• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Nope. 3080 should be markedly better in all aspects than the 2080Ti.

3060 or 3070 at most should be 2080Ti level.

I get what your saying and this true round it could happen due to the new console generation but still £750 for 2080ti level performance with double RT isn't terrible when compared to today's prices.

Don't get me wrong £750 is still ab lot more than I should ever pay for a GPU but it isn't £1200 that the 2080ti currently retails for.

Soldato
I get what your saying and this true round it could happen due to the new console generation but still £750 for 2080ti level performance with double RT isn't terrible when compared to today's prices.

Don't get me wrong £750 is still ab lot more than I should ever pay for a GPU but it isn't £1200 that the 2080ti currently retails for.

The 2080ti would have been an average generational improvement at the 1080ti's price point.

2080ti performance should have been $700 years ago. Now, even more time has passed and another 30% at the same price point would be simply "acceptable".

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

2080Ti was never worth that in the first place though? Honestly, if most think like you Nvidia really do have us by the balls. Unless AMD really bring it Nvidia can do the minimum and people still seem happy throw their money at them. Sad :(

Soldato
50c12b7a42983e17389ebdb6ae5e8b169988a3ec2d56912c27e1550c0b248fe3.gif

Caporegime
Its not "important" in anyway? Its just as bit of graphical candy.
Lets agree to disagree rather How is the goal of creating vastly improved lighting in games "not important" to visuals and immersiveness? Improved lighting is one of the most, if not the most, important visual steps in making games look more realistic and true to life. So far it has been limited by the poor adoption and performance of Turing, but with Ampere and RT-enabled consoles arriving it will finally start to take off and be developed properly. In a few years game visuals should dramatically improve as a result of this.

Permabanned
Lets agree to disagree rather How is the goal of creating vastly improved lighting in games "not important" to visuals and immersiveness? Improved lighting is one of the most, if not the most, important visual steps in making games look more realistic and true to life. So far it has been limited by the poor adoption and performance of Turing, but with Ampere and RT-enabled consoles arriving it will finally start to take off and be developed properly. In a few years game visuals should dramatically improve as a result of this.

Might change in a few years but at the moment, not bothered. :)

Back
Top Bottom