• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia recognises 10gb isn't enough - RTX3080 gets a VRAM upgrade

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It would have made more sense and more cost effective to put 16gb ddr6 rather than 12gb ddr6x on it
People love to say this, but it was not exactly an easy thing to do due to bus sizes work. If you stick 16GB then you can’t have the same bus size meaning a completely different performing card.

It is not like their engineers don’t know what they are doing. Also it is a business decision and needs to fit with their line ups and not cannibalise sales from their own stack.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The interesting question is how much will it cost?
How would he know? He only knows what it says in the rumour link ;)

Look at Grims title of the thread. Makes no sense, as if 10 ain’t enough 12 ain’t either as only title worth mentioning needs more than 12GB also…

I may grab myself a 3070 Ti 16GB edition just to **** Matt off :p

My guess is that will be around £579-£599. Can easily get what I paid for my 3070 back so will be around £100 for me to upgrade and it will shift easier later on too as I won’t need to hear rubbish like 8GB is not enough :cry:

Caporegime
How would he know? He only knows what it says in the rumour link ;)

Look at Grims title of the thread. Makes no sense, as if 10 ain’t enough 12 ain’t either as only title worth mentioning needs more than 12GB also…

I may grab myself a 3070 Ti 16GB edition just to **** Matt off :p

My guess is that will be around £579-£599. Can easily get what I paid for my 3070 back so will be around £100 for me to upgrade and it will shift easier later on too as I won’t need to hear rubbish like 8GB is not enough :cry:
You honestly think a 12GB 3080 will be cheaper than the original 10GB model?

Soldato
This is called milking the consumers. They could have put in 12Gb from the outset but they always use this tactic to extract maximum cash from their customer base and also devalue the older products. No doubt this is a way for them to increase the msrp of the 3080.

Pathetic tactic but those who fall for it deserve to be treated like this.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Haha. I think the ultra insult route is to get a 6900XT liquid edition @TNA or a rumoured 6900XTX and beat his high score benchmark for ultra Bandito kudos
If I was Kaapstad loaded I would. But no chance of me paying AMD’s looney prices at the moment. Plus we all know they or Nvidia will release a GPU that costs about a one third or quarter of the price and perform as good if not better 12 months or less later and have better RT too boot :cry:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is called milking the consumers. They could have put in 12Gb from the outset but they always use this tactic to extract maximum cash from their customer base and also devalue the older products. Pathetic tactic but those who fall for it deserve to be treated like this.
I don’t think anyone who purchased an 3080 FE fell for anything. That card cost around £600 after selling the codes that came with it and so far a year on from release Far Cry 6 is about the only somewhat decent game that uses more than 10GB if you want the HD textures.

Also the new 12GB will likely cost more anyways and if one sold their 3080 even after it came out at the price they purchased it for people would snap their hand off.

People need to understand AMD and Nvidia are a business and not your friend. They will always try and maximise profits so don’t act shocked. Oh and you also need to understand how yields improve over time and cost and availability. The 12GB 3080 would certainly have cost a lot more last year when the 3080 came out and all the extra money would be for what? Still would not work properly on Far Cry 6 with HD Texture pack :cry:

That’s why your post and Grim’s thread make no sense ;)

Back
Top Bottom