• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Ah right, so I didn't say they are garbage, that's something you just fabricated. Im guessing you recommended a low tier psu for a high end build, scoured Google for some outlier comment where someone's mates, cousins, roommates friend ran one with quad 2080s for a week... you know, the usual schtick.

Calling out your terrible advice you feel should be a ban offense? I think misinformation and terrible advice using obscure 1 off Google finds as if to prove a point is actually worse. You're pretty toxic to this forum, but I won't say I want to see you banned, I actually find it fascinating that someone can be corrected and proven incorrect with such regularity and keep continuing to spout complete and utter nonsense with such conviction and confidence.

He quoted me from a post in another thread, in which he recommended a Konlink 700W classic power bronze:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/600-800-max-gaming-pc-build-advice-needed.18872238/

He also recommended a mobo with poor VRM's compared to similarly priced options.

Not sure why he's quoting me then responding to you, but oh well.

I would be wary of running an office PC on one of those Kolink PSU's, and I'll stand by what I said about them. Even the their higher tier units have average performance at best, and all of them have ridiculously short warranties.

Soldato
I think people like you should be banned because your misinformation hurts the business of OCUK. They offer power supplies with 3 years warranty from Kolink and you claim it's "garbage"? How is that not misleading? Aren't you paid by someone else?

@TNA See!!! I told you, It's an OCUK Chatbot :p Except it seems to be malfunctioning. Well, malfunctioning worse than usual. Now 4K8K is quoting the wrong people and going off on random tangents. Might need a power supply change :D

I actually find it fascinating that someone can be corrected and proven incorrect with such regularity and keep continuing to spout complete and utter nonsense with such conviction and confidence.

Listen, and understand. That 4K8K is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brain dead.

I hope TNA doesn't mind me using his Terminator quote. :D

Soldato
A 4k monitor at 32" is 137 ppi, a 27" 1440p monitor is 108, if you start going higher on inches then the dots per inch goes down and you start having to sit further away from the screen to get the same effect and as you sit further away you lose the benefit of having gotten a bigger screen in the first place (unless sitting further away was the point)

I sit close to a 40” 4K screen.

If you always wanted a 40” screen or bigger then you lose out by taking a 32” 4K screen.

It’s a confusing thing to say...don’t buy a 4K screen bigger than 32”

it’s like saying a >32” 16:9 monitor is pointless.

Caporegime

If you always wanted a 40” screen or bigger then you lose out by taking a 32” 4K screen.

This is where we all differ I guess. I would love to use my OLED LG 55" as a monitor and it looks amazing when I put my PC on it but sadly, my gaming space doesn't quite have the room for one, or I would have another OLED for gaming. I use a 34" UW 3440x1440 monitor for gaming and generally my head is 4ft away when gaming and I do find that a sweet pic. Some people sit close, some further away and of course PPI is the major factor of any screen.

Soldato

Your close and my close might be quite a bit different, if I had a 40 inch screen as close I have my 27" 1440 then the dpi would be the same and it'd be so close i wouldnt be able to see half of it, so for me it would be a complete waste of GPU resources

Last edited:
Associate
He quoted me from a post in another thread, in which he recommended a Konlink 700W classic power bronze:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/600-800-max-gaming-pc-build-advice-needed.18872238/

He also recommended a mobo with poor VRM's compared to similarly priced options.

Not sure why he's quoting me then responding to you, but oh well.

I would be wary of running an office PC on one of those Kolink PSU's, and I'll stand by what I said about them. Even the their higher tier units have average performance at best, and all of them have ridiculously short warranties.

Ah okay, I'd say that makes sense, but it still doesn't, then again nothing this guy puts on here makes much sense. This psu stuff was completely out of left field...

So to summarise: doesn't own a PC, doesn't build PC's, advises on matters he has no experience of/in, gets called out for terrible and irresponsible advice, gets the hump, calls people's trolls, demands they are banned, goes full victim mode. I think I'll stick him on ignore from this point, as I don't want to engage with someone with such a fragile mental state. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

Soldato
Ah okay, I'd say that makes sense, but it still doesn't, then again nothing this guy puts on here makes much sense. This psu stuff was completely out of left field...

So to summarise: doesn't own a PC, doesn't build PC's, advises on matters he has no experience of/in, gets called out for terrible and irresponsible advice, gets the hump, calls people's trolls, demands they are banned, goes full victim mode. I think I'll stick him on ignore from this point, as I don't want to engage with someone with such a fragile mental state. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

For all I signed up ages ago I've only been posting here regularly for a few months, but my experiences with him have been more and more surreal during that short period.

Very, very odd.

Soldato
For all I signed up ages ago I've only been posting here regularly for a few months, but my experiences with him have been more and more surreal during that short period.

Very, very odd.
At the Ryzen 3000 launch he instantly flipped into a rabid AMD hater posting increasingly-insane drivel and it's gotten worse since then. it's almost like he had some kind of psychotic break, and there was a point I was legitimately concerned about him.

Poor bunny :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@TNA See!!! I told you, It's an OCUK Chatbot :p Except it seems to be malfunctioning. Well, malfunctioning worse than usual. Now 4K8K is quoting the wrong people and going off on random tangents. Might need a power supply change :D

Hahahahaha :D

Listen, and understand. That 4K8K is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brain dead.

I hope TNA doesn't mind me using his Terminator quote. :D

No problem at all. You should stick it in your sig. I am half tempted to myself :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is where we all differ I guess. I would love to use my OLED LG 55" as a monitor and it looks amazing when I put my PC on it but sadly, my gaming space doesn't quite have the room for one, or I would have another OLED for gaming. I use a 34" UW 3440x1440 monitor for gaming and generally my head is 4ft away when gaming and I do find that a sweet pic. Some people sit close, some further away and of course PPI is the major factor of any screen.
4ft??? I sit closer to 1ft away, 2ft is the furthest I think I have ever sat away from my monitor. I guess this is why I enjoy 4K and have done for over 5 years now as a monitor where as others would say they cannot tell the difference which I used to find puzzling. I used to assume people sat no more than 2ft away from their monitors :o:p

Associate
Maybe more news around that time but not cards. Since I got my new PC I'm now checking this forum more :) It'll be interesting to see how much Nvidia boost RTX by, I think it'll be more than the standard 30% gains we tend to see per generation, but that won't translate into more fps with RTX on, it'll still take a hit, I'm just hoping it's far less then it currently takes.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Is it not time to ignore him and move on?

Disappointed about the distinct lack of credible rumours regarding Ampere. :(

Back
Top Bottom