• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia recognises 10gb isn't enough - RTX3080 gets a VRAM upgrade

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
People were saying crap like that a few years ago about ampere. Instead we got a 2080Ti performance for half the price :cry::D

This.

Theorycraft is one thing, I do hope your correct in jump in performance (50%), sadly I think if this gen is to go by, we are in for another 10-15% hike till logistics and metals stabilises. This means a 4080FE equivalent will start at £749. As with most evidence of late I expect just a 25% lift like standard milking.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
This sounds realistic. £799 max.

I mean if they were smart they would just have a 4090 for £999 (Jensen would love squeezing how he's cutting everyone a favour like he did the 3080 from the 2080Ti) and people would cream their pants waving spatulas, and he could still offer a 3090Super/Ti for the £1500 segment.

Then compare everything to Turing and "yes my Turing friends you are safe to upgrade!"

Soldato
:cry::cry::cry:

Yea but all that extra VRAM bro. You can play Far Cry 6 with HD Texture pack… :p:cry::D

Oh yeah!

Twice the price for 15% perf uplift, and pay full game price to experience somewhat playable AAA betas. Or Alphas such as CP2077 :cry::D:cry::D

Or pay half price for -15% performance and wait for the game to be fixed - which usually coincides with the game being half price.

Win Win

16GB+ cards for more playable betas AND for the user to pay full RRP for the game. :eek:

All this 16GB required to play FC6 reminds me of the BF4 beta debacle, when everyone ran out and bought i7's as the beta played better on those with hyperthreading. But when the game released - it ran fine on i5's.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This.

Theorycraft is one thing, I do hope your correct in jump in performance (50%), sadly I think if this gen is to go by, we are in for another 10-15% hike till logistics and metals stabilises. This means a 4080FE equivalent will start at £749. As with most evidence of late I expect just a 25% lift like standard milking.
Just saw you edited my quote :p

Were the 2080 It’s not £1200? That’s what I recall, so closer to one third than half, especially if you got it with a game code it was pretty much one third the price ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
All this 16GB required to play FC6 reminds me of the BF4 beta debacle, when everyone ran out and bought i7's as the beta played better on those with hyperthreading. But when the game released - it ran fine on i5's.
Would be funny if they patch the game and the HD texture pack starts working on 10GB like every other games does :p

Soldato
Would be funny if they patch the game and the HD texture pack starts working on 10GB like every other games does :p
I'd find it more funny if the next big Nvidia sponsored title needs 17gb VRAM with the HD textures just to upset the AMD fanboys.

Soldato
See RE Village. Needs more than 12GB of VRAM with the high textures. Also see AC Valhalla. NVIDIA's performance in this game is abysmal as the 6800XT outperforms an RTX 3090 and a 3080 performs on par with a 6800.

Regarding RE village I believe you are simply mistaken. Every benchmark on the web that i've seen, from guru3d, tomshardware, random youtuber, just to name a few, seems to indicate that RE Village runs fine on a 3080. Just because it looses to the 6800xt doesn't mean it's because of the vram(seems to be around 7-10fps behind on the minimums @4k max settings, would have expected much worse minimums if it was choking hard due to an inferior vram amount). Overall your 2 examples only shows that those games has been optimized for AMD not that AMD's partnership has caused an unnessesary inflation in vram usage causing crippling performance for team green. Team green still gets solid numbers, just not as good as the competition. If you want to know what crippling your competition looks like, take a look at the early black box GameWorks program.

I'd find it more funny if the next big Nvidia sponsored title needs 17gb VRAM with the HD textures just to upset the AMD fanboys.
Wouldn't be the first time Nvidia has spoiled their own GPU performance just to stick it to team red :p look at witcher 3 and kepler.

Soldato
That sounds awesome:), so you recommend Far Cry 6 as the best Far Cry game? As I will purchase it ASAP.
I would say so yes, from a purely mechanical standpoint and the overall experience. I enjoyed the atmosphere of 5 most but that's down to personal preference, and I'm glad to say the writing in this game (6) is fairly solid as well so it's low on the typical Ubisoft cringe factor. If people wanted to try out a Far Cry game then it's the first one I'd recommend.

Caporegime
Yes it is the best Far Cry so far and it is without doubt the best visually. And I love and still play Far Cry 5.

I have them both installed and Far Cry 5, even with the HD Texture pack (note its not a 4K Texture pack) looks rather bland in comparison.

Far Cry 6 HDR is absolutely superb and puts 5 to shame in direct comparison. If you do not have a HDR display you are missing out.

Anyone who says 6 looks no better than 5 either doesn't meet the minimum requirements to use the 4K Texture pack, or has some other game/driver issue.

I can use the 4K Texture Pack just fine on a 6700 XT too. So in theory a 3080TI should be able to run the 4K Texture pack once the game/driver issue is sorted.

3080 won't be able to use it though, need at least 12GB unless you compromise on other image quality settings.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I would say so yes, from a purely mechanical standpoint and the overall experience. I enjoyed the atmosphere of 5 most but that's down to personal preference, and I'm glad to say the writing in this game (6) is fairly solid as well so it's low on the typical Ubisoft cringe factor. If people wanted to try out a Far Cry game then it's the first one I'd recommend.

Yes it is the best Far Cry so far and it is without doubt the best visually. And I love and still play Far Cry 5.

I have them both installed and Far Cry 5, even with the HD Texture pack (note its not a 4K Texture pack) looks rather bland in comparison.

Far Cry 6 HDR is absolutely superb and puts 5 to shame in direct comparison. If you do not have a HDR display you are missing out.

Anyone who says 6 looks no better than 5 either doesn't meet the minimum requirements to use the 4K Texture pack, or has some other game/driver issue.

I can use the 4K Texture Pack just fine on a 6700 XT too. So in theory a 3080TI should be able to run the 4K Texture pack once the game/driver issue is sorted.

3080 won't be able to use it though, need at least 12GB unless you compromise on other image quality settings.

:) I'm going to buy the game. I have HDR 4K panel and only play in 4K.

Where is the cheapest I can get this game ?

Caporegime
:) I'm going to buy the game. I have HDR 4K panel and only play in 4K.

Where is the cheapest I can get this game ?
Ubisoft + is £12.99 for one month. You can download the game and cancel the trial then have 30 days to complete/finish the game.

Or you can buy it from a CD Key site for around £35 i guess.

The game has replay value if you like getting full completion, doing all side quests and collecting things. There are loads of things to collect dotted around. However, if you just like playing the main storyline and not doing much else then 30 days is more than enough for a one time playthrough.

Back
Top Bottom