• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

HRL

HRL

Soldato
3080Ti OC’d @ 50% over a 2080Ti wouldn’t be too bad, price aside.

A 40% increase at stock would be better than we got last time around.

Soldato
Considering these are on Samsung 8nm, which is just an enhanced 10nm.... yes, this is accurate.

"+80% over 2080TI" was always going to be "RX 480 as fast as 980TI"

Of course. I never paid attention to such rumours. I think Nvidia is just gonna bank the margins again and enjoy another cycle of swimming in money. Even if we look to AMD their rumoured Big Navi would still only hit parity with the rumoured 3080 Ti at best, and they're probably not too eager to under-price it either as 7nm TSMC will cost them more than what it will Nvidia with Samsung. Plus they might have to go wider bus also, which is yet more costly.

Soldato
The 2080Ti should have been priced around $700 for the performance it offered...*years ago*. If these are the price points Nvidia wants to set for these levels of performance in 2020, they are still off track.

Caporegime
Of course. I never paid attention to such rumours. I think Nvidia is just gonna bank the margins again and enjoy another cycle of swimming in money. Even if we look to AMD their rumoured Big Navi would still only hit parity with the rumoured 3080 Ti at best, and they're probably not too eager to under-price it either as 7nm TSMC will cost them more than what it will Nvidia with Samsung. Plus they might have to go wider bus also, which is yet more costly.

$1200 is the base price for the 2080TI, if the price of the 3080TI is right, IMO it is, its 40% more performance for the same money, when everyone has got over their disappointment and gets back to reality they will realize actually this isn't bad at all.

Your move AMD....

Soldato
If the 3070 only has 8gb then that's me out for the 3 series fullstop.

NV have a long history of cheaping out on VRAM, the 970 con for example, and of course the at the mid-range their 2060's and 1660's etc on 6GB have been up against 56's, 64's 590's 5700 series etc all with 8GB. Of course these aren't perfect comparisons but broadly across that range over the last few years AMD have given 8GB as standard NV 6GB as standard.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Current stacking and how the rumours stack up based on my own estimates, left price empty for 3000s. The 2080 is an anomaly because it got EOL'ed and few cards are still out & therefore overpriced. Prices from OCUK (minus the 2080). Middle column is performance based on 2080 Ti baseline at 4K, from TechPowerUp.

Hmm maybe I jumped the gun a bit on prices, perhaps it will be more like this:

mcVGHSH.png
Still wrong imo. But makes more sense now at least.

Associate
I'm expecting 2080ti or near enough performance for £400 from either Nvidia or AMD or I will skip a gen and buy a ps5. Makes no sense spending £400-500 on a GPU that'll be weaker than or equal to the consoles.
8gb is lackluster also, if true I hope the AMD equivalent gives 12gb.

Soldato
The 2080Ti should have been priced around $700 for the performance it offered...*years ago*. If these are the price points Nvidia wants to set for these levels of performance in 2020, they are still off track.

If it had competition then i would Agree but it didn't and still doesn't 22 months later

Caporegime
$1200 is the base price for the 2080TI, if the price of the 3080TI is right, IMO it is, its 40% more performance for the same money, when everyone has got over their disappointment and gets back to reality they will realize actually this isn't bad at all.

Your move AMD....
/crying with laughter

£1200 "isn't bad at all".... hahahahahhahahahahahahaha. My sides!

nV obviously keen to shift low volume, high margin, and to rely on wealthy PC gaming die-hards. Obviously don't see the consoles as any kind of threat, contrary to what some expected.

Personally I didn't think nV would lower their prices, but that doesn't mean they "aren't bad", it just means they're still not getting any of my money :p

And since AMD will follow suit with their pricing, neither will they :)

I'm expecting 2080ti or near enough performance for £400 from either Nvidia or AMD
"This is a pleasant fiction, isn't it."

Brace for disappointment.

Caporegime
/crying with laughter

£1200 "isn't bad at all".... hahahahahhahahahahahahaha. My sides!

nV obviously keen to shift low volume, high margin, and to rely on wealthy PC gaming die-hards. Obviously don't see the consoles as any kind of threat, contrary to what some expected.

Personally I didn't think nV would lower their prices, but that doesn't mean they "aren't bad", it just means they're still not getting any of my money :p

And since AMD will follow suit with their pricing, neither will they :)

"This is a pleasant fiction, isn't it."

Brace for disappointment.

Well yes, its all relative i guess.

Back
Top Bottom