• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
I haven’t had any issues with my 5700XT since they fixed the drivers at the end of Feb. I had one dodgy driver package and that was when they decided to do a big release at Christmas.

350 gaming hours now clocked since they fixed the drivers
and no driver problems.
I'm happy to hear that, but you not having any problems does not mean AMD driver problems don't exist. AMD driver problems exist.

Man of Honour
Weren't there rumours that these new nvidia cards would be hitting 2.5ghz? If that's the case and the card there has 25% left in the tank, it'd still be a good jump even if it's the 3090, no?

If there is anything to the leak software that hasn't been updated for the GPUs generally can't accurately determine core or memory speeds and at best often report the base clock rather than boost.

Caporegime
I think a lot of that still on both sides is user error. Rare to see anyone admit to that!
Yeah, lets gaslight people and say it's their fault because that is always the best approach. I'm sure the various members in the 5700XT thread who have had problems would love to hear more from you about that. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Weren't there rumours that these new nvidia cards would be hitting 2.5ghz? If that's the case and the card there has 25% left in the tank, it'd still be a good jump even if it's the 3090, no?
True, the clock speed does seem a bit low. An engineering sample clocked conservatively to hide the true performance?
Alternatively, another rumour to add to the others :p

Caporegime

Well, yes it would be if this test sample is clocked really low.

The whole "it is just a test sample at low clock" thing rarely seems to be the case though.

Soldato
Let's just say that geeks like us don't like being told we are doing anything wrong and leave it at that.

After going through $$$$$ worth of AMD and Nvidia hardware over the past 25 years, I think AMD have the upper hand on the software suite just now but that's just my opinion.

Caporegime
Let's just say that geeks like us don't like being told we are doing anything wrong and leave it at that.

What are you 'doing wrong' if you are just installing the latest drivers and a card is throwing a wobbler? Why should it be some tweaknig misson simply to get a card to work smoothly?

After going through $$$$$ worth of AMD and Nvidia hardware over the past 25 years, I think AMD have the upper hand on the software suite just now but that's just my opinion.

Opinions are fine if you qualify them. What's better about the AMD software in your view?

Soldato
What are you 'doing wrong' if you are just installing the latest drivers and a card is throwing a wobbler? Why should it be some tweaknig misson simply to get a card to work smoothly?

Opinions are fine if you qualify them. What's better about the AMD software in your view?
Adrenaline is modern has everything that afterburner has built into it and all the streaming and recording, plus all the geforce experience stuff and doesn't look like Windows 95 like nvidias

And many people will just swap their nvidia old card for an amd without deleting the old drivers first causing issues such as black screen, no wake on sleep etc

Soldato
I think you are referring to RDNA 2. Those rumours being based off the fact that the PS5 can hit 2.3GHZ

Soldato

• More modern and feature rich interface.
  • No need to run external 3rd party software to access overclocking, undervolting and custom fan profiles
  • Built in overlay to show GPU temperatures, fan speeds, FPS, GPU and VRAM utilisation etc.

Associate
I think you are referring to RDNA 2. Those rumours being based off the fact that the PS5 can hit 2.3GHZ

Probably true. Thanks for the correction.

Still. Unless clockspeeds dip significantly (my 2080ti does 2.1GHz comfortably), the leaked item does seem at least a bit conservative.

Soldato
By
Yeah, lets gaslight people and say it's their fault because that is always the best approach. I'm sure the various members in the 5700XT thread who have had problems would love to hear more from you about that. :p

Gaslight? Aren't you on trend:p Truth is most people don't have issues, most reviewers don't have issues and quite a few reported that Windows updates were the culprit not drivers. Too many variables and no way to even believe what is written on forums. You could be Jensen for all I know, how is the jacket by the way? ;):D

Caporegime
By

Gaslight? Aren't you on trend:p Truth is most people don't have issues, most reviewers don't have issues and quite a few reported that Windows updates were the culprit not drivers. Too many variables and no way to even believe what is written on forums. You could be Jensen for all I know, how is the jacket by the way? ;):D
Gaslight has been a word for years now and it's actually a good one. ;) Claiming that no-one has problems doesn't mean no-one has problems, it just makes you sound irrational and in denial. Fun fact: Trump uses exactly the same tactic on a daily basis.

Go read the 5700XT thread... people who clearly know about PC's have had similar problems with AMD drivers. :)

Back
Top Bottom