1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA Next Generation ‘Ampere’ 7nm Graphics Cards

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LoadsaMoney, Oct 4, 2019.

1. JediFragger

Capodecina

Or 'Blinker' ;) :D

2. chaparral

Capodecina

Most likely was from someone on here

Even in November 2019 & December 2019 i had some members on here telling me i be crazy buying a 20 series as the 30 series is getting released very soon :rolleyes:
    I wasted about 4 months before buying one in march due to listening to this crap

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  3. The Old School Gamer

Hitman

It's a matter of perspective I guess, some people can be so impatient when it comes to upgrades.
    Ultimately I prefer to buy near the beginning of a product life cycle rather than near the end of one. (Unless you are discount hunting).
    I find you suffer less buyers remorse that way.

4. TNA

Capodecina

+1

With second hand prices being not far of brand new prices these days and cards at the end of their cycle keeping value all the way until replaced, it makes a lot more sense buying at the start of a graphics card life cycle.

5. scubes

Wise Guy

I’m using the 1200 superflower excellent .

6. BigBANGtheory

Wise Guy

It’s probably 2 months away, but he’s likely to be right about the price Turing value should be starting to fall now

7. XeNoNF50

Wise Guy

2 months is optimistic!

Fact of the matter is that the value hasn't dropped. Don't think any seller would agree to factor in 3000 series being 3-4 months away when pricing for new GPUs aren't even doing that.

8. Quartz

Capodecina

We're sort-of-tracking 2018 where Turing was revealed early in the year and the gaming GPU followed in late August.

9. BassHead

Associate

What are peoples thoughts on buying used GPU's? How often do they fail or have problems? considering buying something used to tide me over until the next gens come out.

10. chaparral

Capodecina

Some people may call it impatient but i would call it wasting many months of my life waiting around for the latest thing to come out

If am not happy playing my games with the low FPS i was getting there no way am going to wait around for about 12 months to upgrade just to try save a few hundred quit..

11. Wrinkly

Wise Guy

I got a 9800 PRO back then, fantastic card. Next CPU will almost certainly be AMD. I'll see what offers the best fetures before I decide on GPU, be that AMD, Intel or Nvidia. It's never a good idea to limit your own choice.

12. keyser

Hitman

I've never had a GPU fail on me. It just comes down to GPU failure rate - it's pretty low. I had a second hand 1070 for 18 months, thats the only second hand PC part I've bought, no issues. Resold it recently, just wrap it in an anti-static bag+airbags etc.

13. FoxEye

Capodecina

I've had two or three die on me. The first was an ATI Radeon 9000 years and years and years ago. Failed fairly soon after I bought it.

The third I attacked with a hoover and destroyed by sheer force of idiocy :p Also AMD/ATI, but not exactly their fault ;)

14. Jimmy Weirdarms

Hitman

Try to get one with a bit of warranty left if you can, but we're out of the mining craze days so you're a lot less likely now to get one that's been thrashed to hell 24/7 than, say, two years ago.

15. willhub

Capodecina

Well I've just sold my RTX 2070S for 426 quid.

Bring on XBOX Series X, PS4, Big Navi, RTX 30, I'm in the market for whichever will be best now

16. BigBANGtheory

Wise Guy

They tend to be over priced is my experience because people seem to forget about warranty and risk which pushes the prices artificially high. Good for sellers though, but they also have to deal with BS, returns and people trying to rip them off with auction sites favouring the side of buyers of seller usually so if the price is high the sale is fragile unless you know/trust one another.

17. chaparral

Capodecina

I say the PS4 as it the only one available right now :p

18. BigBANGtheory

Wise Guy

2 months for an announment, not the release that puts us into mid-August feels about right. Value is dropping because people are waking up to the news and rumour noise which is starting to solidify now. I wonder what OCuK will do with all their 2080Ti stock?

19. Cooper

Mobster

Increase the prices, probably.

I mean, they have 9900KS CPU's on sale at the bargain price of £1500.

20. chaparral

Capodecina