• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Exactly, they're a *major* nVidia partner and if something were coming soon I doubt they'd be releasing new Ti models.

I reckon we're gonna get another 2yr architecture cycle again tbh.

they only need a few new rich people to decide to get into PC gaming to sell these. Or a few less clued up pc gamers to come into some money.

Permabanned
Lol, hear the same every year like a broken record after a new launch which is nothing special, next time we will build a Nvidia killer. :p

Navi 10 is a small chip, only 250 sq.mm. There is opportunity for it to grow to 550 sq.mm in which case it will have 100% more shaders, and with some architectural improvements of RDNA 2 which on their own can be around 25%, that should be a card with the performance of RTX 2080 Ti SLi..

I hope we hear something soon. I really don’t want to spend a grand on a 2080Ti as it’s on the verge of old tech now. Unless we hear something, I’d probably be tempted by a (rumoured) 2080Ti super, although technically, that would still be old tech.

I wonder how many 2080Ti’s Nvidia are shifting now. Companies like Asus are still bringing out £1500 cards so the demand must still be there.

We've already heard by nvidia that they would stay on 12nm, and from other sources, that some of the GA chips were cancelled.
We also heard that the Samsung 7nm yield is too low.

Permabanned
What does that have to do with it, they are beating AMD now on a larger process, if it does end up 7nm (there was an announcement the other day, posted in 2 threads here) it will be even faster.

Associate
Where does 4k8k this info from? RTX2080 TI SLI performance? Having seen all the nonsense he comes up which half the time is dangerously ill advising people, sources should be provided (or be banned as per most other forums).

And a troll list on a sig? Irony overload...

Permabanned
Where does 4k8k this info from? RTX2080 TI SLI performance? Having seen all the nonsense he comes up which half the time is dangerously ill advising people, sources should be provided (or be banned as per most other forums).

And a troll list on a sig? Irony overload...

I think people like you should be banned because your misinformation hurts the business of OCUK. They offer power supplies with 3 years warranty from Kolink and you claim it's "garbage"? How is that not misleading? Aren't you paid by someone else?

Associate
I think people like you should be banned because your misinformation hurts the business of OCUK. They offer power supplies with 3 years warranty from Kolink and you claim it's "garbage"? How is that not misleading? Aren't you paid by someone else?

Eh? What are you even talking about? Serious question, are you on medication?

Can't ever recall commenting on a kolink psu, but then on the other hand I'd never advise or recommend a psu with a 3 year warranty.

Permabanned
Eh? What are you even talking about? Serious question, are you on medication?

Can't ever recall commenting on a kolink psu, but then on the other hand I'd never advise or recommend a psu with a 3 year warranty.

This shows very serious not understanding of the PSU market and the overall share of budget PSUs.
@Gibbo may tell us how many Kolink PSUs they sell and their return rate. It should be 1%.

The RTX 2080 Ti SLi comes from how fast that RTX 2080 Ti is only 30% faster than RX 5700 XT, and that 100% shaders plus 25% more performance per shader would equal at least 80% higher performance than the normal RX 5700 XT.

Associate
So you tag OCUK owners to reinforce the non point that bears no relevance to anything? Where is this kolink psu talk coming from? Can you provide some context, because you're literally just rambling like an insane person. So again, what has a kolink psu got to do with anything?

AMD won't compete with big navi, if they somehow manage to match the 2080ti then nvidia will simply release a better card. AMD won't be competing at high ends for some time if history is any indication.

Permabanned
So you tag OCUK owners to reinforce the non point that bears no relevance to anything? Where is this kolink psu talk coming from? Can you provide some context, because you're literally just rambling like an insane person. So again, what has a kolink psu got to do with anything?

AMD won't compete with big navi, if they somehow manage to match the 2080ti then nvidia will simply release a better card. AMD won't be competing at high ends for some time if history is any indication.

Look:

The Kolink PSU suggested by the same user is garbage also

and then you say:

Having seen all the nonsense he comes up which half the time is dangerously ill advising people

I said:

I think people like you should be banned...

When did AMD tell you that they won't compete with Big Navi? If they won't compete, what would its purpose be?

Last edited:
Associate
Ah right, so I didn't say they are garbage, that's something you just fabricated. Im guessing you recommended a low tier psu for a high end build, scoured Google for some outlier comment where someone's mates, cousins, roommates friend ran one with quad 2080s for a week... you know, the usual schtick.

Calling out your terrible advice you feel should be a ban offense? I think misinformation and terrible advice using obscure 1 off Google finds as if to prove a point is actually worse. You're pretty toxic to this forum, but I won't say I want to see you banned, I actually find it fascinating that someone can be corrected and proven incorrect with such regularity and keep continuing to spout complete and utter nonsense with such conviction and confidence.

Soldato
What do you mean by losing the benefits?

A 4k monitor at 32" is 137 ppi, a 27" 1440p monitor is 108, if you start going higher on inches then the dots per inch goes down and you start having to sit further away from the screen to get the same effect and as you sit further away you lose the benefit of having gotten a bigger screen in the first place (unless sitting further away was the point)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Badge of honour!!!!

:D

Tbf I must have been on it for quite a bit, I called out this moron a fair while back now ;)
His sig is rather new, the names are in alphabetical order. Hard to say if it was ranked who would be in pole position, but I get the feeling I would at least be on the podium :p

Back
Top Bottom