more we think the new release is far away when in fact it is not, the better for them as many will give in and upgrade so they get rid of old stock.

Nah, the investors should be getting information, regardless.
The thing is that previously nvidia used to present some roadmaps.
Now, Ampere doesn't participate in any publicly available roadmaps.
This points to severe engineering issues with the future shrinks..

Roadmap.png

bru

bru

Soldato
That ampere is going H1 is also a rumour, people acting like it's set in stone.
Exactly, wccftech themselves posted the rumour about NVidia sampling Ampere to AIB's only a few days ago, they cannot both be correct. Unless of course sampling one is the smaller die 3080/70's and the delayed is the larger 3080ti die cards.

Who knows it's all conjecture and rumour at this point. Only time will tell.

Permabanned
Exactly, wccftech themselves posted the rumour about NVidia sampling Ampere to AIB's only a few days ago, they cannot both be correct. Unless of course sampling one is the smaller die 3080/70's and the delayed is the larger 3080ti die cards.

Who knows it's all conjecture and rumour at this point. Only time will tell.

They didn't provide any link for source and confirmation in that article - https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ampere-...higher-clocks-more-vram-lower-tdps-vs-turing/
Everything in it is made-up in the best case by educated guess. Mostly BS.

Soldato
They are just parroting whatever rumors they can find. They are just as clueless as we are.
They didn't provide any link for source and confirmation in that article - https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ampere-...higher-clocks-more-vram-lower-tdps-vs-turing/
Everything in it is made-up in the best case by educated guess. Mostly BS.

Rumors are cards are being readied, it's only the actual launch that is being delayed?

Turing got off to a slow start in sales. Due to pricing etc.

Nvidia most likely want to make sure they milk as much as possible before their next launch of cards. If AMD have nothing to counter 2080 S / 2080 Ti for a long time, then this makes total sense.

Nvidia's next lot of cards look set to be a massive upgrade, and will shift price / performance. I can totally see them not launching soon.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nah, the investors should be getting information, regardless.
The thing is that previously nvidia used to present some roadmaps.
Now, Ampere doesn't participate in any publicly available roadmaps.
This points to severe engineering issues with the future shrinks..
We'll see.

According to your analysis AMD would not be getting a 12 core CPU also, and we all know how that turned out. Maybe when the 3000 series comes out in first half of 2020 I will stick this quote in my sig lol :p

Back
Top Bottom