• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
With the consoles moving to 16GB do you honestly think that developers will just use 8GB and leave the rest?
16GB, that's very misleading because it's shared memory with the OS. How much will actually be left to be used as vram? 13, 12, 11 GB?

If a publisher is porting a title to pc, it isn't going to limit the potential buyers to those who have double digit vram cards, a tiny proportion of PC gamers. I can see there being high vram card options in game settings though.

Soldato
16GB, that's very misleading because it's shared memory with the OS. How much will actually be left to be used as vram? 13, 12, 11 GB?

If a publisher is porting a title to pc, it isn't going to limit the potential buyers to those who have double digit vram cards, a tiny proportion of PC gamers. I can see there being high vram card options in game settings though.

Wouldn't 8GB (previous gen had 8GB of RAM) also be misleading since some of it was also reserved for the OS?. The answer is 13GB but the point of the question is do you honestly think that developers won't use resources that are available to them? Do you think they will act like they have 8GB of ram just like the previous gen consoles?

In response to your second statement it would be kind of ironic if games had to be downgraded when porting them over from consoles to PCs.

Soldato
We’ve been chugging along pretty good with consoles ports as they are Using 8GB of GDDR5.

But things changed with next gen consoles using 16GB of GDDR6. As it stands now we don’t have 16GB video cards. This puts PC gamers at a bandwidth disadvantage. As we are forced to rely on DDR4/5.

It’s a given that these new games will take advantage of the improved bandwidth as well as that secret sauce that comes with those consoles.

As it stands, imo, if you want to play these new ports at higher resolutions these new video cards must have at least 16GB of vram. And that’s not counting the win10 overhead. MS, IMO, is addressing this with the implementation of hardware accelerated gpu scheduler.

It’s the occupancy of bandwidth, not capacity alone, which is the focus. As we are looking at games that are more open world. IE: Ratchet and Clank, Grand Theft Auto, Halo Infinite, etc. Which will offer ray tracing. A first for open world, sand box games.

Last edited:
Soldato
If thats true about 16gb vram then that HBCC thing for my vega 56 should come in handy, its been a useless feature for the most part as no game would use 8gb really but if future games will be using it then that should have those that have HBCC options in a good place and not really need a update for 16gb gpus. Wont be as fast probably but usable non the less.

Soldato
The CP2077 previews were done with RTX on, both GI & DLSS, but it was reconstructed TO 1080p, so expect the 4K footage to look way better.

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cyberpunk-2077-Spiel-20697/Specials/Cyberpunk-2077-Preview-Raytracing-1352917/

This is not even 1080p!!! O_O

Cyberpunk_2077_Preview_CD-Projekt_RED_006-pcgh.jpg

Soldato
Cyberpunk 2077 supports RTX Ray Tracing for Global Illumination, Shadows, Reflections and DLSS 2.0 on launch day

time for Nvidia to bring back the The way it's meant to be played" slogan, Nvidia is killing it right now

Soldato
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...tracing-dlss-geforce-now-screenshots-trailer/

GeForce RTX-Powered Ray Tracing
Last year, we announced the inclusion of ray tracing in Cyberpunk 2077, and shared some amazing in-game screens with the tech enabled. Now, there will be four ray-traced effects in the game, further improving image quality, realism, and immersion.
Ray-Traced Diffuse Illumination - This captures sky radiance as well as emissive lighting from various surfaces, which is difficult to achieve with traditional rendering techniques. When enabled, billboards and other illuminated surfaces and objects will brighten their surroundings with naturally colored lighting, and the sun and moon will realistically illuminate Night City.

Ray-Traced Reflections - In Cyberpunk 2077, ray-traced reflections are used on all surfaces and can trace ranges for up to several kilometers, enabling realistic reflections across vast view distances. They are present on both opaque and transparent objects and surfaces to simulate the way light reflects from glossy and metal surfaces by tracing a single bounce of reflection rays against the scene.
Unlike screen space techniques that only reflect what’s on screen, ray-traced reflections incorporate the entire scene around the character and can accurately represent objects outside the camera view or facing away from the camera. In addition, ray-traced reflections have vastly improved fidelity, and don’t suffer from other immersion-harming image quality artifacts and issues seen when using screen space techniques.

Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion - Ambient occlusion is a shading and rendering technique used to calculate how exposed each point in a scene is to ambient lighting, which results in the rendering of new AO shadows that ground objects and naturally darken surfaces, objects, and other game elements. In Cyberpunk 2077, ray-traced ambient occlusion can be used with local lights to approximate local shadowing effects where shadows are missing, greatly improving the quality of the ambient occlusion effect.

Ray-Traced Shadows – Ray tracing enables developers to bring pixel-perfect shadows to games, free from the compromises and limitations of shadow maps. In Cyberpunk 2077, directional shadows from sun and moon light are added to the game, based on the strength of light, scattering of light through clouds, and other factors.
Powered by dedicated AI processors on GeForce RTX GPUs called tensor cores, NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 is a deep learning neural network that boosts frame rates while generating beautiful, crisp game images. It gives gamers the performance headroom to maximize ray tracing settings and increase output resolutions.
This critically acclaimed technology is already in several games, and we’re pleased to announce that it will also be available in Cyberpunk 2077.

Play Cyberpunk 2077 In The Cloud On GeForce NOW
GeForce NOW is NVIDIA's game streaming service that delivers real-time gameplay from world-class NVIDIA GPUs in the cloud. Playing PC games on GeForce NOW provides members with instant access, and the latest Game Ready Drivers for the best performance. Since you’re playing on high-performance GPUs in the cloud, even gamers on low-powered hardware can now play at amazing levels of fidelity.
Using the GeForce NOW app on PC, Mac, SHIELD TV, and Android devices, gamers can play their favorite PC titles already purchased from popular digital stores like Steam, Epic Games Store and Uplay. And because these are real PC games, GeForce NOW members experience their titles the way you intended, with and against millions of other PC players, at 1080p 60 FPS.
When Cyberpunk 2077 launches later this year, it will be available on GeForce NOW, with support for ray-tracing effects and DLSS 2.0. So even if you’re playing on an old PC, a Mac, or an Android device, you can experience Cyberpunk 2077 at 1080p 60 FPS.

cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-june-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-003.jpg

Caporegime
Cyberpunk 2077 supports RTX Ray Tracing for Global Illumination, Shadows, Reflections and DLSS 2.0 on launch day

time for Nvidia to bring back the The way it's meant to be played" slogan, Nvidia is killing it right now
Even if AMD are competitive in the new gen I will still buy Nvidia as their overall technology and levels of innovation (when they get their ass moving) are simply better than AMD... at least for the moment.

Soldato

The game isn’t out and we have no way to know how it will perform in the wild. There’s a chance NVidia are paying them to delay it.

How much are they paying you to post stuff like this?

Soldato
We play in Full HD - a fact that we first have to digest a bit, given the RTX 2080 Ti in the Alienware presentation computer, there should actually be a little more in the pixel density. In addition, DLSS is activated, the internal render resolution is less than 1,920 × 1080 pixels. But ray tracing is also active, in our preview version in the form of shadows, ambient coverage and indirect lighting (Ray Traced Diffuse Illumination).
https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cyberpunk-2077-Spiel-20697/Specials/Cyberpunk-2077-Preview-Raytracing-1352917/

Just what I thought...
At a guess FPS around 30-50FPS.
I still believe this game is for the 3000 series not the 2000 series. Although they played it using the 2080ti. I would believe that the youtube video(s) was ran using the 3080 or better. The lower resolution coincide with my prior post about bandwidth limitations.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh it's definitely for the 3000 series

But if you didn't tell me it was 1080p I would not have known, because the gameplay footage released look very clean crisp and highly detailed - DLSS 2.0 working its magic indeed!

Soldato
Oh it's definitely for the 3000 series

But if you didn't tell me it was 1080p I would not have known, because the gameplay footage released look very clean crisp and highly detailed - DLSS 2.0 working its magic indeed!
The video itself is 4k. So it was either upscaled when rendered or they are using hardware we don't know about. Because I wouldn't believe it was a lonely 3080 doing that. Perhaps in SLI or something else. I say something else because that video was full of cutscenes. Nice trick...

Soldato
Even if AMD are competitive in the new gen I will still buy Nvidia as their overall technology and levels of innovation (when they get their ass moving) are simply better than AMD... at least for the moment.
Why would they need to "get their ass moving" if your going to buy their product no matter what?

Back
Top Bottom