• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia recognises 10gb isn't enough - RTX3080 gets a VRAM upgrade

Associate
I don’t think anyone who purchased an 3080 FE fell for anything. That card cost around £600 after selling the codes that came with it and so far a year on from release Far Cry 6 is about the only somewhat decent game that uses more than 10GB if you want the HD textures.

Also the new 12GB will likely cost more anyways and if one sold their 3080 even after it came out at the price they purchased it for people would snap their hand off.

People need to understand AMD and Nvidia are a business and not your friend. They will always try and maximise profits so don’t act shocked. Oh and you also need to understand how yields improve over time and cost and availability. The 12GB 3080 would certainly have cost a lot more last year when the 3080 came out and all the extra money would be for what? Still would not work properly on Far Cry 6 with HD Texture pack :cry:

That’s why your post and Grim’s thread make no sense ;)

The 3080 fe was and still is the best deal at £650 and like you say if you sold that game better still.

Permabanned
The 3080 fe was and still is the best deal at £650 and like you say if you sold that game better still.

It's all a scam on the consumer, consumers should be having none of this and should show their annoyance at Nvidia and AMD! Consumers need to say it's now enough!

10GB VRAM on one of Nvidia's flag ship cards that is totally out selling AMD cards. So then AMD work on one popular game (Far Cry 6), AMD force them to use a Texture Pack to cause issues for Nvidia's 10GB card.

All a bunch of nonsense! 99.5% of PC games will not use more than 10GB VRAM.

Nvidia now sees this as a money making opportunity and are now going to fleece gamers with a 12GB version ( 2GB more :cry:). They will be making 100% markups, millions of profit yet again. Gamers just need more GPUs at affordable prices not this nonsense!

They are spitting in the face of gamers and gamers are taking it !

Last edited:
Associate
It's all a scam on the consumer, consumers should be having none of this and should show their annoyance at Nvidia and AMD! Consumers need to say it's now enough!

10GB VRAM on one of Nvidia's flag ship cards that is totally out selling AMD cards. So then AMD work on one popular game (Far Cry 6), AMD force them to use a Texture Pack to cause issues for Nvidia's 10GB card.

All a bunch of nonsense! 99.5% of PC games will not use more than 10GB VRAM.

They are spitting in the face of gamers and gamers are taking it !

And gamers keep buying the cards so nothing is going to change. :(:mad::(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Guerrilla of the low VRAM.
I just say it as it is. That said, soon might be on 16GB if rumours are true and we get a 3070Ti ;)

Hopefully not much more than £100 for me to upgrade. Double the VRAM and faster GDDR6X which will be nice for 4K.

If not 4000 series is likely only a year away anyway.

Soldato
Cost of 3080 -£650
Postage -£10
Selling Cold War +£30
Value of ethereum mined so far +£2550
Value of card on 2nd hand markets +£1200

So I'm up >£3000 but I can't play Far Cry 6 on max textures. I think 10GB is enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think a display might be higher priority if one comes out that has bells and is small enough.
42” LG OLED Black Friday 2022 :D

Alternatively if there is a very good deal on the current 48” one this Black Friday at John Lewis (would only buy from there as they offer 5 year pixel burn in guarantee which costs around £140) I may be persuaded to reconfigure my desk for that.

No other monitor comes close to these for image quality.

Soldato
Cost of 3080 -£650
Postage -£10
Selling Cold War +£30
Value of ethereum mined so far +£2550
Value of card on 2nd hand markets +£1200

So I'm up >£3000 but I can't play Far Cry 6 on max textures. I think 10GB is enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rock-clapping.gif

Soldato
The 3080 was around 60% faster and had 2gb more VRAM than a 2080 for the same MSRP so that's a deal if you ask me, it probably doesn't look like a deal though if you paid £1200 for one but then you only have yourself to blame.

Back
Top Bottom