• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia recognises 10gb isn't enough - RTX3080 gets a VRAM upgrade

Caporegime
Lots of reports from Nvidia 3000 GPU owners that they're seeing texture loading issues in Forza Horizon 5 as well. Gonna be harder to claim this one's unoptimised like they did for FC6. Maybe NV really didn't put enough vram on these cards? :eek:

RFgkmZ9.jpg
Is that with RTX on? I can see reflections on the bonnet.

Lalalala arguments ahoy!
What a time to be alive.

Soldato
Game has no RT, that's just good ol' raster cube-maps with a million probes. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForzaHoriz..._im_having_wierd_texture_loading_bugs_anyone/
1z0w9nqe0lx71.png

Associate
Funny that its a known issue yet the usual shill appears to put the emphasis on 10gb Nvidia etc etc, same crap you pulled with your GotG Benchmark thread, whatever keeps you happy aye !

Caporegime
Funny that its a known issue yet the usual shill appears to put the emphasis on 10gb Nvidia etc etc, same crap you pulled with your GotG Benchmark thread, whatever keeps you happy aye !
:cry:

Yup so developers have confirmed it is an issue but no doubt, fingers in ears time again :p :D ;)

@TNA pass me the popcorn

Caporegime
I didn't even mention Forza mingey, first I'd heard about it to be honest.

Hows life in Yarmouth? Not far from me.

Game has no RT, that's just good ol' raster cube-maps with a million probes. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForzaHoriz..._im_having_wierd_texture_loading_bugs_anyone/
1z0w9nqe0lx71.png
The standard versions releases on the 9th i believe.

Permabanned
8 gbs today is like 2 gb in 2015, no surprise there

background default windows uses 500 mb-1.5 gb depending on the amount of programs, so im not too surprised. 6.5-7 gb allocation wont cut for such nextgen games anymore

Caporegime
So if the game uses more than 10GBs can we automatically assume that AMD paid Microsoft to gimp Nvidia performance on Forza?
Yes. Or that the game is not optimised properly. Or it's a bug which the developers have acknowledged and is being worked on, but will never actually get fixed. Or we just pretend its not an issue because one person on YouTube has it running okay using the wrong settings.

I think all of those scenarios should cover it. :cry:

Permabanned
the increasing number of these "bugs" are on the rise lmao

its not a bug that dev just said that bcoz they had to. what that user expects? that the dev to tell him to get a proper nextgen gpu with 12 gb+ vram? lmao. if i was a dev i would shun the 8 gb user.s 8 gb is obsolete for ultra nextgen graphics. 3070 has the grunt but not the memory. what a fail

Caporegime
8 gbs today is like 2 gb in 2015, no surprise there

background default windows uses 500 mb-1.5 gb depending on the amount of programs, so im not too surprised. 6.5-7 gb allocation wont cut for such nextgen games anymore

Yup, 8gb is pitiful for 4k and somewhat even 1440p imo. Don't know why people keep trying to insist that a 3070 is meant for 4k, it's fine but accept that settings will need to be turned down....

So if the game uses more than 10GBs can we automatically assume that AMD paid Microsoft to gimp Nvidia performance on Forza?

The game is not using more than 9GB with a 3080ti at 4k:

Either way, we have seen time and time again, even if games use all the vram they can, it will make no difference, see HZD, godfall and resident evil village for this.

FC 6 is the only game (outside of insane high res. VR headsets) so far to show an actual "worthwhile" benefit with having more vram but as per developers comments, there is an issue with the vram management/texture rendering which they are working on/fixing/improving (HZD had similar issues and was patched/fixed numerous times to resolve it)

Yes. Or that the game is not optimised properly. Or it's a bug which the developers have acknowledged and is being worked on, but will never actually get fixed. Or we just pretend its not an issue because one person on YouTube has it running okay using the wrong settings.

I think all of those scenarios should cover it. :cry:

Somehow I get you're referring to GODFALLLLLLLLL videos of mine, in which case, multiple videos and all using the required settings or are we referring the one where motion blur or/and CAS [a sharpener for when using TAA] was turned off? :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

its not a bug that dev just said that bcoz they had to. what that user expects? that the dev to tell him to get a proper nextgen gpu with 12 gb+ vram? lmao. if i was a dev i would shun the 8 gb user.s 8 gb is obsolete for ultra nextgen graphics. 3070 has the grunt but not the memory. what a fail

@TNA oof

Associate
I would start a benchmark thread for Forza 5, but it'll just get derailed and trolled into oblivion and the dons will do sweet f all about it. :p

Gotta admit i am curious to see comparisons between the 3090 and the 6900XT and even some CPU comparisons, would be nice to see some games starting to better use more than 6 CPU cores.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Back
Top Bottom