• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Have you not seen what Nvidia are charging for GPU's?

My point is that they will hike prices to the max, regardless of supply constraints or not.
+1, Nvidia are certainly going to squeeze us until the pips squeak, they don't know pity or remorse and they absolutely will not stop.

Soldato
But surely Nvidia are not immune to market conditions.

They are only able to squeeze us 'until the pips squeak' because they have no competition at this tie or the market conditions allow them to do so.

Why are we all buying their over priced products then?

Soldato

They are only able to squeeze us 'until the pips squeak' because they have no competition at this tie or the market conditions allow them to do so.

Clearly not everyone is buying them as sales have been on a downward trend.

Soldato
I skipped Turing as the price / performance wasnt there and this time around I will certainly consider AMD if they're offering similar performance for cheaper.

Soldato
This is why I am hoping new consoles will play a role in keeping Nvidia honest. Also if big Navi can actually throw it's weight around that will bring back some much needed competition at the high end.

Soldato
Nvidia didn't get any of my money for Turing.

Yes, but enough people did for Nvidia not to feel the need to lower prices.

If there where any market pressure or sales weren't good, we would have seen better prices.

Unless the R&D on the cards was so high they actually couldn't afford to sell them cheaper.

Which could bode well for the 3000 series.

Associate

We aren't 'all' buying them. I did buy and sell Titan XP's in a daft double quick moment but two 980TIs and two 1080TIs were all stellar performers at 'reasonable' (in a historic way) prices. Obviously they were expensive but competitive with the competition. Then AMD, just like Elvis, left the building. Seems AMD are prepared to go back on stage with some new songs.

Back
Top Bottom